It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board

• the myths of osteoporosis...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-11-2004, 03:05 PM   #1
    eve_hmmkr

eve_hmmkr HB User
    the myths of osteoporosis...

Just read Gillian Sanson's THE MYTH OF OSTEOPOROSIS (What Every Woman Should Know About Creating Bone Health) - 2003 Edition. You will never touch ANY "medication"...

Sanson's website is worth checking out:

[url]http://www.gilliansanson.com/[/url]
    Reading all the mesages on this board, I realized that I must highlight some of the information in this book to help others decide to get a copy asap. It could greatly benefit most posters - and, stop them from worrying about their bone density! -if they too had a chance to read "The Myth of Osteoporosis". In this book the author provides positive steps women can take to create optimal bone health (via exercise and lifestyle changes)while correcting the many misconceptions surrounding osteoporosis, including:
    * the myth that osteoporosis is THE (deadly) cause of fractures in the elderly,
    * the myth that the diagnosis of osteoporosis as a measure of low bone density is accurate, valid and reliable,
    * the myth that osteoporosis can be safely prevented and treated with drugs,
    * the myth that taking drugs to increase bone density necessarily decreases the chances of fracture,
    * the myth that high calcium and dairy intake prevents osteoporosis....

As P. Douglas D.D. says in the Preface, "By exposing the myths..., Gill Sanson has set women free from vorrying about bone loss. She has provided them with invaluable knowledge to maintain their health..." ... she certainly set me free!

as I posted earlier...
    ...Recently, I was diagnosed with advanced osteoporosis, equivalent to that of an 80-90 year old woman. A devastating, traumatic experience (as served up for me by the doctors, technicans etc involved), considering that I live on the healthiest diet possible, do yoga every day, walk or run miles daily, bike upto 60 miles regularly during the summer and even lift some weight..
    I only took FOSAMAX for 6 days, when a protrusion began to develop on my left EYE! I stopped immediately. The doctor at the clinic wasn't much of a help, so I started looking for answers on my own. Sure enough, there were several similar complaints on the web, even on this board...
    Then I began searching relevant literature and bumped into Sanson's book that gave me all the answers to my worries...
    Try to get her book from your local library or bookstore, or order directly from
    Sanson's website: [url]http://www.gilliansanson.com/books.htm[/url]

Last edited by eve_hmmkr; 11-14-2004 at 08:09 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread