It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• clonazepam drug screen false negatives

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-02-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
    pcrx58
    (male)

pcrx58 HB User
    clonazepam drug screen false negatives

I have had two false negative urine screens for Clonazepam. I take it for seizures.I also have AS which I take MS Contin for.I was forced to sign a pain management contract.I don't claim to be a genius but I don't under stand the reasoning behind this contract.If I wanted to sell my medication.I would save my first perscription for thirty days and replace it each month.Then I would take a pill two hours before I go to the Doctor just in case he does a drug screen.I also would have a thirty day supply so if he wanted to count my pills.I am amazed College educated Doctors can't see the uselessness of these drug screens.My Doctor told me I was Lying abut taking my Clonazepam and I must be selling them.He treated to take me off of them if I tested negative again.

I started researching.
    I found information from the NIDA National Institute On Drug Abuse. Lorazepam and Clonazepam produce false negatives in 40% of the population who are rapid metabolizers after prolonged use.They are notorious for not showing up in a urine screen or a Gas Chromatography Mass Spec.If they produce a false negative Doctors should run a Liquid Chromatography Tandem Mass Spec blood serum test.I thought it took a rational mind and an IQ above 70 to become a doctor.I also believed if my doctor wanted me to trust him that he had an obligation to show me the same respect.I was misguided.It is sad that the third leading cause of death in this nation is because of Doctor incompetence,but it is apparent.Remember this if you have this problem.Lord knows some Doctors aren't intelligent enough to read the addendum in the pain management contract's they use.

(http://www.med.umich.***/1info/FHP/practiceguides/pain/drugtesting.pdf (from a pain management contract designed by Michigan university).

Approved by Administrator

Last edited by mod85; 06-02-2016 at 05:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2016, 07:50 PM   #2
    Eva 14
    (female)

Eva 14 HB UserEva 14 HB User
    Re: clonazepam drug screen false negatives

Interesting. Thanks for posting the research that you did. I hadn't given this subject much thought, but then I know I've been lucky to never have a doctor who was so paranoid. I know the drug screens are imperfect. I didn't realize that clonazepam has such a high rate of false negatives.

My former pain doc had been practicing for 25 years before finally giving in to government pressure to do drug screens. My pain doc told me that he'd never prescribe meds to a patient whom he didn't trust, so he didn't find any value in doing drug tests.

The drug tests probably are pretty stupid, but it's just another thing that we as pain patients have to put up with. I don't know what I would do if I ever had a false negative or a false positive. I can't even imagine the turmoil of being accused of something that you didn't even do. So sorry that this happened to you.

Closed Thread

Tags
    drug test, false negatives, pain mangement