It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• I Put My Socks On This Morning

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2005, 08:56 AM   #1
    tkgoodspirit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User
    I Put My Socks On This Morning

I put my own socks on this morning! I wanted to share with you all and hopefully provide a little humour to your day. As some of you know, I have lower back issues, and of course the worst time for my back is in the morning. When I wake up in the morning no matter how sleepy I am I have to get up cuz the back hurts so bad, I think for one reason is that I am sleeping on a memory foam bed and we all know it reacts to body heat to form to your body's shape, well since I don't move so much when I sleep (cuz I can't!) I've built up a little "cup" where my back is and I just have to get up to allow the memory foam to reform itself. Anyhoo, for me, socks and shoes with ties are the worst, even more so than putting on your pants!

So this morning I went to grab my pink flamingo socks, one of my favorites, and I tried sitting on the edge of the bed and bringing my leg up so I could reach my foot and put on my socks like a normal person. Nooooo....THAT wasn't going to cut it. I ended up scooching back up onto the bed ( I have a very high bed since it has a deep matteress as well as a feathter bed, and a memory foam on top of THAT! So after scooching up on to my back, I pulled my foot towards my thigh, and ran my foot down my thigh looking somewhat like I was attempting the Lotus position in Yoga (only I was lying on my back with my feet stuck straight up in the air!). I FINALLY got the sock over my toes and on my foot! After doing that with the other foot which was easier cuz for some reason one leg is harder to manipulate than the other.

So I wanted to share the process of putting my socks on this morning with you. And I know a lot of you out there are nodding your heads relating to my silly story, and knowing that something that simple is most times very difficlult to achieve, and others of you are out there thinking, what is this woman wasting space on the board for!

I hope I made a few of you smile anyway.

Hugs,
    tk

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
    Streetcar
    (male)

Streetcar HB User
    Re: I Put My Socks On This Morning

Hey tk!

Thanks for sharing your acheivement, Hooray! It's the little things of everyday living that we can no longer do (at least w/o pain) that causes so much of the depression that CPers all share. It's those small things that others can't understand that makes our lives "special"!

Anyway, GOD bless and thanks for the chuckle!

Ken
    Peripheral Neuropathy, Chronic Pain, IBS-C, Esophageal Spasms

Old 02-17-2005, 10:11 AM   #3
    twisten
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twisten HB User

I can picture you laying on your back with legs high in the air....roflmao. Thanks TK.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #4
    scotty12
    Veteran
    (male)

scotty12 HB User

TK
    i also find the mornings unbearable.without a doubt the pain is worst upon waking.
    even if i were to wake say at 4 am and take my pain meds,get back to sleep and wake up even an hour or 2 later the pain is still just as bad.
    not a nice way to start each day

one thing that has helped is Soma,which i take late at night.i find the morning pain to be alittle better.

i havent slept past 6am in many many months......

so as far as putting socks on in the morning,i also do it with a few yelps of pain.
    scotty

Old 02-17-2005, 02:38 PM   #5
    Kay14
    Inactive
    (female)

Kay14 HB User

I have an L4-5 and L5-S1 problem along with coccydynia with the pain radiating to the center of my right buttock and hip. PANTYHOSE, OH HOW MISS PANTYHOSE. The pain of wiggling in to them has just become too much!
    Amy

Old 02-17-2005, 03:31 PM   #6
    tkgoodspirit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amy0104
    I have an L4-5 and L5-S1 problem along with coccydynia with the pain radiating to the center of my right buttock and hip. PANTYHOSE, OH HOW MISS PANTYHOSE. The pain of wiggling in to them has just become too much!
    Amy

OOOOO..I know what you mean sista! I decided to be "fashionable" a couple weeks ago and wore a pair of tights. OMG, I nearly sweated out a bucket before I finally got them on. If someone was videotaping me, I would have won 1st prize on America's Funniest Home Videos.

And I have the same back problems you do execpt throw in L-3 and bursitis in my right hip!

I liked your post!

tk

Old 02-18-2005, 04:40 PM   #7
    kellyp

kellyp HB User

Thanks for the smile. I hope you had a great day in your "pink flamingos".
    Kelly

Closed Thread