It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Need advice on switching from regular opiates to methadone

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-05-2022, 09:52 PM   #1
    Po1son1vy

Po1son1vy HB User
    Need advice on switching from regular opiates to methadone

So I finally was able to switch off of the normal opiates I had been taking. My doses were as followed; 10 mg of oxycodone 10mg’s twice a day & 30 mg of morphine in the AM 15mg in the afternoon and then 30mg of morphine at nite. My doctor switched me to 10 mg of methadone 3x’s a day… I’m not going to lie I am having a hard time , TMI I had to go get no poop medicine… like desperately. I have been taking little pieces of my old meds throughout the day as well since my dr told me that it would be 3-5 days of an adjustment period. Unfortunately, I did not have the time that I should have had in the past with my dr…..unfortunately…..so I am kind of in a crap situation especially since I paid 400$s to have 5 min with this man… I know he would never mess me up on purpose but I want to be safe but not sick and suffering.. .. any advice will be greatly appreciated…to top it all off I am currently homeless with my 2 year old.. mood swings = my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2022, 07:48 AM   #2
    Po1son1vy

Po1son1vy HB User
    Need advice on switching from regular opiates to methadone

So after years of pain and suffering after having my daughter I finally had to leave the state I was at to come back to see my real pain management dr. He has always been nothing but a god send. I have been taking 10 mg oxycodone 2x’s per day and 30mg of morphine in the am 15mg in the afternoon and 30mg in the evening. I was switched over to 10mg of methadone 3x’s per day for my pain management in the hopes of having some sort of relief and functionality back in my life. I have been going through hell on earth since having my daughter. I want to do this right but yesterday I was disturbingly sick and I can’t have that right now… seeing as though I am homeless at the moment with my husband and my 2 year old daughter. I have been taking small pieces of my old medication while trying to do this switch. I have not been successful at finding out what the conversion is from that dose to the methadone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This will be day 3 of my switch. Please someone give me advice. I have a bone spur on my foot (signs) of an auto immune disease. My hands and feet feel like I have been rubbing them in broken glass. (New symptom as of a few weeks ago now) I have issues peeing since I had my daughter and went home with a catheter and had blood going down the tube. I peed blood for 3 weeks after that. I had a ct scan that I demanded for my stomach and everything else. I have a hernia where my c section scar is. A dent in my back that was not there before where the two epidurals that were not placed correctly were. Bone erosion on both knees. I have some pain that shoots down my leg and feels like I was hit with lightening and have had to use a crutch to hold most of my weight off of that leg… I could go on. Advice is needed bad. Please. All of the times I try and figure out a conversion I can’t… and find way too many different ones…. Advice please…

Old 01-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #3
    BrittleBones
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User
    Re: Need advice on switching from regular opiates to methadone

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. Dealing with chronic pain, perhaps some undiagnosed physical problems, homelessness and withdrawal all at the same time sounds like a living hell. This isn't the forum to discuss how to get resources to improve your living situation so I'll skip that part. But, I was wondering if you've tried Suboxone instead of tapering from your original opiates to methadone? I stopped oxycodone and started Suboxone nearly 15 months ago and it has been the answer for me.

Reply Reply