It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Neurontin side effects?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-11-2004, 05:55 PM   #1
    farmboy7
    Inactive

farmboy7 HB User
    Neurontin side effects?

I have been taking 1 Neurontin at night for 5 days now. Last night I took it about one hour before going to bed and felt very restless and a little disoriented. My back was hurting worse than usual but I don't think that was the main reaon I couldn't get to sleep. I kept on thinking I could hear the radio playing(entire songs) but it was off. Then I woke up in the middle of the night,very hot plus the other symptoms and my back still hurting. Felt really tired and stiil kinda weird this morning. The first night I took it I felt a little weird in the AM but it seemed to help my pain so I kept taking it. Now I'm not so sure.
    Anyone else get any of these side effects? Do they eventually go away?

Mahalo,
    farmboy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2004, 06:07 PM   #2
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Re: Neurontin side effects?

Hey farmboy, It dosn't sound like anything drastic to panic about. I would probably slow my titration down a bit to allow you to accomadate to the side effects. Instead of an increase every week, an increase every 10 days may make the transition easier.

Hope things ease up and it a med that has to reach an efective serm level to sustain relief. The initial relief from the first couple doses coul easily be confused with the sedative effects of this class of medication. MOst people do find up untill a specific point. I increased up to 15 hundred a day but at 1800 I was a moron and backed down and eventually off because It really wasn't the right med for me an the type of pain I had. Take care, Dave

Old 05-11-2004, 08:01 PM   #3
    farmboy7
    Inactive

farmboy7 HB User

Thanks Shoreline,
    For the quick response. I DID seem to have less pain the first couple days I started taking it but that ended quickly I did have to drive twice yesterday for a total of a little over an hour so that didn't help things. Plus the AC in the doc's office killed my back.( you know, when they move you from the waiting room to the exam room and you WAIT another 15 minutes!) I think tonite I will take it just before bed so I'm asleep before the effects start.

Hope it works or it will be discogram time soon.

farmboy

Old 05-14-2004, 04:29 PM   #4
    farmboy7
    Inactive

farmboy7 HB User

More confusion. I skipped the Neurontin two nights ago to see what happened and still had the same sleep problems. Then I figured maybe it was from the lidocaine patch which is also new for me. Yesterday I skipped the patch and slept pretty well and was OK when I got up too. So either it's the patch....or it could be cause I'm tapering off methadone.....or it could be the oxys....Or the Neurontin! That's the prob with taking so many diffferent things is you don't know which one is hurting or helping anymore.

farmboy

PS. I also may have figured out the music thing, it is probably a neighbor that is pretty far away but the sound seems to reverb into my bedroom just right....a couple days ago I heard opera(which they blast sometimes) and I knew I didn't dream that up

Shore,
    What did you mean you became a moron at high dose of Neurontin? Put you in a agressive mood or something or just incapable of functioning? Once when I had to take steroids I hated averybody I saw even if I didn't know them.

Closed Thread