It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Roxicodone

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-21-2020, 01:17 PM   #1
    rockhard100
    (male)

rockhard100 HB User
    Roxicodone

I was given roxicodone,which I took responsibly for over a decade. Around three years ago they saw fit to make 30 mg oxycodone,or dilaudid all but unavailable due to junkies becoming obsessed with injecting this. It worked fantastically for my chronic severe pain so I was able to continue working,albeit with a very large degree of discomfort. However I was able to continue to take care of myself Then they decided the 30mg dose was just too much for a person to be able to safely take without apparently becoming junkies. I know I NEVER once even considered such a heinous use for this very effective medicine however despite never being arrested admitted to a rehab or any other issues with the law, it was deemed I was too big a risk for this dose and I was put on 15mg's 4x per day. This was simply not enough to permit me to function in a safe effective manner and the pain was all consuming AND I was unable to function safely. If I took two at one time this permitted me to function however I ran out after only two weeks and was left in pain and in withdraw which is another issue altogether.I can't function in a safe manner without these pills and am unable to work which is embarrassing AND humiliating. I want to work hard but I do not want to function like a mentally challenged individual.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2020, 01:43 PM   #2
    momzworkin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

momzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB Usermomzworkin HB User
    Re: Roxicodone

I am so sorry you are going through this. It was a shock to many of us when the CDC issued new guidelines and our doctors had no choice but to follow them. They were being threatened, in many cases, that they could lose their license by "over subscribing" I can see this from both sides. It worked for you, then they reduced it. It made so many of us angry too - to feel like we are paying for someone else's crime when all we want is enough pain relief to get through our day.
    Are you using any other adjunct therapies? Non-narcotic medications like Celebrex or gabapentin, massages, water exercise (my personal life saver, even just walking in the water!) ice/heat packs? I have to use a combination of all of these to manage my pain.
    Last year I got a spinal cord stimulator - it has really helped with my pain also.
    What are they giving you narcotic medication for? Injury, surgery, accident?
    09/2011: re-tore shoulder in PT- lost 30% function in shoulder
    06/2013: diagnosed with failure of L2-L3-L4

Old 07-07-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
    rockhard100
    (male)

rockhard100 HB User
    Red face Re: Roxicodone

Accident,years of work. neuropathic pain. I have a sit down tub I use for heat treatment and also a 120 lb. dog I walk with every morning for 1 hour to get my blood flowing. I know that every morning my thigh is so filled with pain I MUST eat 2 15 mg oxys, plus a methadone tablet plus use topical cream and wait one hour just to be able to get out of my electric bed. I then walk my dog for one hour and come home to 40 minutes in my sit down tub with heat treatment.

My back,thigh and right leg are in constant pain with the lower back and right thigh by far the worse. I get epidurals and other treatments constantly and am going to tell my long time pain physician I no longer get any real help from the Oxycontin. If he can't do anything more I'm going to blow my head off!!!!!!

Reply Reply