It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Suboxone- Taper off

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-09-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
    Pillar

Pillar HB User
    Question Suboxone- Taper off

I'm in the process of tapering off. They say it takes two years to adapt to a new routine such as a taper. I'm currently on the 8mg and I cut it into 8 slices and take only 1 slice a day. I've requested to a lower mg strip. I've requested to be switched to something that doesn't have that block in it, not because I want to take something and feel a buzz, but because I want to begin adjusting to those little aches and pains again, however my doctor says there's nothing aside from suboxone that he's comfortable putting me on. I didn't ask, but I do wonder why that is. I've been 100% straight for 7 years now and faithfully pass my monthly drug test that I consider to be my trophies. I've had surgery twice and successfully showed my discipline by taking my pain needs as prescribed and only for pain with leaving several left in the bottle and putting them right back down, however when my Dr said there isn't anything he's comfortable putting me on, I felt judged as if I wasn't trusted to behave without the block and if I was asking for something without the block then well of course it must be because I want to get high. (sarcasm).

my question- what's out there other than suboxone that will allow my body to start feeling the every day aches and pains of the body? I'm very close to being off of everything completely and that is my goal. Sub is a narcotic so to me, I'm not clean until I'm off. I would love some feed back. thank you for listening and Goodluck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply