It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• I could use some advice, debating on quitting meds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2005, 09:00 AM   #16
    Amsterdam
    (male)

Amsterdam HB User
    Re: I could use some advice, debating on quitting meds

Marcia, Yes I was kind of confused when I read your post. I realize that I won't get approved if I am at work. My intention would be to allow myself to be taken off work. My situation is severe enough that most of the docs I've seen have kept me from work, and its been because I have asked them to release me that I have returned to work. I am in a battle with myself and the pain is getting so bad that no matter what I have for meds, I'm losing my ability to maintain while holding a job.

One problem is that my pain has not been DX. That makes things very complicated, and the doctor treating me at the time when I went off work didn't know anything else to do. I was getting comp payments and probably could have survived until SSD went through, but when I got a letter from my company saying that I was only allowed 12 weeks of medical leave under the FMLA, my lawyer said they were going to give my job to someone else. I got sick of waiting for a DX and told the Dr. that I would just go back with no restrictions. Hes a comp doc and had no problem writing that out.

So now I'm at a new PM doc and one that seems to think that my lower back has a lot to do with the source of my pain. That is a possibility, but I'm really getting irritated that they can't find out where its coming from for sure.

I give very accurate descriptions of my pain, the area of the pain and the fact that I am still at a 6 most of the time regardless of the Oxy.

I do have decisions to make, it would make it easier if I knew what I was dealing with and if my pain is going to continue to worsen as it is. I will continue to work as long as I possibly can, and structure my bills so that they can be paid off of disability.

I just seriously doubt I'll be working much longer, there are things my employer asked me to do on the job that I don't feel comfortable doing being on these meds. I don't want to come right out and tell them I am on the meds, but I also think I need to give them a reason other than I don't feel comfortable doing something or working with something.

My ability to do my previous job is all but about gone. Thats my point. I won't be able to do a desk job because of my back condition, so I am just trying to get things in order before they just all land on top of me.

Last edited by Amsterdam; 11-20-2005 at 09:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2005, 06:54 AM   #17
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

You REALLY DO need to contact a good disability attorney Amster,really.You do need to find out just what you need to do and not do right now and the best way would be to go to an expert.you have more than enough to deal with right now,and just consulting an attorney would at the very least,take off some of the pressure and let you know where you actually stand and what you nest best move should be,ya know?Just open the phone book and look for one,or just wait a while while actually watching TV during the morning.God there are just tons of ads for disablity and bankruptcy lawyers on like every other commercial now a days.you really don't see the disabilty ads come on hardly at all later in the day for some reason but man are they ever there in the morning.I see the same ones come on over and over when I turn the TV on at 11:00 every morning just to watch our local news.

just honestly,find one Amster,you really do need to know where you stand and also hand over some of your anxiety about your future to someone who knows.let me know how ALL your issues are going ,K? hang in there,Marcia

Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 PM   #18
    Chaddyfriend
    (male)

Chaddyfriend HB User

i agree with marcia, it would help alot with your anxiety to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about. good luck!

~chadd
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #19
    Amsterdam
    (male)

Amsterdam HB User

Thats something I have been thinking about. The last lawyer I was dealing with for comp was not very encouraging at all. He would barely return a phone call, and everytime I asked a question I got bad news. It was like he worked for the company or something, it was strange.

I think the stress created around my job has really limited my ability to have any hope. I am working on approaching some people high up in the company to ask why some of these issues are not being dealt with.

I work very hard , 16 hrs a day when I am in school and then work in the same day. I think some people at work are jealous and don't want me to succeed in the company. Its very stressful and an unfortunate situation, but it just gets me to school and motivates me to work on getting out of there.

Closed Thread