It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Toothache!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
    kim32

kim32 HB User
    Unhappy Toothache!!

Hi everyone I haven't been on here for awhile because of my pain that's in my mouth/jaw/ear area
    well I went to the ENT doctor and he said that my pain isn't caused by a sinus infection, he said that everything looks good (my sinus's) he asked me if I had allergies because he could tell just from looking at my ct scan (cool huh?)
    well my pain is caused by a darn toothache!!! :-(
    My tooth that's cracked is way in the back, well the pain is getting worse and I went to the dentist the other day and he said that it's indeed a toothache and that i would need a root canal done (he refused to pull it out, he said that he wants me to save it) I think it's just a way for him to get more money, but anyway now I finally know what is causing me my pain. The dentist guy said that I probably have an infection in that tooth and that the cavity is touching a nerve. Well all he did was give me novacaine and took an x-ray and gave me a prescription for antibotics (like I haven't been on enough of that for the past couple of months, UGH) then he told me to make an appointment to get a root canal done and then sent me home (this was this past Tuesday night) well yesterday my pain has gotton much worse, so I called up the dentist and the dentist guy actually answered the phone (I was shocked) and he told me to up the antibotic dosage and up the Ibuprofen and then he will try to get me in next week, so that means that I have to suffer thru the whole Memorial day weekend!! :-(
    Pain,Pain,Pain is all that I ever get in life, I have no quality of life anymore, since my nerve damage that i got from the gallbladder surgery 18 months ago and now this!! Now I have to go out and get a job just so I can pay this big dentist bill that I will have, because our insurance won't cover it. CALGON TAKE ME AWAY!
    haha sorry I just had to vent!! Kim
    P.S. even the ultram doesn't take away my toothache pain! well atleast it helps with my nerve pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2004, 05:51 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Toothache!!

Sorry to hear about the tooth,been there done that,Ouch!one thing that really helped ALOT, much better than even percocet,was just swishing listerine around in my mouth many times a day until I could get the root canal.listerine is mostly alcohol,and alcohol IS an anesthetic,so it will actully kind of numb the pain for at least a little while.Try it, it just might work.Its worth a shot any way.Hope things get better for ya soon.Marcia

Old 05-31-2004, 06:05 AM   #3
    Rick7799
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rick7799 HB User

I would find another dentists after this is taken care of. My dentists would have helped me that day, including doing a root canal. No sense being in pain for that length of time. Some doctors and dentists just don't care. Find another one, go in every 6 months for a cleaning, develop a relationship with him, and hopefully next time you will not have to endure this.

Old 06-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
    kim32

kim32 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Toothache!!

Well my husband told me to go and call up my "old" dentist, actually he's not very old. haha
    well the dentist who I'm seeing now, we have been seeing him for about a year because he was the "only" dentist around our area that would take our insurance, my husband and I aren't covered but our 2 daughters are, thank God.
    I liked my "old" dentist, we were seeing him for about 10 years and then all of a sudden he stopped taking our kind of insurance, so I was really bumbed out about that, especially since my daughters really liked him and he was there very first dentist who they saw.
    Well anyway since this dentist won't take me unless someone cancels there appointment which I think is hog wash, but anyway I called up my "old" dentist and he told me that since I want to have my tooth pulled out (not a root canal and a crown like the dentist wanted me to have done) he gave me a number to call to a oral surgeron and said that they would take my insurance and that my insurance would pay for EVERYTHING!! :-)
    so I called there and I got an appointment for this coming Friday morning at 8:00am. (central time) I asked her if they had nitrous oxide because I'm such a wimp when it comes to dentists. haha and she said that they do (this dentist that we see now doesn't have it, my "old" dentist does tho)
    well the oral surgerons office wants me to get the x-rays from the dentist and a referal from him stating which tooth is bothering me (how the "blank" should he know?? he has been telling me for the past 3 months that my pain is caused by a sinus infection, and I took numerous antibotics and had numerous tests, doctors, etc.. for nothing, UGH) ok I'm getting lost track here haha so when I called the dentist the receptionest (whom I have been calling/talking too asking her when I can get in) well she was really snotty on the phone and said that the dentist guy isn't in today and that he was in another town and that I should call him and tell him what I'm planning on doing, so she gave me the phone #, she told me to call at 1:00pm. because that's when he would be there, well I called there right after I hung up the phone with her, I wasn't going to wait until 1:00pm. plus I didnt feel like talking to him. haha the lady on the phone was really nice and told me that she would give him the message and that he would have everything ready for me to go and pick it up sometime tomorrow.
    WHEW now that's done and over with, but now I'm nervous going there tomorrow to pick up the x-rays and the referal, I told my husband that I got a feeling that he will call me and say "oh Kim I can get you in now to do that root canal you dont need to have it extracted". Well my minds made up. haha well would you go and pay $1,000 to have a root canal and a crown to where you can go somewhere to have it extracted for free? Now I just have to suffer until Friday, UGH! oh and get this I called up my primary doctor for a refill on my ultram well the pharmacy said that they haven't heard from him yet and that has been 2 days ago since i called it in. :-( I had some Duragesic patches left over from my other primary doctor who's gone for 6 months now well ofcourse it makes me really sick and it doesn't help with my toothache either. So here i sit, in toothache pain and have no ultram! SIGH!! well I hope this all can get posted because it is long I know. haha
    Kim

Old 06-02-2004, 11:37 AM   #5
    kim32

kim32 HB User

P.S. I think that I will just go back to my "old" dentist and have my daughters stay where there at now being that they take our insurance, being that I would have to pay for everything no matter which dentist who I go too.
    Plus my "old" dentist is way much compassionate then this dentist whom I'm seeing now.

Closed Thread