It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Does Oxycodone cause muscle/organ spasms?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2005, 08:53 PM   #16
    Tyneyboy
    Inactive
    (male)

Tyneyboy HB User
    Re: Does Oxycodone cause muscle/organ spasms?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkmantis
    I have been on Oxycontin for 4 years and just recently started having muscle spasms in my legs and theyre severe.I have to move my legs continously or the spasms get worse until i do..
    Keep in mind, a lot of different drugs can also cause this, and some of them it isn't the quickly (and usually completely) rervisble type you see with opioids. SSRIs, SNRIs, TCAs, Neuroleptic drugs (typically used for nausea control as well), certain anticonvulsants, and a mess of others (including diaretics).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2005, 06:15 AM   #17
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

The mag ox 400 is a seperate med that is in addition to his regular vitamins.Unfortunetly vitamins don't seem to contain much at all.He is actually now taking(since the Tx) the mag ox three times a day.There is another specific reason that they wanted him to be taking the high amount but I really cannot remeber just what it was.He does have kidney problems(polycystic kidneys)as well,and i think it has something to do with that.but each tab contains 400mgs of mag as opposed to like the 75mgs in a normal vitamin.He no longer has to take any potassium supps though so that is at least one less pill a day for him to have to take.He is on wayy too many already.I hope the mag will help if this is what the problem is being caused by.God I can still picture my sons arms just a snappin away with this horrid look of fear on his face.i thought this was being caused by something much more sinister than just low mag,you know?good luck on your tests.marcia

Old 06-18-2005, 04:41 PM   #18
    darkmantis
    (male)

darkmantis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phospheros
    Keep in mind, a lot of different drugs can also cause this, and some of them it isn't the quickly (and usually completely) rervisble type you see with opioids. SSRIs, SNRIs, TCAs, Neuroleptic drugs (typically used for nausea control as well), certain anticonvulsants, and a mess of others (including diaretics).

Oxycontin is the only drug i currently take....

Closed Thread