It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Osteoporosis Message Board

• 42 Year Old, 1 Boniva and SEVERE Joint Pain!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
    sandydune33
    (female)

sandydune33 HB User
    42 Year Old, 1 Boniva and SEVERE Joint Pain!

About 3 a.m. when attempting to roll over, and once again noticing the amount of pain in my joints, and I mean ALL of my joints, it dawned on me that maybe this is related to the the Boniva I took 3 weeks ago. I had been on Foxamax for a year prior to that, and had mild joint pain..

All this time I thought the joint pain was connected to the Arimidex, but I went off it for 2 weeks to see, and the pain did not go away. I did however go on Boniva, and I feel like I am 90. I wake up in the middle of the night, unable to turn over, limp to the bathroom, and whatever poisition my hands are in when I sleep, when I wake, they are sort of "locked" in that position. I cannot open or close them, cannot squeeze toothpaste onto a brush.....finally, last night, I realized, this is not normal.

Before this, I was a very athletic 42 year old. Worked out 5-6 days a week. I am simply blown away, that one pill, I took 3 weeks ago, could have impacted my body in this way, so much so, that I did not even consider it. Maybe it is a combined effect of the foxamax for a year, since I did have mild joint pain, but it is now severe. EVERY single joint hurts all the time, and is worst at night when I am sleeping. I decided to do some research on it this morning, and was surprised to see joint pain connected to Boniva.
    I am now hoping that this will go away if I do not take another one, as I have only had Boniva ONE TIME, 3 weeks ago, should not this pain be getting less bynow? ALso, I have for the first time, what I have found out is heartburn, I did not even know what it was until I described it to my friend.

I guess my choice will be to go off both Boniva and foxamax, which I MUST. I have Osteopenia, and after a year of Foxomax, it has not changed. I would rather deal with the pain later, than continue with this level of pain in my early 40's.
    While I am not glad so many others suffer from this, I am glad to know that I may have found the cause. By going off of Arimedex, and still having the joint pain, I know for sure what is causing it. Does it usually go away if you stop? Also, are there no other options for Ostepenia patients aside from these 2 drugs. Quality of life must be better than this, as the constant pain, especially as of the last two weeks, has to improve. Any suggestions?

Also, I had my overies removed at 40 due to breast cancer, prior to all of that, I had no bone issues. It has been the surgical removal of the overies, combined with the Arimidex that has put me in this position today. I am cancer free, but unfortunately, not pain free. There has to be something better, because I refuse to ever take these 2 drugs again.
    Thanks all...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2008, 03:59 AM   #2
    Canna
    (female)

Canna HB User
    Re: 42 Year Old, 1 Boniva and SEVERE Joint Pain!

It seems to be more and more people are finding out that they cannot tolerate the Osteo drugs. My mother in law just had to give them up as well because of the joint and muscle pain. Why don't you check out the natural strontium citrate supplement and give it a try.. you have nothing to lose after not increasing while using fosamax!!!! and your terrible side effects from Boniva

Closed Thread