It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• For those taking Gabitril Filmtabs

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
    Rrector
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rrector HB UserRrector HB User
    For those taking Gabitril Filmtabs

I get all my maintenance medications through a mail order pharmacy that is contracted by my insurance company (Blue Cross) and we are able to get a 90 day supply at a time. If we fill our meds through a local pharmacy, we can only get a 30 day supply at a time.

I was taking two, 12 mg Gabitrils at bedtime for several months. The last time I had the script refilled, when it came in the mail there was a letter with it from the head of the pharmacy. Briefly, it stated that it had been found that patients who were taking Gabitril and were not taking it for seizure control were prone to experience seizures while on this med. In other words, the medication was causing people to have seizures, when they hadn't had them before.

I immediately took the letter to my doctor and after talking with the head of pharmacy at the local hospital, he took me off the medication. He had me wean off it, but he pretty much took me off it as quickly as it was safely possible.

I just wanted to pass this information along to other CP people, as I know there are otheres taking Gabitril and you might want to check with your doctor and/or pharmacist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread