It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Lidocaine patches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-21-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
    scotty12
    Veteran
    (male)

scotty12 HB User
    Lidocaine patches?

happy friday everyone,
    does anyone have experience with the lidocaine patch?i wake with severe pain in the morning (because i havent had any meds in 9+ hours,still on SA meds).my pain doc had stacks of samples when i was there yesterday,guess the rep was in recently.

i wonder if i try them maybe ill feel like a smaller truck ran over me when i wake.the pain is under control except for 12AM to 6AM when i dont have the meds to manage the pain.doc is adament about QID and wants me to stick to a SA med still.keeps trying to find ways to keep me asleep at night.currently using ambien on and off 10-20mg.sometimes i wake with w/d at 3am & if i sleep through the night i feel sooo bad in the morning.i know a long acting med would solve both problems but my doc feels there is still hope for me.

as far as the patches go (lidocaine not fenynyl) ive heard they are quite expensive but i think my max cost would only be $50 bucks to fill IF my insurance will cover it all..........................

hope everyone has a great low pain weekend..............scott

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2004, 11:03 PM   #2
    lover0f13

lover0f13 HB User
    Re: Lidocaine patches?

Scott,
    My Dr put me on lidocane patches last week. One patch can be left on for up to 18 hours at a time. They are doing wonders for me...I don't know how expensive they are as mine are covered by other insurance. I know your post was last year, but thought you might appreciate my post.
    Thanks,
    lover of 13

Old 05-28-2004, 05:10 AM   #3
    emu

emu HB User

Lidocaine patches can only be left on for 12hrs, then 12hrs off. They are VERY expensive if you have no insurance. They cost about $5.25 for each patch. I get 90 patches/month, I can use up to 3/day. I pay $5.00 co-pay and my insurance pays $497.00.

Old 05-28-2004, 07:57 AM   #4
    scotty12
    Veteran
    (male)

scotty12 HB User

thanks for the info,my doc doesnt think they will help much for bone on bone pain but offered me some samples to p/u ill give it a try......scoyy

Closed Thread