It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Feeling so desperate

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-24-2020, 07:30 AM   #1
    comeonnow
    Veteran
    (female)

comeonnow HB User
    Feeling so desperate

I've had back issues at L5-S1 for about 10 years, had an SI ifuse fusion done which didn't help so ended up on a Fentanyl patch and oxycodone for breakthrough pain. Both have worked well for me for all these years and now it seems like they've quit working. Was to a spinal surgeon and he said there's nothing he can do for me. He was very cold about it. He sent me for physical therapy, which hasn't helped (it was to strengthen my core muscles). I did for a few weeks, but I keep getting worse. I was to two different hospital ERs, which didn't amount to much. They gave me a shot of some pain med, which I can't remember what it was, and it didn't do a thing. The one ER said I have a muscle spasm and to use heat on it, but geez, it's so hot here not. I tried it one day and could barely tolerate it.

I generally don't feel well at all. Didn't fall asleep at all last night and then lie in bed having to pee, go to toilet and have to try to force it out, go back to bed to try to sleep, get up having to pee after an hour or two because I can't sleep and this goes on like this all night.

My face feels numb and it also feels like it's vibrating/tingling, which bothers me. This contributes to keeping me awake. I try all sorts of positions to sleep in bed with no luck. Sleeping pills don't help and I think my heart was even skipping beats when I was using them. Besides, I guess they don't want me using them every night because they only prescribed 15 pills for 25 days.

I bought a TENS unit, which really don't help all that much. I don't know if I have a more major problem than something going on with my back or what. I feel a general malaise and really feel out of it. I haven't had much of an appetite either. I've been sitting probably more than I should, but I just don't feel up to doing anything.

I think I need cataract surgery, and I also had my upper teeth pulled the end of last year and had bones in the roof of my mouth broken because I was told that my mouth wouldn't hold a denture (I found out after the fact after I tried to wear the one that was made for me and it worked for awhile but then not after that). Of course, this is a major drawback to trying to eat. I used up my dental insurance for the year just having those bones broken and so now will have to wait until January to start the procedure all over again more or less. Here I paid for a temporary denture that is now worthless, I guess.

I don't know if these eye and teeth issues are causing me problems in other parts of my body, but I sure would like to know what's going on. I've been majorly depressed lately. I don't know where to turn and thought maybe someone on here could be of some help. I hope so much! Thank you for reading.

The following user gives a hug of support to comeonnow:
    Machaon (08-24-2020)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply