It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• I am done with doctors, I need YOUR help to solve this.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
    toms119
    (male)

toms119 HB User
    I am done with doctors, I need YOUR help to solve this.

Hello everyone,

I am going to keep this short, even though it has been long and annoying. I am going to use Bullet points as well.
    1. In May of 2012 I had a balloon sinuplasty with turbinate reduction done, after a severe sinus infection and a cat scan that thowed it
    2. Before having the balloon sinuplasty, and after, I was prescribed around 20 rounds of antibiotics from (augmentin to Biaxin to 30 days of levaquin with prednisone) I was just prescribed levaquin again today
    3. In October of 2011 I was diagnosed with Mononucleosis and severe epstein bar virus. I continued to get blood tests every month to track the EBV antibodies. It was terrible, the symptoms and side effects.
    4. In october 2012, a year later the EBV antibodies were close to being gone. I even got acute eye infections, and missed 50 days of my senior year.
    5. 3 months ago, In early March, My sinus issues were not going away, So I went to an allergy specilist and my MD. The allergy specilist found me not allergic to ANY environmental factors (dog to cat to grass, nothing). My MD sent out for a 300 point food allergy test. I found out I was highly allergic to Yeast, Cows and Goat's milk, Wheat, Gluten, Malt and casein).
    6. I gave up all foods I was allergic to. And I am still suffering with sinus infections.

A few days ago, I went to my MD and I told her of my problems. She thought I may have ADD, after I told her I tried a friends adderall and loved the drug. The energy and focus I got that I have not had in so long. After an exam, she wanted me to try it and report back on everything, I was borderline. I dont think I have add or adhd, no one does. I tried the drug and it made me extremely tired, aggravated, no energy, headache, mad I called my doctor back and she told me there was no way this could make me tired. I tried 10mg XR once a day and then I tried 10mg IR 2x per day. I googled my symptom and it said if it makes you calm you have ADHD or ADD, it made me EXHAUSTED. I could take it and sleep.

I am tired of going doctor to doctor not knowing whats wrong. One thing I do know is that the one time I did go to the hospital for an allergic reaction (thats what led me to get food testing) the IV saline bag made me feel amazing, brand new and refreshed. I have tried drinking 80 oz of water or electrolytes to no avail though. I was wondering If anyone can shed some intelligent light on this. It will be very, very much appreciated.

Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
    Rosie758
    (female)

Rosie758 HB User
    Re: I am done with doctors, I need YOUR help to solve this.

Hi.....I can understand how you feel. I have heaps of health problems and have found out that they are mostly caused by food intolerances. Gluten is the biggest offender.

You say you're on a GF diet, but I can tell you from experience that most processed foods are contaminated with gluten, even grains. I have eaten white rice and used rice flour in baking and had a return of the symptoms gluten caused me.

You might even have low thyroid function because gluten can damage anything in the body, especially if your are particularly sensitive to gluten. People of Irish extraction are known to be most affected by gluten. TSH levels shouln't be any higher than 2.5, but many doctors say that anything up to 4 or 5 is normal. Wrong. Low thyroid will make you chronically fatigued as will gluten if it's creeping into your diet.

All I can advise is to put yourself on a very 'clean' diet. I won't eat anything that is processed and avoid all grains.

I am not a doctor, but have a vast knowledge of how certain food intolerances can cause illness, including mental illness. For instance a salicylate sensitivity can cause you to feel suicidal. I know, because that was me until I worked it out by trawling the internet. Now I eat low salicylate and no more suicidal feelings.

I hope this helps. Having to give up your favourite foods is hard, but the payback is in how much better you feel. Drugs are not the answer and very often do more harm than good as they have in my case.

Cheers

Old 06-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: I am done with doctors, I need YOUR help to solve this.

It is common for it to take 6 months or more to feel better after changing your diet and eliminating the allergenic foods. You have to read the ingredients list very carefully on all foods, and get familiar with what substances contain gluten, often hidden in sauces as thickeners, in soy sauce, in many packaged foods. Any cheating, accidental or intentional, can set you back. Beer is full of gluten from the wheat and barley. It is hard to stick to. I know, as I have dairy, gluten, and yeast allergies also. But the diet has helped me a lot. If you have celiac disease, you could also be deficient in Vit D. b12 and iron, which can make you feel terrible. All those levels can be checked on blood tests (check ferritin for stored iron, as well as CBC, serum iron, iron binding capacity and transferrin saturation). I would ask your Dr to do those tests and then supplement anything you are low in.

Closed Thread

Tags
    allergies, epstein barr (ebv), fatigued, mononucleosis, sinus infection