It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Stolen meds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #1
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Stolen meds

Well, It finally hapepend to me. I'll try to make it short. My next door neighbor hurt his back in November, He's been to several surgeons and Pm docs, He's presently taking percocet for pain but always asking if I had something stronger. At first I told him all my meds were given through the pump and I had no orals. As thing went on over the months and he hopped from doc after doc trying to find an answer I started talking to him more and developed trust and let it slip about other meds and what I used for BT, 30 mg Roxicodone.

Anyway, His phone has been cut off for awhile without the income, yada yada and he was here using mine when it was time to head over to MIL to have dinner with my wifes sister who is in town. He knew I was leaving, even asked what time I would be back. I didn't think much of it, assuming he was asking how long I could stand to be at my MIL's, he knows we don't get along.

This was at 6pm, his wife and 3 kids were home I locked the house, deadbolted the back door but not the front. I've locked my myself out of the front and all it takes is a drivers licence to get back in. I forgot to lock the deadbolt and we got home about 8:30. About 10 minutes later I hear my neighbor leave, didn't think much of it.

I was getting ready for bed about 11pm and had just filled my monthly planner with the roxi that day when I picked up the script. I had shoved it under my coffee table when he knoced but when I went in the room I could see the edge of the clear plastic planner so he could see it too, sitting on my couch using my phone. Knowing he's in pain and the number of times he's asked for meds, I wouldn't leave him alone in the room with my meds. But didn't think about security with his family home right next door and being back before dark.

As I was getting ready for bed I pulled the planner out from under the table and about choked. Someone had gone through the 28 compartments and taken 3 roxi out of very one. He was kind enough to leave me one pill a day for the month, he didn't take the 4 Soma or klonopin in each compartment, didn't go upstairs and take wifes meds which he doesn't know about and nothing else was missing.

I went right next stoor, beat on the door and his wife answered, I asked where hubby was, She said he left 3 hours ago in their only car, took the cell phone, their only comunication but said he would be back in 10 minutes. That was 3 hours ago, he weas to be back in 10 minutes.

I told her what occured and then told her what the meds would be worth on the street. She's freaking, said he has a crack problem and probably took them for the money. She walked a few doors down the other way and knocked on that neighbors door. She talked to the lady that lived there. She hadn't seen him since 8:00 when he came by stinking drunk and asked if her husband was home because he had some killer pain pills he wantd to get rid off. She told him he's not interested and closed the door.

Come to find out, my new neighbor "lived there about 8 months" has been through rehab 6 times in 8 years for everything under the sun. Was drunk as a skunk , he's missing, my pills are missing so I called the cell phone and left a little mesage for him. About 2am, I here 2 car doors slam and go outside, and his wife came out and said someone followed him and picked him up after he dropped the car off with the keys in the ignition and left the cell phone in the seat.

She's going nuts, I just want my meds back and about 3 am he calls crying from a phone booth and denies everything but hasn't been home since, Today is thursday, he's MIA, I have one pill a day for the month but I did call the police the next day because I didn't want him getting cought with them and trying to get out of it by saying I gave or sold them to him. They fingerprinted my planner, lifted a few prints and I'm waiting for a detective from burglary to come by.

As sure as I am and his wife is that he did it, unless he left prints, I can't prove it.He could even say I showed him the box and justify his prints being on it. But who would pick through the box, leave me one pill a day, leave soma and klonopin and take nothing else, now jewlry, no other meds, nothing else was missing. His wife doesn't think he's coming back, apearently she told him last week she wants to seperate. I didn't know that or I would have at least been aware he was in a deperate state and why he was drinking again.

So I'm SOL, I signed a contract to keep my meds safe and that no lost or stolen meds would be replaced, so I'm not going to even ask.I know they have heard the were lost or stolen a thousand times. I can suck it up for the next 28 days and I won't die.

This guys addiction is so sick, he traded his wife and kids for 74 roxicodone or however much crack you can get for them. He also has a capius out on him for failure to appear in trafic court where he was given 15 days for wreckless driving. I haven't slept in a few days, staying up and listenting because I want to wring his neck. His wife hasn't seen or heard frm him since and she thinks he won't be back. She's already been down this road 6 times in 8 years with him.

I've done so much for them, as far as watching kids, using my phone as a contact for his docs and apts, driven him to most of his apts and this is how I'm repaid. So it comes down to you don't know anyone and what they are capable of, but you can certainly pay a price for trusting people and thinking locking your house and putting meds out of easy sight is safe enough.

This could get worse if it gets to my doc that i didn't have my meds secured,or he OD's or someone he sells them too OD's. They don't play at my clinic, 0 tolerance for anything. They don't call in any meds because they have already been burned, already do pill counts and date checks on refills and UA's.S I may end up even more screwed than now.

The moral is, protect your meds, don't tell anyone anything and it amazes me that his famly is so disposable. He's probably half way back to Pittsburg by now and I'm still waiting on the detective. It would have been nice to see him cought but I doubt I'll see that. Without direct proof, I don't have a case for the police to take to the DA, dispite the overwhelming circumstantial evidence. If he didn't do it, why hasn't he come home? Who would leave the stuff that doesn't have a high street value? He has no money for drugs, his inlaws just turned their electricity back on for him.But stealing from someone that's done nothing but help and do right by him is an option.

I just love drug addicts. It's like it's their job to pull as many people down the hole with them as possible and you can't help them.
    Later, Dave

Last edited by Shoreline; 06-16-2005 at 06:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2005, 02:47 PM   #2
    Josie115
    Inactive

Josie115 HB User
    Re: Stolen meds

Hey Dave...I am so sorry to hear you got screwed like that. I've had it happen twice. Both times I was stupid. The first time, I had a friend down visiting and left him at home one of the days he was here while I was at work. I KNEW he'd had drug problems and thought if I hid my vicodans in a good place, I'd be ok. He left to go north and I went and dug the bottle out and sure enough, he took half of them (50 or so). My next incident is even worse. I ran into an old friend who I hadn't seen in years at my doctor's office. He sees one of the docs there. We chatted..he offered to get me a new blood sugar meter since his brother gives them away as a rep for the diabetes foundation. I offered to donate to a charity he's on the board of..a rehab place for men. He came by, we sat a talked for a few hours. He was having bad back pain..I actually had my pills out earlier filling up my weekly planner..Needless to say..he took some when I was in the kitchen getting him something to drink. He had told me he'd kicked a bad habit and how rough it was not being able to take anything and that he'd been clean for 3 years. Yeah. The worst part of all of this was he told his doc I gave them to him. I go for a check up..(diabetic etc.) and she, my doc sits me down and asks me why I would give someone drugs. I was shocked. First, that this guy did that, and secondly believing a drug addict (apparently he was'nt clean 3 yrs. more like in and out of rehab). She made me do a drug test to make sure what she'd prescribed was in my system. Of course it was but it still irked me that she would even think I'd do something like that. I take exactly as prescribed..never refill before it's time and have always been a responsible patient. I think she realized at some point that maybe my word over a druggie might be more accurate. I told her they had been sitting there..he'd popped in and I never questioned that he'd do it. So, I try to make sure that no one knows I have them, I hide them, and never, never, ever give anyone a pill for their aches and pains. I thought this guy was a friend.. it just about ruined a trusted patient doc relationship. I sure hope you can get by without your meds. I hope you have a chance to get your hands around this guys neck..I know what I'd do if I ever run into my former friend. It wouldn't be pretty.

Old 05-19-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
    tkgoodspirit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tkgoodspirit HB Usertkgoodspirit HB User

God Dave!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. That truly sucks! I hope that you don't suffer too much without your b/t meds, I know how important they can be to just get you from one day to the next when your pain is spiking. And I agree, I hope none of this comes back to bite you regarding your PM clinic. Hopefully that detective will confirm this guy's fingerprints on your planner. At least that would be one thing that could help CYA. I understand that even with that proof, how your PM clinic would refer to their policy of "not responsible for lost or stolen meds" and keeping your meds out of plain view of others. I hope it doesn't come to that. I doubt it will, but since it didn't happen to me, that's easy for me to say.

I can relate to your neighbors. I think I have their "cousins" living right next to me! Their little girl will come over if I'm in my front yard and keep me company some times, and she asked me about being "sick" one time when we were playing "Jarts" (remember those things?) and I just told her that I didn't feel good most of the time. Her mother is something else, the whole family is! The mother moved next door about a year and a half after we bought our property, cleared it and put the house on it. She went through more men than a hooker in New Orleans! (no offense to New Orleans! I love it there actually!) Her kids have been taken from her, back and forth back and forth. I've helped her out by cutting her grass with my riding lawn mower a few times, back when I could ride it! Then she married a "mad man", who yelled and screamed all the time. Many a night we heard them arguing, and one night this "mad man" even beat up one of our neighbors because he thought the guy was "showing his stuff" to his wife! The poor man was beaten to a pulp, he knocks on our door and I call 911. We live in a rural neighborhood, so it takes some time for anyone to get out here. We've witnessed the "mad man" getting cuffed and carted off more than once. We also heard him screaming one night at his wife "Honest honey, I love you, it's not just the Crystal Meth talking either!" I was like "HUH?" YIKES! Anyway, they separated, finally, thank GOD! and we were watching the news last month and the "mad man's" picture flashed across the screen. Come to find out, this guy was murdered. Someone waited outside his home, and when he got up that morning, he passed infront of a window and was shot with a high powered scope rifle! Later on, it was discovered that he was shot by two guys supposedly over a disagreement regarding a stolen TV set! Can you imagine!

So, yeah, I worry about this nutty woman breaking into the house and stealing my meds, plus anything else she can cart out the door. Luckily I have 3 dogs in the house and they bark at the drop of a dime, but all she would need is a dog bisquit and they'd be her best friends! My husband let her in the kitchen once after Hurricane Ivan, to use the phone, cuz we had a land line phone just for that reason, no electricity, no cordless phones! All this woman has is a cordless, when the bills been paid. I scolded my husband and said not to ever ever let her in the house, I don't want her seeing anything we own! He told me she needed the phone, I told him that the phone had an extra long cord and that it would reach out the kitchen door! So, I understand your worries. I would be like you, afraid to tell my PM doc for the very same reasons. It's hard to explain missing narcotics nowadays, for sure. No matter what the situation, I believe that even tho the meds were stolen from you, you'd still be scrutinized. Shame.

I've even hidden my meds, and will continue to, whenever my son visits me. He has been addicted to Cocaine and gone through rehab, so I don't even trust my own son. When I went to see him in Texas over Christmas time, he had been dx'd with FM (like his mom) and he also had something wrong with his back, and he DID ask me for some Percocet while I was there. Ain't that something? People find out you have narcotics and you automatically become a "candy dispensor"!

Have you called the detective back? It shouldn't take them long to match the prints if that guy has warrents and a record. His prints should be in CODUS. Well, keep on that detective 'til you get an answer. Make him do his job.

Good luck my friend, and I'm sorry this had to happen to such a nice man,
    tk

Oh, Dave, I have a question for you about some disturbing information a Neurologist gave me that I will post in a new thread, but not now, as I know you have your hands full. I just wanted to give you a "heads up" that I am once again seeking your expertise!

Last edited by tkgoodspirit; 05-19-2005 at 03:11 PM.

Old 05-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #4
    sherry47
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sherry47 HB User

Dear Dave,

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I am on the same BT med as you but I get mine in concentrated liquid. I used to get the already mixed stuff in liquid. I am like you, I will not call my doc for early meds no matter what happens. When I was on the premixed stuff I had a whole bottle get spilled. I was only getting 3 bottles at the time so it made a big difference. My doc did find out about it though. My husband spilled the beans so to speak. My doc said if I had called he would have fixed it for me. The reason being that he has been my doc for the last 8 years and he trusted me. That's why I would rather suffer than call. I don't want to give him any reason to not trust me.

I really do feel for you. I will be praying for God to help you through this. Even though we take precautions like we do the odds are that we are going to end up getting meds stolen or something else during our treatment. I had to tell my children to stop telling people what medicines I was taking. They didn't understand that people would break into our home to get their hands on these meds. Shore, I'm truly sorry this happened and I hope you don't suffer any reprocutions from your PM clinic. I know you have said they are extremely strict. I wish there was something I could do or say to make things better for you. I know what it's like to try to stretch meds till the end of the month. It's not any fun. It's just not fair that this happened to you of all people. You are always here helping others with all your knowledge. It just goes to show you that it can happen to any of us at any time. Again, I do think you are right to not call and ask for more meds to replace them. I know there are some people out here that will say that is not the best way to go but it's the way I feel. It takes a long time to build a relationship with a doctor and once developed we don't want to do any thing to jeopordize it.

This has made me think more seriously about the way I store my meds. I need to lock them up. My six year old has poured out a couple bottles of my meds. He is in this kick of pouring things out. I use a lot of liquid meds so I need to be more careful. I think I will buy a safe deposit box this weekend. I think any of us out here who already don't lock up our meds should take this as incentive to do so.

Take care,
    God Bless,
    Sherry

Old 05-19-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
    tkgoodspirit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey Sherry,

I have actually read some posts from a few members who keep their meds in a small safe. So you brought attention to a good idea! I think even one of those "fireboxes" that you put your important papers in would probably work well. Most of them have combinations like safes do.

My luck would be I'd forget where I put the combination, cuz I surely know I'd NEVER remember it, and I'd be at the dern thing with a blow torch trying to get my medications out!

Good to bring that up tho, Sherry! Bravo for you.

tk

Old 05-19-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
    scotty12
    Veteran
    (male)

scotty12 HB User

Dave,

That relly sucks.
    i also put 1/2 my meds away in a safe after a refill.

sorry to hear what happened.hang in there a month.good luck and feel well.

atleast the winter is over which should help some.

scotty

Old 05-19-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Hey TK and all, An addict wouldn't have any problem breaking out a blow torch and it would be what they look for, like a box of cracker jacks with a prize inside once they get it open. If you thought of it, someone else has done it. I own two and think it's the first plavce to look and easy to shake to and hear the rattling of pills, I guess we can baffle our pils. :rollyeyes:, untill my 11 year old daughter or friends of hers are an issue I think it's the first place to look and a way to loose everything in one fell swoop. But hopefully our neighbors aren't desperate addicts waiting for you to leave the house so they can pop in. Is that a despeate act of an addict or expected if you really know the truth? It's pretty freaky and If I leave the house, everything leaves with me in a duffle bag right now.

Unfortuantley I am hurting right now, It's 1am and I can get comfy, I could take one of my furture days pill and really pay that day?

My daughter had softball practice and it's something I've been able to do as far as help with the team, with throwing and catching, but it keeps me on my feet and pretty sweaty. Most parents just drop there kids off like the coach is some free babysitter for 3 hours. He isn't getting paid and I was the only one there so I satyed. Ughhh

I talked to my neighbors wife tonight and my suspect sis still MIA. He's a chef when he has it together and brought 2 of his "buddies" down from PA and gave them jobs where he was working, turns out one is his herion connection, the other crack. There just expanding their market. Appearently heroin is much cheaper in Pittsburg than here. I have a lot I'm gong to talk to the detective about when he shows up. This happened monday night and a patrolman took a repor tuesday am, waited for the finger print guy and the Fingerprint guy said a detective from roberry or drug enforcement will be out in 2-3 days. Hopefully tomorow. I'm tired of cleaning my house for the police.

Life just gets more and more interesting. This isn't new or shocking, I've been around and seen too much. We have had 3 meth lab busts this week and meth is uncommon here but evrything else I can think of is available. It would take a few calls but it is scary how easy it is to get pain meds, There expensive but I know I can get OxyC, MSC, percs, hydro. I can't pay 5-20 bucks a pill and a 5 dollar vicodin wouldn't do squat so it's not really tempting.LOL But obviously it's not that uncommon for folks to doc shop for profit and even use Medicaid to pay for it all.

My friends brother that OD last year was on medicaid, but medicaid never interviened and payed for all the doc shopping and the scrpts, you would think someone would catch it.

I won't go through withdrawal or anything even close, from skipping BTmeds but simply not having them to take when I hurt and having to decide if it might be worse later really sucks. It will be a long month.

I have a great relationship with all the docs at my clinic but would never ask them to bend the rules for me. I even bring in my own calcultaions on the pump and they use them. I just base it on what the old settings were and how I wanted say a .3 mg increase spread out over 24 hours. You calculate the hourly rate and just do the math. I guess I'm the only one doing their own math, But I figure I'm the only one that knows what .193 mgs of Dilaudid per hour actually feels like and they trust my judgement and calculations. I don't want to jeopardize that level of trust.

I guess the sad thing is, somthing like this isn't shocking. Small towns , cities, wherever, and there are drug problems. Someone on TV referred to our new generation of adults as Generation RX. Why take the car when you can fly first class or simply take a pill to feeel better, loose weight, have more energy, be better in bed, sleep when you want, relax when you get home, there is a pill for all hours of the day.
    Tired when you haven't slept, get DX with adult ADD and start your day with amphetanmines, "it's on TV so it must be safe", cant sleep because of amphetamines so take a sleeping pill. Amphetamnes cause teeth clienching and muscle tightness so take pain meds and muscle relaxers, can't perform from all the meds you took, take Viagra, but keep the nitro handy. I could do a Dennis Miller rant on the subject right now but along with this age of information, computers and technology, the idea that if it's available I should have it is very pervasive. I read a post elsewhere where someone felt their doc refusing them meds was breakng his constitutional right to pursue happiness via pain relief.

I'm actually glad I had the pump intalled and even considerd the future of pain managent and the posibility of things doing a big 180 back to where it's not available for anyone,
    *Coments are not neccesiarrly the veiw of the poster*

Have a good night. I'll keep you posted if they got his fingerprint and things get more interesting and check that other post in the morning
    Take care, Dave

Old 05-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #8
    twisten
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twisten HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Stolen meds

Dave I'm so sorry to hear of your latest problem. The world seems to be changing into one where we can't trust anyone anymore. I think that is so very sad. What is a relationship, any relationship, without trust?? To me it seems that if someone broke into your house and stole your meds and you have proof and filed a report with the police that the doctors should be able to help you out. If someone can get into our houses they can probably get into anything our pills are in. You kept your meds as safe as you could. I know, I know, thats the rules. I just hate to see you suffer now because of your so called neighbour. Good luck and I hope the police get prints and find him and he does some time for his crime.

Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 AM   #9
    erfan
    (male)

erfan HB User

What a lousy thing to happen! My BT med is also Roxi 30mg, so I can imagine what this feels like to you. IK hope that some how you get a chance to avenge this.

Alan

Old 05-20-2005, 07:12 AM   #10
    Drewtn
    (female)

Drewtn HB User

Man that just totally sucks!!! Our Pain Clinic states that they wonít give more meds if they are stolen. They also add that it is case by case IF they even considered it. I guess I can see both ends of it but I would probably tell my doc. I would hate for it to come up another way and not have informed them. You had them locked in your house. I totally understand not wanting to tell them too. That is really hard.

For Christmas my parents bought me a digital safe. It is bolted to the wall (into the studs) from the inside. I am so much happier and feel much more comfortable knowing they would have to go through a hell of a lot of work to get it out or open. I used to worry all the time.

I think you can get small ones on sale for $40 or so. It is worth the investment if possible. My ex stopped by my house for a few minutes one night and I really had to go to the bathroom. I didnít want to but I knew my pain meds were locked up. I found out the next day that he had come to some friends trying to sell all kinds of pills that he didnít know what they were. I guess he stole some of my older anti-depressants. It really taught me a lesson. Itís unreal what people will do.

I really hope they get a print on this guy. Please let us know how itís going. ((HUGS)) Sorry you will have to suffer more this month.

Old 05-20-2005, 07:20 AM   #11
    sherry47
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sherry47 HB User

Thanks Tk. I can just picture you there with a torch. LOL The reason being, my memory is also horrible because of my meds. I can see me locking all my meds up and not being able to remember the combo. I suppose I would have to tell either my mom or my daughter the combo. Dave also has a good point about the meds not being safe from intruders even if they are in a safe. He's right. If they want those meds, they can get them. None of us are safe. That's why I have taken the stand of not telling what meds I am taking now. Like I said in another post, I had to tell my children to not discuss the fact that I take pain meds. I hate to say it but I don't trust my husbands family. One in particular kept calling and asking to "borrow" meds because he had pulled a muscle in his back, or a tooth was hurting... you all know all the reasons. I told him that my docs only gave me a months supply and if I gave out any then I would be short and I was not going to do that. Not to mention the fact that it's against the law. (They know I'm a stickler about that because my oldest brother is a Senior VA State Trooper.) I have enough problems in my life without having the police knocking on my door because a family member has OD'ed on my pain meds.

I guess all we can do is take the best precautions we know or can afford and pray that's enough to keep our meds safe. Sometimes I do get a little nervous because it's just me and my children here alone at night. My oldest is my daughter and she is 14. My parents want us to move in with them but I want to keep my independence as long as I can. Besides, I only have a little less than 3 years left on my mortgage. I also live in a nice neighborhood. It's quiet and honestly it is sort of a retirement community. LOL. There is only one other person in my neighborhood that has children, everyone else is over the age of 60. My son (11) goes around helping out the widows. He takes out their trash, helps with flowers and yard duties in the summer, snow removal in the winter, etc. They all want to pay him but he tells them that it is his Christian duty to help them and he doesn't want any pay. So they usually take the money they would have paid him and buy him gifts. He's ADHD but you couldn't ask for a sweeter child. Sorry, I got off topic....

Anyway, I guess we have all learned a little something from this. Dave, again, I'm sorry this happened to you. You sure didn't deserve to have this happen. It makes it hard to trust people. You were just trying to be a good neighbor and got burned.

God Bless,
    Sherry

Old 05-20-2005, 10:28 AM   #12
    tkgoodspirit
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hey Dave, everyone,

Seems like all of us have experienced some kind of "situation" regarding our meds. Shame.

Twisten, you said something that made me think. You said "so called neighbor". I remember growing up, and I grew up in what was commonly known as "the bad part of town" but, your neighbor was just that, "neighborly". They were there to help you and vise versa. Not so much anymore. Now the people we can refer to as "neighbors" are those we trust, we leave our house keys with them when we leave town, we walk over to thier house for a cook out, we play with their kids, or in my case: their dogs! They are our neighbors and they are "neighborly". Unfortunately living in the RX generation as Dave so acurately call it, we have "neighbors" and we have "people who live next door".

Dave, I just picture you leaving with a duffle bag! My goodness, that's just pitiful you have to resort to that. I could tell you where to find a good purse! Well, I hope it all gets resolved soon and the month goes by quickly for you. I know you are more than able to "bite the bullet", but you shouldn't have to, but at least you are prepared for the days to come, and know pretty much what to expect. Pain is a life altering little devil and it's hard enough for us CPer's to find a good combination of pain meds that at least make us comfortabe enough to function semi-normally, when we finally do, it's like being given the best gift at Christmas time, and we go along feeling relief that we FINALLY found something after years of "tweaking" that is right for us, then something like this happens, and it "upsets the apple cart" so to speak which only leads to frustration. We've all had enough frustration in our lives, and somehow, in the back of our minds, when we finally DO find some good relief, we know that frustration will once again rear it's ugly head. Hopefully, Dave, your frustration is only a temporary visitor and will be gone shortly.

Oh, Dave, I had to tell you. I was watching a TV commercial the other day (not about medication!). It was advertising a line of cosmetics that came in three color pallets and one of them was called "SHORELINE"! I immediately thought of you! LOL

Dave, the post I asked you to look at for me is a thread titled "Surgery is NOT an option! Shore? Anyone? HELP!" Sherry posted a good reply so far, and I'm anxiously waiting for more replies from more folks who can advise me so I can, as usual, learn from others who have "been there".

Love to you my friend,
    tk

P.S. Hey twisten!!!!!!!!!! How the heck are ya woman?

Last edited by tkgoodspirit; 05-20-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Old 05-20-2005, 10:42 AM   #13
    trowftd3
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

trowftd3 HB User

Dave, I'm soo sorry this happened to you. My hubby and I are always very careful when my 16 year old brings over new friends. It's sad but you can't trust anyone. Everywhere we've lived my husband has made a pointed effort to get to know the neighbors and he's always the one bringing smoked fish and offering to help with chores. It sucks to get burned for being nice.

I hope this doesn't make you jaded and untrusting of everyone....I guess you just have to take a long time to let someone earn that trust.
    Good luck with the hunt for this guy...don't stress too much it will just increase your pain and don't strangle the guy let the police take care of him. You don't want to end up in jail and miss those softball games!!! Off topic...I know what you mean about helping the coach...last year my husband was in a leg brace and could hardly walk and all the parents would watch him hobble out to help the coach but wouldn't get off their cell phones or out of their chairs and do the same!!!! It makes me angry.
    OK I'm done....

Take care and keep us posted. ~Mush

Old 05-20-2005, 11:19 AM   #14
    jenjordan
    (female)

jenjordan HB User

Dave,
    I too am sorry about your meds be stolen.....it happened to me last year with my Ativan. My doctor needles to say gave a long lecture about locking up my meds. I had just gotten the script filled she said I needed to file a police report. Which I did not want to do because it was a close family member. Thank Good she (the family member) has since been to rehab and is about 6 months clean. The Doc did give me another refill......but said she wouldnt "help me out" if it happened again.Without a police report. My husband promised the doc he would see to it that a safe was bought. My husband and I both have a great relationship with my Doc.The safe we now have and so far so good........Just sometimes remembing where the dang keys are LOL!

Prayers going out

Jenn

Old 05-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #15
    Luvs2Tan
    (female)

Luvs2Tan HB User

Hi Shoreline and everyone else, I hope you are all doing better. Dave, I am so sorry for what happened to you. I will keep you and everyone here in my daily prayers. I too lock up ALL my medications....you can never be too careful. I hope they do get a fingerprint on this guy. Please keep us posted.
    Hugs,
    Luvs2Tan

Last edited by Luvs2Tan; 05-21-2005 at 06:46 PM.

Closed Thread