It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

just a question? also anybody with chronic pelvic pain out there?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #1
ruko4
(male)

ruko4 HB Userruko4 HB User
just a question? also anybody with chronic pelvic pain out there?

hello everyone, I was just wondering if anybody can give any info at all on the drug buprenorphine?? how strong it is? what forms it comes in? what class of drug it is? etc. Any info at all would be appreciated, I had heard that this med comes in a sublingual tablet? which would be really great for almost instant pain relief. I also thought I read that it might replace or be an alternative to methadone for maintenance for addiction? I think it was this drug not sure though. Anyway I was just curious about this drug never heard much about it.

I hope everybody has had a pretty good year so far, I have not posted much in the last 8 months but life is pretty good. Still searching for the reason or reasons behind what causes my chronic pelvic pain. Not much has changed in the last year as far as progress in finding the cause, but things could always be worse. There are people out there that don't get any relief for there chronic pain issues. I really don't know what I would do without having help in the way of pain meds and support from family in my case. I really do not want to remember what it was like to have all of those long days and especially long nights in absolute agony it was a terrible way to live and let me tell you guys out there who have know help at all for what ever type of pain you have my heart goes out to you hang in there and don't ever give up if you have not found a doctor that is as good and nice as mine keep looking they are not all as bad as you may think. There are very good docs out there that are willing to give you the TIME and TREATMENT you are looking for and NEED + DESERVE!!

I am still on oxycontin 50mg tid, talwin prn, and elavil 25mg hs which has given me alot of my life back. I have been suffering with severe chronic pelvic pain for around 5 years now and been on opiods for pain for 2.5 years my dose of oxy has been around the same for the whole time had an increase back a while ago from 40mg to 50 mg tid up just 10mg at each dose which has been really good. Anybody who is having problems with male pelvic pain and has any questions or think that I may be able to help a little feel free to ask, we both may be able to benefit from each others questions or experiences, anyway I gotta run hope to hear from you all and have a pain free weekend hopefully!!

Shawn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2005, 10:44 PM   #2
kyethra
(female)

kyethra HB User
Re: just a question? also anybody with chronic pelvic pain out there?

I have pelvic pain. Mine started with a cyst. The cyst ruptered and it irriated the nerve ending in my abdominal wall. Now its nerve entrapment. Of course the cyst bothering the nerve ending like that isn't supposed to be able to happen, but it did. It took too long for mine to get figgured out I think the only reason people took me seriously was because it was sudden onset and because I was only 20 when it started. I honestly think if I was a middle aged woman (like so many others I see at the pain clinics) I would have been dismissed by more people as yet another women with something mental going on (even the pain is pelvic, not mental in origin). So the abdominal was the cause of mine and I get treatments for that.

Old 11-02-2005, 12:23 PM   #3
trowftd3
Senior Veteran
(female)

trowftd3 HB User
Re: just a question? also anybody with chronic pelvic pain out there?

Shawn,
Sorry I can't help you out but I just wanted to say that I'm glad you got some of your life back. It's nice when people come back to the board and tell what has worked for them...maybe it can help someone else.

So have you found anyone with male pelvic pain?( I go back and post on the lung problem board every six months or so to see if there's anyone out there with my symptoms) Did the docs rule out interstitial cystitis? Do they have any sort of diagnosis for you?

Is buprenorphine something you're going to try? I've never heard of it.
I hope it helps you.

Take care ~Mush

Last edited by trowftd3; 11-02-2005 at 12:25 PM.

Closed Thread