It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board

• SICK of not feeling good

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #1
    Wapitilady
    (female)

Wapitilady HB User
    SICK of not feeling good

I don't even know where to begin. For several years now I have not felt "good". Don't get me wrong, I can function daily. I always feel tired, never rested. I get maybe 3 hours of sleep each night and if I take 75mg of Benadryl I will get 5 solid hours, but still do not feel rested. I have sought help from my doctor and other doctors for several years now, being told that I am depressed, cut your calories and you will lose weight and nothing works. I have had test after test run and everything comes back "normal", but does borderline mean anything?

Two nights ago as I was leaving work I began having chest pains. The pains were on the right side, going around to the back between the shoulder blades and into my neck. I went inside and ask my co-worker to take my blood pressure. It was 156/86.....this may not sound very high, but for me it is way out of my normal range. My heart was racing and HR was 126. I was dizzy, broke out into a cold sweat and very nauseated. I took 2 aspirin and my friend took me to the ER, by the time we got there the pain had subsided, but my blood pressure was 176/104. So, testing began and my bank account if sure to be emptied:

1. EKG came back normal, all lab test were normal, except I had a positive D Dimer and my potassium was "a little low (no value given).

2. I was taken to Radiology and had a CT Scan done. Results were normal: No pulmonary embolus, no aneurysum, no pericardial or pleural effusion. However, a 3.1 cm water density mass with peripheral calcification left adrenal was found as an abnormal finding. The impression by the radiologist was: Left adrenal mass with benign features consistent with pseudocysts.

3. On to ultrasound: Findings: The gallbladder and common bile duct normal. The liver echotexture is somewhat course suggesting possible chronic hepatic parenchymal disease. No masses seen. The right kidney is normal. Imaged potion of the pancreas are normal but this is incompletely visualized.

4. I was given a Lovenox shot and finally 3 hours of peace.

5. Stress test. I am assuming they first did an echocardiogram (the official name was not given to me, just that a small amount of dye was injected and a series of pictures that lasted for 15 minutes was taken of my heart) before the stress test. They put me on the treadmill and something really strange happened. As I began to walk my heart rate began to drop. After walking approximately 30 seconds my heart rate increased and my blood pressure dropped. By the time my heart rate hit the target rate my blood pressure had dropped to 104/42. Another set of pictures were then taken of my heart. Results: Cardiologists said my heart is in very good condition. No signs of any damage to the heart and I am one of the few people he has seen the blood pressure drop instead of increase, but it isn't anything to worry about. Do not ignore chest pain, if these symptoms reoccur seek medical attention. Follow up with PCP.

6. Potassium is now back in normal range. D Dimer is almost back to normal range (apparently lovenox helped).

Released from the hospital, return to normal activities and don't forget to follow up with your PCP. I ask for copies of all test results, hence the finding for test number 2.......no a doctor did not come in and talk to me. No lab results were in the huge stack of papers that were given to me....I will get them Monday. Official Diagnosis: Possible small blood clot that was cleared up and stress.....try to take it easy and find a way to relieve some of your stress.

Now I AM STRESSED thinking about ways to try and relieve my stress I didn't know I had. I am afraid to exercise much, because of the way my blood pressure dropped during the stress test. I am overweight, can't lose....believe me I had tried (doctors say I eat more than I think I do). I don't sleep ( doctors say I sleep more than I think I do). I am depressed (doctors want to put me on anxiety medication, but they make me feel worse). I have no desire to do anything that I used to enjoy doing (this has been going on for some time, thus the depression diagnosis). A few years ago I was told I have a small nodule on my thyroid and one side was slightly enlarged, but it is nothing to worry about. I have had thyroid panels run throughout the years and they always come back within normal range, but always very, very close to being out of normal range. I am at my wits end and I do not know where to turn. I am sick of feeling bad and being tired all of the time. I am sick of being depressed and feeling alone. I am sick of not being understood and made to feel like I am making up how bad I hurt all of the time. I am almost to the point of hating life.....I don't like the person I have become. Is all of this in my head?

Sorry for the rant.....

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Wapitilady
    alison352 (06-28-2014),MercyMe333 (08-23-2014),mrs4him (06-22-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2014, 03:29 PM   #2
    cathy87
    (female)

cathy87 HB User
    Re: SICK of not feeling good

Seriously check your thyroid....my sister is a new woman!!

Old 06-21-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
    mrs4him
    (female)

mrs4him HB User

Wapitilady

First of, I want to say how sorry I am that you are going through this! I really hope that you can find closure soon.
    Secondly, as far as your depression, anxiety and stress, I totally understand. I have been struggling with depression for a long while, I can understand where you are coming from. I have days (like today) where I feel so tired, all the time. I constantly feel fatigued and sad for no reason. I am not over weight, but I am borderline overweight in a test I took.
    You are definitely not alone in this, have you considered seeing a therapist? That's my plan! I even went and got blood tests done, because I always felt sick. Tests came back normal... Which was slightly discouraging to me because it made me feel like my doctor thought I was faking! Depression is a mental illness and it isn't our fault! So don't think that way.
    You don't need to do any exercise that is extreme! Walking helps just as much as running! As part of my mental health, I have to make sure I exercise especially during the week! My job consists of me sitting most of the time! It can get very boring and depressing, as I feel I am gaining weight.

I mean this in a nice way, but if you want a change in your life, change it! I know its sooo much easier said that done! But you'll be surprised what could happen, it doesn't hurt to try right? by your post, it sounds like you have tried many times. Don't give up! You are loved by many, I don't know you but I care about your health. We can help encourage each other to push on! Good luck hun, I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-21-2014 at 08:49 PM.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
    jc67
    (female)

jc67 HB User

Hello,
    Don't apologize for the rant. I wish I were there and I would give you a hug. I also want to say that you are very brave for enduring all those tests. It sounds like they didn't find anything serious and everything looks normal. That's not to say that you should be carefree. I would take it easy for a little while. I don't want to judge but I was in your place about 6 six years ago when I hit the lowest point in my life; I was served with divorce papers and I was devastated. Back then, suddenly my health really took a toll for the worst. I gained a lot of weight, my skin broke out. I wasn't focused at work. I had very low energy. I was depressing all the time. I would like to share with you what I did and how I got out of my depressing state. The first thing I did was to get my self-esteem back. To do that, I had to change my diet and incorporate exercise in my daily routine. After I had put on the weight, it was very difficult to shed them. Listen, I know it is hard. Especially, when you think no one cares and no one seems to be able to find out what is wrong with you to make you feel better once again. Life is good. You have a lot to live for. Take one day at a time. That is what I did. Be patient with yourself. If you are not getting the support you would like from your present group of friends, then get a new set of friends. There are people who care. I care, eventhough you don't even know me. Things will get better. Keep your chin up.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #5
    beamybea
    (female)

beamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB User

I hope you have started feeling a little better since your trials at the hospital. As you can tell by the responses you've gotten to your post....people care. I care!
    Life is so challenging and then we get health problems. You are not alone. Trust me on that.
    Medications help, but only so much. The best way I know how to get out if any if my low times or anxiety is to make a list of things I want ti get done. Prioritize and set small reachable goals. Then I do the best I can each day and as things get crossed of my list, the sense of accomplishment raises my spirits.
    It takes time. I am my hardest critic and judge myself too harshly.
    Self-love is a challenge also but it comes little by little.
    Check the community listings where you live. Find something that interests you and make a commitment to yourself to try to get involved. The human family needs you! Take care of yourself and then your story of healing and triumph over lifes challenges can inspire someone else. Best wishes, bea

Old 06-27-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
    nicky025
    (female)

nicky025 HB User

Yes thyroid could be the problem also get your blood sugar level checked.

The Following User Says Thank You to nicky025 For This Useful Post:
    Vanylla88 (07-01-2014)
    Old 06-27-2014, 06:26 AM   #7
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

No it is not in your head! Here are my suggestions: Your thyroid sounds like a problem, with previous nodule and chronic borderline hormone results, you are likely hypothyroid, possibly from autoimmune thyroid disease. This makes you TIRED and depressed both. So if you could get your labs from the hospital and post them, you would get some good feedback here. If you had a clot, it is imperative to find out why.
    A hematologist could do a thorough workup for disorders that predispose to clots so preventive measures can be taken in future. I would also wonder if you have sleep apnea, which causes daytime fatigue, weight gain and high blood pressure. The adrenal cyst is pretty large, and your adrenal hormones should be checked to see if you are low on Cortisol. These are simple blood tests that may or may not have been done in the hospital. Please get back to us when you have your labs and we'll try to help further.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #8
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I was also going to suggest getting your thyroid checked, and not just the TSH....you want a full thyroid panel including anti-bodies, and I see that ladybud just beat me to the punch.....I also suspect sleep apnea.....have you ever had a sleep study?
    Hang in there, you WILL get to the bottom of this and feel better.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
    Vanylla88
    (female)

Vanylla88 HB User

Sorry you are not feeling well. You didn't mention anything about your glucose level being checked. I also don't know what your BMI is but being "borderline" overweight or borderline anything, is good for you to know because it means you are ok but it's time for you to make some life changes. I know losing weight is not easy, but it's like telling a smoker it's bad to smoke and they need to quit. They can't and they won't, until they feel they are ready. Everyone on here could tell you what you need to do but you have to be proactive in your life. It's possible for every person on the planet to gain and/or lose weight. If something isn't working, try something else. Diet and exercise is much easier said than done, believe me I know.

The test results you listed are not subjective. They are the truth. If it was a blood clot you had, and you had the Lovenex, then I think you're not as bad off as you think. Everyone's stress and pain is unique to each individual though. Try some natural home therapies. Drink chamomile tea before you go to bed at night. Melatonin. Learn new breathing techniques, such as Tai Chi, Yoga, any kind of meditation and just take time for yourself. Good luck.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:02 AM   #10
    Wapitilady
    (female)

Wapitilady HB User

Thanks for the support. I did go today and get lab results from my doctor. My A1C was 6.0, so it was slightly elevated. I have posted other results on the thyroid board, but will put them here also........

I had a return visit to my PCP today to get my lab results. Gall Bladder function test normal: 70% ejection fraction.

Thyroid Panel:

TSH 1.120 (0.450-4.500)
    T4 8.1 (4.5-12.0)
    T3 Uptake 27 (24-39)
    Free Thyroxine 2.2 (1.2-4.9)

I was told that my Thyroid antibodies are slightly elevated, so I may have problems later. I asked for a copy of my labs and I did not think the antibodies were just "slightly" elevated.

Thyroglobulin, Antibody 174.1 (0.0-0.9)
    Thyroixne Binding Globulin 26 (13-39)
    Thyroid Peroxidase (TPO) Ab 7 (0-34)

I do have a small nodule on the thyroid and one side is slightly enlarged......or was the last time I had an ultrasound done. 11/2 years ago.

Do these results indicate a problem? My PCP has basically wrote me off as being fine, but I still feel like crap! A sleep study has been ordered, but they do not act like they really want to work with my sleep schedule and I will not sleep at all during the hours they want me to come in.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:19 PM   #11
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I would interpret your anti-thyroglobulin as being more than slightly elevated, and I think it is in the range of indicating Hashimoto's autoimmune thyroiditis. You will eventually become hypothyroid, and although you are euthyroid now (normal levels) the inflammation of the thyroid gland can make one feel tired and sluggish. Some Drs would treat you now for this, others wait until you are more in the hypothyroid range. The HbA1C elevation is not severe, but warrants working on with diet and weight loss if you are overweight at all. A dietician could help you with food choices that would help keep your blood sugars and HbA1C down. I would ask your PCP if he could recommend one to work with to prevent this from getting worse.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    Vanylla88 (07-01-2014)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    adrenal, fatigue, thyroid