It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Ibuprofen/ Tylenol Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2005, 05:32 PM   #1
    FairyMagick
    Inactive
    (female)

FairyMagick HB User
    Question Ibuprofen/ Tylenol Question

Hi ,
    I have 800 mg and 1000 mg of ibuprofen and tylenol due to serve pain. Sense June I have been taking them every 4 hours because I had surgery then. I have also done that before because of my pain. Many times it is because I don't have enough pain meds so I get desperate. Some times taking these meds can ward off a pain attack or help it.
    Any way my question is. I know taking this much ibuprofen and Tylenol is not good. I even mentioned to my DR and he said nothing about it. He knows I'm taking it. He was the one that even told me about the cocktail of taking both ibuprofen and Tylenol. How can I know if I am causing damage? I have been taking 600-800 ibuprofen for years and now I combine it with the Tylenol.
    FairyMagick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2005, 06:29 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Ibuprofen/ Tylenol Question

I would have an in depth chit chat with your doc about your concerns and ask him to perform labs on your liver and kidneys.You really should not have to take this much tylenol or ibu for that matter when there are other much safer options out there to treat your pain.There is a thread here about just what you are talking about,and the possibility for damage to your liver and kidneys due to excessive amounts of tylenol use.ibu can be just as damaging when used at high doses over a long period of time.I wish I had looked up that thread before I started this reply.it is only back about a few pages or so and it does contain some really good info about this subject.i cannot remember the exact name of the thread but i am sure you can easily find it if you look.It really IS worth the read.I is good that you are concerned about this now vs later when some sort of problem starts to appear.Most people do not realize just how bad this sort of damage can be.talk to your doc about other options.marcia

Closed Thread