It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

Is Stadol NS still available in US?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
conductor
Veteran
(male)

conductor HB User
Is Stadol NS still available in US?

Dear People That Know,

Is Stadol NS (butorphanol) still available as a regular prescription medication? Do pharmacies still carry it?

My pharmacy has had difficulty locating it, and they always seem to have the knack in locating just about anything.

I am located in Florida. When my Mother sent her Rx for Stadol NS to her mail-order pharmacy, she waited over 3 months to receive a resounding "No, we don't have it and can't locate it!"

We can find an occasional pharmacy that has one, but there doesn't seem to be an unbundant supply like there used to be. MAYBE we're just not at the right place at the right time!

I've asked, too, on the Headache Board.

This is the one medication that really helps our migraines! PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM REFERRING TO THE NASAL SPRAY FORM OF THE MEDICATION: Stadol Nasal Spray.

Any and all information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
Shoreline
Senior Veteran
(male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
Re: Is Stadol NS still available in US?

Hi Conductor, It is still listd with the FDA meanin it hasn't been yanked. Mylan makes the name brand and still lists it in their product guide. Roxane and another co make a generic, But you can contact Mylan and ask if the are still making it, every co has aweb site and contavt info asnd veevery co I have talked to is very patient friendly. There is a ;listing service of drugs n short supply, I lost that site and habven't looked for it in a while Centerwatch used to but know wants a mebership fee. Butt there rae sig=ghts that will notify you of drug shortages on scrtain area etc.. It may have faen out of use and t's expensive, unless they have a patient using it it may not be stocked untill ordered.

At one point the DEA wanted it reclassified as C-11 but Mylan still lists it as a c-4 which highly underestiates the ptenecy and abuse potential. But from what I could tell in a couple minutes it's still allowed in the US and likely still made, if not by Mylan. Roxanne and another compnay you can check at the FDA orange book site, a very handy site or all.

I'm sure someone can order it for you.
Good luck, Dave

Closed Thread