It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• oxycodone question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2004, 12:02 PM   #1
    atibbert
    Inactive

atibbert HB User
    oxycodone question

My doc has just put me on 5mg of oxycodone 5 times a day. Someone else is telling me that this does not exist in this pure form without tylenol in it. My doc told me this is percocet without the tylenol in it. I looked it up on the Walgreens website and it does not mention APAP. There is one on the list of drugs with APAP and one without. Can anyone clear this up for me. It says the manufacturer is ETHEX and it comes in 5mg, 30mg and 80mg extended release form.

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
    barteel

barteel HB User
    Re: oxycodone question

This post has been deleted.

Last edited by barteel; 12-28-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:02 PM   #3
    wirry1422
    Inactive

wirry1422 HB User
    Talking Re: oxycodone question

Yes, the previos poster is correct. Purdue Pharma, maker of oxycontin, makes the name brand immediate release oxyir (pure oxycodone, no apap) in 5mg strength capsules. Ethex makes a generic 5 mg pure oxycodone cap. The 5 mg cap is also made by a couple other companies as well. Roxicodone is made by aaipharma (used to be made by Roxane Labs, but they sold the rights to aaipharma, www.aaipharma.com) Roxicodone comes in 5 mg, 15 mg and 30 mg tablets, all of which are pure oxycodone, immediate release. Who ever told you that oxycodone only comes with apap is wrong. They were probably thinking of hydrocodone (used in Lortab and Vicodin) which DOES only come combined with APAP, Ibuprofen, or aspirin; NOT pure.

Old 11-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #4
    scotty12
    Veteran
    (male)

scotty12 HB User

wirry is correct.
    before,if you were rx'd oxycodone,only roxanne's roxicodone and the oxy ir were availible.now there are several generic oxycodone products without the tylenol.

i used to take generic percs which were labeled oxycodone,and they did have the apap,maybe amy read a post where someone was referring to generic oxycodone w/apap.

but amy,you mentioned the extended release products from ethex,those are generic oxycontin,not oxycodone(SA).ethex only makes a 5mg oxycodone pill.
    scotty

Old 11-17-2004, 01:40 PM   #5
    atibbert
    Inactive

atibbert HB User

Thanks for your replies. This person on another board kept insisting that there was no such thing as oxycodone 5mg without APAP. Obviously she was wrong.

Amy

Old 11-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #6
    scotty12
    Veteran
    (male)

scotty12 HB User

they are mistaken amy.you can find all info about name brand and generics at the fda web site www.fda.gov

Old 11-20-2004, 01:48 AM   #7
    ARANGER
    Veteran
    (male)

ARANGER HB User

I agree with the other post's. I currently take Oxycodone 5mg. It is made by Mallinckrodt, these are pill forms. There is no Tylenol in it. I have also taken Oxycodone made my Ethex. They are little capsules. Another good place to find out info about individual drugs is to look at the Pharmaceutical site (Mallinckrodt, Watson, etc,) They will tell you exactly what drugs that make and what is in each one.

Closed Thread