It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Need oxycodone increased HELP

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
    sassycassiez
    (female)

sassycassiez HB User
    Need oxycodone increased HELP

Long story short, I have two autoimmune diseases and I have death with chronic pain for about two years now. My doctor has me on 20MG oxycodone one every 6 hours. For the last month or so i have been taking two pills three times a day. So 2/20mg 3 times a day.
    So when my doctor gives me 120 for a month it doesn't last and he know that I Have been using more for the unbearable pain. How do i Go about telling him that I can't keep staying at the dose he has prescribed because I am not getting any relief. I don't drink or do drugs and I have a bright future if I can keep my pain manageable. I am just concerned about what to say to my doctor without him thinking I am an abuser or him just prescribing the dose he has been prescribing that isn't working unless I double up.
    How would you go about this?

Also, what is the maximum amount of oxycodone one can take in a day I find that a lot of my nasty pain comes from breakthrough pain.

Last edited by sassycassiez; 11-02-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #2
    gramakittycat
    (female)

gramakittycat HB User
    Re: Need oxycodone increased HELP

Prepare a daily pain journal,when ,how severe,etc and show it to back up your need for an increase or change in meds.

Old 11-02-2015, 01:47 PM   #3
    sassycassiez
    (female)

sassycassiez HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gramakittycat View Post
    Prepare a daily pain journal,when ,how severe,etc and show it to back up your need for an increase or change in meds.
    Okay so my doctor prescribed MS Contin 60
    And then oxycodone 20mg twice a day for breakthrough pain. I have never been on MS Contin. What is this like?

Old 11-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #4
    n2braves
    (female)

n2braves HB Usern2braves HB User

Have been using MS Contin x2 with Percocet for BT for the last 3 years and it works great for me.

Now it does take time to build up to a steady level of med in your system so give it a little time before you decide it isn't working.

I have been off and on the MS Contin for the last 10 years and that is how it has worked for me.

Once I get the levels built up it is smooth sailing from there.

There are times I feel it doesn't last the full 12 hours and if that happens, I take a dose of my bt meds til it is time to take my next dose of the long acting. That doesn't happen very often.

Sure hope it works for you.

Cindy

Closed Thread

Tags
    oxycodone