It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• new to dallas need help finding good doc!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-02-2005, 11:32 AM   #1
    newtodallas
    (female)

newtodallas HB User
    new to dallas need help finding good doc!

I have been on lorcet 10's 180 monthly, 180 Soma and 60 Xanax for well over a year. I am an evacuee from Katrina and all my info in New Orleans has been lost. I managed to see a doc of a friend here in September who prescribed half my dose but said I needed to find a pain management doc here! So far no luck! If anyone knows of a compassionate Doctor here who can help please email me!!! I am getting desperate and can hardly get out of bed anymore! Dallas, Fort Worth or surrounding areas would be great. I found out my clinic in New Orleans did relocate to Lafayette, LA and they would still see me there but I am not up to a 7 hour one way trip. We are in Dallas to stay and I need to find a doctor to see here! Thanks everyone!!!!
    Drop me a line if you can help me out!

Last edited by newtodallas; 11-02-2005 at 01:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 11:46 AM   #2
    tina76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tina76 HB User
    Re: new to dallas need help finding good doc!

I am not in Dallas so I won't be much help to you in that respect.... but could your doctor in LA possibly do some checkin around and refer you to a doctor they think might be best suited for you there in TX? Even though your records were lost you should also have your previous doctor write a letter describing your situation and what types of meds they had had you on etc.... so then a new doc knows that you were being treated with these meds before etc.... could make the situation of switching doctors easier on you! Good luck!

Old 11-02-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
    buzzer09
    Veteran
    (male)

buzzer09 HB User

They don't allow you to put your email adress on your posts, I think they will remove it and ban you

Old 11-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #4
    newtodallas
    (female)

newtodallas HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tina76
    I am not in Dallas so I won't be much help to you in that respect.... but could your doctor in LA possibly do some checkin around and refer you to a doctor they think might be best suited for you there in TX? Even though your records were lost you should also have your previous doctor write a letter describing your situation and what types of meds they had had you on etc.... so then a new doc knows that you were being treated with these meds before etc.... could make the situation of switching doctors easier on you! Good luck!
    Thanks for the info, unfortunately my doc has also relocated and I am not sure where??? The lady who is taking calls for the clinic won't tell you much. They want you to come to their clinic in Lafayette but like I said that is too far for me! I do have my RX's I was taking etc and If I can get in touch with the Doc I will do that! Thanks for the advice!

Closed Thread