It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Pain from nerve damage-big change seemingly overnight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2005, 12:09 AM   #1
    wfc33

wfc33 HB User
    Pain from nerve damage-big change seemingly overnight

Is it possible to notice a permanent difference in nerve damage pain from one day to the next? Today has been really bad, my legs were hurting all day, even after taking my morning and evening dose of meds.This morning, just walking around seemed to hurt, which usually after I take the morning dose, I usually feel all right through the day unless I have to do a ot of walking but today it was really bad so I limited my activity. Same thing this evening although it let up for a little while but it started up again and I have already taken more BT than I like to ( same as last month, I sure am using them fast).

It's been a while since my regular dose has been increased, but I don't recall it happening this way. Maybe I'm just more aware of the pain;it's hard not to when you are acheing a lot.But it worries me because if I had walked a lot today it would probably be a lot worse. I'm very grateful I have the BT meds, but at the rate I'm using them, there's no way they'll last until next month. It's such a vicious cycle, isn't it?

Hope everyone is getting by.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2005, 02:42 AM   #2
    flytyingal
    (female)

flytyingal HB User
    Re: Pain from nerve damage-big change seemingly overnight

I hope your feeling better. In answer to your question about nerve pain I have days where I can cope and then for no apparent reason, the next day I can't get my head off the pillow. My pain is from a 2 level cervical fusion with titanium plate and cadaver bone. This had been my 2nd surgery. While your pain affects you ability to walk, mine literally affects my ability to think. Repetative motion also triggers an increase in pain. Unfortunately, I am searching for a PM dr., for relief. I find if my muscle inflammation/nerve pain go hand in hand. Meaning, if the muscles are strained the nerve pain is even more debilitating, as I think the muscles are spasmed (constantly) and therefore, are pinching the nerves. I wish you the best of days ahead. Candi

Old 01-12-2005, 07:49 AM   #3
    Streetcar
    (male)

Streetcar HB User

Hey wfc33,

There are so many things that effect our pain levels that we usually don't even think about them. Windy, rainy, snowy, all of the weather changes can vary our pain levels as well as any other inflamation such as a cold, sore throat or an infected cut. If you are continually having to use up all your BT meds before the end of the month, it's probably time for an increase in your base meds. Good luck and keep us posted!

Ken
    Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, IBS-C, Esophageal Spasms

Old 01-12-2005, 10:18 AM   #4
    GlenS
    (male)

GlenS HB User

My pain is from periperal neuropathy caused by unknown reasons. The pain seems to come and go in cycles. I have times where the pain is bearly there and then for no apparent reason a day later it is all I can do to put weight on my feet. Last week, monday through bedtime thursday I felt fantastic. Hardly any pain. Then when I woke up friday morning it was raging at about a level 9. It seems to be toning down a little yesterday and today. I have never norrowed down anything that makes it better or worse. When it goes away I feel fantastic. When it flares up I can hardle stand it. I end up taking two Advil, two Tylenol, two Alieve and an additional prescription pill before the edge is knocked off. I'm afraid what the Advil, Tylenol and Alieve are doing to me. If it weren't for the needs of my family I would have tried to get a medical retirement years ago. It definately affects my work. But thank God I have an understanding empolyer.

Closed Thread