It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Tegaderm v. Bioclusive

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
    caribconsult
    (male)

caribconsult HB User
    Question Tegaderm v. Bioclusive

I have been using Tegaderm patch covers with PAR gel Fentanyl patches for several years with excellent results. My pharmacy recently switched me to the new silicon matrix style of patch, and the manufacturer recommends Bioclusive covers. IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE between Tegaderms and Bioclusives? Do the silicon matrix patches need different covers than the 'reservoir' style gel patches? I don't need advice on patches, please. Just the differences between Tegaderms and Bioclusive, please.

Last edited by caribconsult; 04-15-2017 at 10:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2017, 11:23 AM   #2
    backhurtz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User
    Re: Tegaderm v. Bioclusive

They are one and the same. Some companies call them bioclusive and tegaderm is the brand name.

The Following User Says Thank You to backhurtz For This Useful Post:
    caribconsult (04-17-2017)
    Old 04-17-2017, 08:56 AM   #3
    caribconsult
    (male)

caribconsult HB User

Thank you again for explaining this. I thought so, after reading the sort-of medical description for each; that they both are porous and breath, and I have used them very successfully with the PAR gel reservoir patches for years. My usually helpful KMart pharmacy switched me to the newer silicon matrix patch. They say use a Bioclusive. Those are not available locally. So I wondered if the Tegaderms were anything different, and they are one and the same, you say. BTW, the new patches are horrible and proved less than half the relieve of the previous PAR unit.
    Thanks so much for your input.

Old 04-17-2017, 04:45 PM   #4
    backhurtz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

backhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB Userbackhurtz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caribconsult View Post
    Thank you again for explaining this. I thought so, after reading the sort-of medical description for each; that they both are porous and breath, and I have used them very successfully with the PAR gel reservoir patches for years. My usually helpful KMart pharmacy switched me to the newer silicon matrix patch. They say use a Bioclusive. Those are not available locally. So I wondered if the Tegaderms were anything different, and they are one and the same, you say. BTW, the new patches are horrible and proved less than half the relieve of the previous PAR unit.
    Thanks so much for your input.
    I found the matrix patches far better, but we are all different. Different manufacturers also make the matrix patches, so ask your pharmacist about ordering a different manufacturers brand and you may find better delivery.

Closed Thread