It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• Whats wrong with me? Fibromyalgia or Mono

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
    WarriorFan
    (male)

WarriorFan HB User
    Exclamation Whats wrong with me? Fibromyalgia or Mono

I think I have Fibromyalgia or Mono. I went to Vegas 3 weeks ago for a few days. I came back I've never been so fatigued. I thought I was dehydrated from drinking I drank water to get re-hydrated all the way home and the next few days. I still do around 3/4 of a Gallon a day. I do not have a fever, or am I throwing up.

Two years ago I was diagnosed with Anxiety, never found the root of it but I continued to live with it. I no longer have medical insurance, so going to the doctor is not an option at this point. I've tried I seriously do not have any money for any alternative routes.

I am a skinny guy 6'2 170 (have a hard time gaining weight) I tried to get back to going to the gym and staying active. Before I was going 3-4 times a week. I went 2 days and I was exhausted. I can't work out I don't feel like doing anything. I am out of school for the summer I was hoping to find a job but I am in no shape to work.

My symptoms:
    Headache
    Sore Throat
    Joint pain (all joints)
    No energy
    Side left pain from back to rib cage
    Lymph node discomfort (neck, armpits, crotch) {not really swollen}
    Stress
    Anxiety

My body is weak I've never felt like this before. I've been researching my symptoms, and there is a lot of things it could be but I think I narrowed it down. From what I read is that if I do in fact have Mono, a doctor would pretty much say just rest and let it run its course.

Anybody felt like this or has any suggestions? (besides see a doctor)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: Whats wrong with me? Fibromyalgia or Mono

Is there a hospital that you can go to that will have tests done even if you don't have insurance?

How are you eating in general? even food choices can help with some ways we feel.

Are you taking any supplements..if yes, which ones?

q

Last edited by quincy; 07-27-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 PM   #3
    WarriorFan
    (male)

WarriorFan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Is there a hospital that you can go to that will have tests done even if you don't have insurance?

How are you eating in general? even food choices can help with some ways we feel.

Are you taking any supplements..if yes, which ones?

q
    No places will test me without insurance, it will cost. I have no money, or anyone I can borrow money from.

I can eat normal food. I eat 3 meals, and try to snack (haven't the last few days). Lately my appetite hasn't been there.

I was taking these supplements when I was steady working out.

Whey (Protein)
    Creatine
    Flaxseed oil
    B-Complex
    Iron
    Multi-Vitamin

Old 07-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You actually have quite a few symptoms that could be from mono. This doesn't sound like fibromyalgia. The other thing tyat can feel similar is hepatitis, so hopefully no risk factors for that. Mono can take 2-12 weeks to resolve completely, the first month being the worst. It is contagious thru saliva, so be careful not to share it (if that is what you have). Extra rest, fluids, ibuprofen can help with headache, joint and muscle aches, etc. No rough play-the left sided pain could be enlarged spleen, which can rupture from contact sports, etc. Hope this clears up quickly before school starts.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #5
    WarriorFan
    (male)

WarriorFan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
    You actually have quite a few symptoms that could be from mono. This doesn't sound like fibromyalgia. The other thing tyat can feel similar is hepatitis, so hopefully no risk factors for that. Mono can take 2-12 weeks to resolve completely, the first month being the worst. It is contagious thru saliva, so be careful not to share it (if that is what you have). Extra rest, fluids, ibuprofen can help with headache, joint and muscle aches, etc. No rough play-the left sided pain could be enlarged spleen, which can rupture from contact sports, etc. Hope this clears up quickly before school starts.
    Yea I looked into hepatitis too. I don't think its that. I've had the vaccines for A and B. There's a lot of different things it could be.

I took ibuprofen today twice, the pain is still sharp in my left side, and rib cage, hasn't decreased at all.

Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Ibuprofen may help the headache and joint/muscle pain, but if your spleen is enlarged, it won't help that. Do you have any fever? That would help confirm it is probably infection or at least inflammation. You have to check with themometer, as you may not feel feverish with just a low grade fever.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #7
    WarriorFan
    (male)

WarriorFan HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ladybud View Post
    Ibuprofen may help the headache and joint/muscle pain, but if your spleen is enlarged, it won't help that. Do you have any fever? That would help confirm it is probably infection or at least inflammation. You have to check with themometer, as you may not feel feverish with just a low grade fever.
    No fever, 97.9 I took my temperature every other day its been around the same.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:38 AM   #8
    DoodleFang
    (male)

DoodleFang HB User
    Thumbs down Re: Whats wrong with me? Fibromyalgia or Mono

You sound like a classic case of someone suffering from Lyme Disease.

My symptoms began with fatigue, flulike feelings, malaise and joint pain. Due to so many Dr's being ignorant about this disease I was placed on low dose doxycycline for 2 weeks (the worst thing you can do), therefore I was never properly treated and my symptoms were diminished, but only to reemerge much much worse a few years later. I currently require IV antibiotics due to my Drs ignorance.

Since you've no clue what is going on with your health (as did I) i would recommend seeing a Lyme literate Doctor or encouraging your Dr to put you on the proper treatment (doxycycline is cheap).
    If you've never been on Doxy for Lyme before then it will work. If the the Lyme Bacteria has already been exposed then it is most likely immune, this is where different antibiotics are used. Also another important piece of info, the 'Bulls Eye Rash' associated with Lyme does not always show. In cases, 50% of people with Lyme have never noticed a rash or a tick bite.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-29-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
    Patooty
    (female)

Patooty HB User

maybe inflamed appendix???

Old 08-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #10
    Kaji
    Veteran
    (female)

Kaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB UserKaji HB User

Sounds like a virus to me. Is there a clinic you could go to to be checked out?

Old 08-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #11
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Just mentioning hepatitis again, as chronic hepatitis C is very prevalent these days. Blood transfusions prior to 1992, IV drug use, tatoos, and high number of sexual contacts are risk factors. It is not prevented by the A and B hep vaccines. Of course, mono can cause transient hepatitis from the EBV or CMV virus as well, but resolves with the viral infection. Can you at least get a mono spot done at a clinic? They are not expensive. Neither are liver function tests on blood.

Last edited by ladybud; 08-11-2013 at 03:18 PM. Reason: typos

Closed Thread