It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Bisoprolol effects!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
    charl3n3
    (female)

charl3n3 HB User
    Bisoprolol effects!

Hiya Im 23 years old and am currently on Bisoprolol 5mg once a day for palpatations.
    Ive had palpatations for 4 years now since I had my son and theyre gradually getting worse and changing into episodes of irregular heartbeats and dizzy spells.
    I was first put on propanolol which helped but was still not getting rid of the palpatations. Ive had many tests ECG's etc.. but ive never had an episode while on these tests. So therefore have been told nothing is wrong. I dont suffer from panic attacks and these episodes can come on at anytime, resting or excercising.
    Im currently under a cardiologist whos now talking about me having ablation. He recently changed my medication to Bisoprolol 2.5mg a day it just had the same affect as the propanolol and I was still having episodes so a few weeks ago my GP uped m dose to 5mg a day. Since then I seem to be having worse episodes and its working less than the 2.5mg.
    I was just wondering if anyone had the same effects or have heard about this happening. It would be really helpful if anyone could help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #2
    rudiraven
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
    Re: Bisoprolol effects!

Have they done a Holter monitor test? It will record all your heartbeats for a 24 hour period or longer if they choose. Then they might be able to catch the actual episode and better diagnose what's going on. I wish you well.

Old 08-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #3
    charl3n3
    (female)

charl3n3 HB User

Yes they have done a few 24 hours hooters monitors. But I've never had an episode while being on them. It's quite tricky because they never catch it

Old 08-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
    rudiraven
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

If they've never caught your "episodes" happening then why in the world would the doctor be speaking of doing an ablation? Are they absolutely sure you're actually having heart palpitations and not gastrointestinal issues causing it to feel like a heart flutter. Just curious :-)

Last edited by rudiraven; 08-26-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Old 08-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
    charl3n3
    (female)

charl3n3 HB User

That's exactly what I thought. I know it's definatly heart flutter because I check my pulse. But I do suffer with belly problems aswell. They just don't know what to do with me really I need help!

Closed Thread