It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

Swelling due to medications.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2017, 02:54 AM   #1
Birdie26
(female)

Birdie26 HB User
Swelling due to medications.

Hello, I have a question. I have chronic back pain, siatica and so on. I've been on morphine, percocet, flexeril, celebrex and others for almost 10 years now. Just revemtly I've noticed whenever I take pervocet my feet, ankles, and legs swell. They never have before. It's been the last year or so. Is this normal? Or something I should worry about? It is painful though. Not sure what to think. I'm most positive it's the percocet though. Cause when I'm not taking them there is no swelling.

The following user gives a hug of support to Birdie26:
tortoisegirl (11-11-2017)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2017, 12:15 PM   #2
tortoisegirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

tortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB Usertortoisegirl HB User
Re: Swelling due to medications.

I'd consult with your doctor and/or pharmacist. I haven't heard of that being a common potential side effect. Any chance you typically take the Percocet for increased pain due to increased activity, and it is the activity that is causing the swelling?

Reply Reply