It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Fibromyalgia - chronic Pain - Opiods - Narcotics

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-23-2019, 01:41 AM   #1
    Roni71
    (female)

Roni71 HB User
    Fibromyalgia - chronic Pain - Opiods - Narcotics

I wonder about the use of Opiod/Narcotic pain medications for treating Fibromyalgia.
    I depended on Opiods to deal with pain, before I did research and realized Narcotics are never meant for long term treatment except for end of life pain control or in the case of cancer patients.
    I was prescribed opiod pain relievers by a doctor who just didn’t take the time to work with me and help me find better solutions.
    I am nearly free of opiod pain meds, and use a variety of modalities to cope with fibromyalgia symptoms....including:
    Reiki, hypnosis, Accupuncture, Gentle Massage, Yoga, Meditation, Visualization, Water exercise, Ozone treatment, Pulse Electromagnetic Field Therapy, stretching, Tai Chi, Jin Shin Jyutsu, & Essential Oils (more for mood than medicinal)

I was on Lyrica, but I couldn’t afford nearly $500 per month. It’s been replaced with Neurontin (Gabapentin) for Fibromyalgia related nerve pain.

I am wondering about treating Fibromyalgia with Homeopathy.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-23-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2019, 08:14 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia - chronic Pain - Opiods - Narcotics

Hi there. Sounds like you are doing really well. Have you ever heard of or thought about LDN? It is short for Low Dose Naltrexone and lately is being prescribed for all kinds of neuopathic pain. I have MS and have been on it for nearly 10 years now. Its cheap, its amazing and my doctor was really very advanced when he first started me on it as it has only caught on in the US in the past year.,.

Do some of your own research and talk to your doctor- its very close to homeopathic as what it is is naturally occurring in your body and there are zero side effects known.

When I have gone off it (only twice in ten years due to needing surgery), I have noticed that my pain comes back tenfold.

MSNik

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    yayagirl (02-24-2019)
    Old 05-27-2020, 06:05 PM   #3
    KeepWalkingThru
    (female)

KeepWalkingThru HB User
    Re: Fibromyalgia - chronic Pain - Opiods - Narcotics

My doctor had me on Norco for a couple of years to help with my fibromyalgia pain. It was working well for me but then he suddenly took me off them, only cut me back one time and then they were gone. It was so hard for me because of course I went through withdrawals. I am on Lyrica right now because we met our deductible with our insurance but before that I had to take Neurontin, which didn't work as well for me. I don't like some of the side effects of the Lyrica but it does a good job controlling my leg and feet pain.

Reply Reply