It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Orthopedic Message Board

• SCFE - Injured Side Leg Longer

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
    sub780lime
    (male)

sub780lime HB User
    SCFE - Injured Side Leg Longer

We suspect my son has Slipped Capital Femoral Epiphysis. Our ortho peds appointment is next week, but based on the x-rays, that is the assumed diagnosis. The one odd thing that I can't seem to find confirmation on is the leg on the side that is injured is longer instead of shorter. Everything I read suggests it would now appear shorter.

Note, my son has never had any leg length discrepancies in the past. It doesn't mean one didn't developed, but he, up until 10 days ago, had a very normal gait, jumped up and down using both feet very evenly, etc. I only point this out to make the assumption that the length discrepancy is due to the injury and we wondered if a SCFE could slip forward instead of back and result in a the leg being longer on that side.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply