It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• A Rough Patch – Your Advice Please

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2005, 10:41 PM   #1
    KA2112
    (female)

KA2112 HB User
    A Rough Patch – Your Advice Please

Hi everyone. I’m hoping to get some advice. I read these postings often and appreciate the intelligent, honest, and caring responses. I have a large herniated disc in my neck and bulging discs in my lower back that cause severe pain throughout the day. My primary care doc prescribes oxycontin and oxyir daily for my pain. I’ve been taking the instructed dosage for about 6 months without incident. This month, however, has been an unusually difficult month, in terms of my pain level. In addition to my neck pain, I’ve been experiencing continuous arm pain and occasional sciatic pain down my right leg…usually only my left. We’ve been getting some erratic weather here, temps up and down, snow storms, a lot of precipitation…and so I’m wondering if this may be contributing, or even the cause, of my new and increased pain. At any rate, my prescription is due for refill on Friday, but I have only enough through Sunday...resulting in a shortfall of about 4 days. Up until I received the oxys, I was not working…but trying to get my life back on track…the oxys enabled me to do so (whereas I was taking hydros prior to oxy and was struggling for some time)...and I’m now working for a great company! I am thankful for this prescription, because it has allowed me to get back into the swing of things…somewhat, not entirely, but I’m working on it! Anyway, I’m traveling for work Tues – Thurs of next week…but I’ll be out of meds, due to my increased pain this month. My doc is very specific about the date of renewal of my meds. He holds me to the day…which I understand…I know he cares and wants to keep me on track (but he’s also been burned and I believe a little paranoid as a result)...so I really don’t feel that I can ask for an early refill, at this time...and I don’t want to jeopardize our relationship. He wants me to get another MRI, since it’s been over a year…and I agree…as I definitely want to know if my condition has changed or worsened…especially in light of this new pain. I haven’t scheduled the MRI yet, because I didn’t have health insurance, and imaging is very expensive. I just opted for early benefits last week, when I started my new job, so I will be scheduling the appointment asap. If I don’t have meds for the flight and client meeting, I fear that my misery (and I know just how miserable I will be) will be perceived by my client and my colleague…not to mention my decreased focus and attention to the work that is expected...and not being able to eat and/or sleep while there…which is the horrible but real scenario…and the last thing I want to do is jeopardize my job in any way.

So, my question is…assuming that I can’t ask my primary doc for an early fill, would it be unreasonable for me to visit the walk-in clinic that is near my home, and ask for help in getting through these travel days...I wouldn’t expect to receive oxy...just something to take the edge off for those 3 or so days. I could bring to the clinic my prescription bottles and all the medical reports I possess. Do you think they would be sympathetic? I’ve been to this clinic in the past for other ailments...so I’m in their system. I really hate to even have to ask for help, but the thought of such a dire situation on this trip is overshadowing my hesitation. I certainly plan on speaking with my primary care doc, when it’s time for my refill…informing him about my increased pain and scheduling of the MRI…and then having him manage any and all of my issues henceforth.

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 AM   #2
    Chaddyfriend
    (male)

Chaddyfriend HB User
    Re: A Rough Patch – Your Advice Please

man ur in a touhg situation. Lesson to be learned, it is better to hurt a little than run out early. 100% compliance is the only way to go. PERIOD. I dont think anyone is going ot be simpathetic, bcuz these people i am sure have heard EVERY addict story to be concieved. Even though i dont think ur an addict per se, i do think they may look harshley upon you for this. Especially, especially with a drug such as oxyC that is so abused in in the media alot. Be carefull, u dont want to do something now that may jeopordize your treatment in the future.... anyone can correct me if i am wrong...

~chadd
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:45 AM   #3
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

no you are not wrong chaddy.total and complete compiance is crucial espescially if you are under a contract or in this situation,KA,you were aware of your docs position as to any early refills being an impossibility.there have been many many really excruciating days that i have had but instead of breaking my contract despite the horrid flares I do everything and anything else but take any extra meds as I know if i run out i will be in bed for as long as I am out and in totally devistating pain.i am not going to put myself through total hell to try and satisfy a flare that WILL settle down eventually.so I just take it as easy as possible and do other modalities(love that TENS unit to death now,lol)to just get through it.
    you really HAVE placed yourself in a really bad spot now.i do feel for ya,really.but from the way your Rxing doc sounds from what you have stated,I don't think going to another source right now really would be in your best interest at this point in time,you WILL plant that seed of doubt in his mind forever if you go to somewhere else for pain meds,honestly you do not want to do this or you will be setting yourself up for HUGE problems,espescially since this doc has been burned in the past.

unless you can call and discuss your current situation with him and only him and tell him that you felt very undermedicated at that time he 'may' possiblydo something for you.when you are in a situation where your pain is over the top and you feel that you need those extra meds?the absolute best thing to do would be to actually call the doc and tell them what is going on and ask THEM what to do.I do not know if you are under an actual contract or not but if you are.I would honestly(for many many reasons)just leave things alone,tough it out and chalk it up to a learning experience,honestly,you DID go against his Rx and in most PM clinics you would be terminated on the spot.having to be on any sort of narcotic therepy,espescially the C IIs is a HUGE responsibility for you,huge.for many many reasons,these particular meds can be wonderful and lifesaving but they also come with alot of rules and regs for you and the Rxing doc.if your doc should decide to go against wht HE rxed for you HE can land in some very hot water with the DEA.this is not something any doc wants to have happen.it really does suck so very much in all that chronic pain patients have to go through just to be able to have the privledge of getting the meds we need just to actually survive the day,and this IS a privledge.if we abuse it in any way we are screwed,this is what keeps me in total and complete compliance,to lose my privledge,quite honestly,I don't think i would really want to live.I could Not in any way get through life without the meds i now have to take.it would be impossible as i would not even be able to move most of my body parts just because i would be in tears just lifting my R leg or even trying to attempt bending my RSD knee.my pain is THAT bad without the meds.and even on some really bad days with.

quite honestly,unless you really want to plant that seed in your docs head,i unfortunetly for you,really feel that you are going to just have to tough it out or call your Rxing doc and try as best you can to explain your situation and the fact that your pain was just THAT bad.but by not at least calling him before doing what you did is going to be something you will also be needing to discuss or explain.once you breach that trust with your doc in even a small way,your relationship with him or her will never be the same.it is entirely up to you as to do what you feel you need to do right now but be warned,this will come back to possibly haunt you at a later date or could cost you the ability to even continue with this current doc at all anymore.
    have you discussed surgical options with this doc?do you have any plans as to what your next step will be with regards to some sort of treatment?most docs,if they know you are heading for an upcomming surgery at some point in the near futuer are not quite as strict at certain times when it comes to meds.but if you are not even considering it at all and expect this doc to keep writing you Rxes,it may be a bit more difficult for you.

i really wish I could give you better news here,really,but unfortunetly you placed yourself in a very bad position and may just have to get through it all without any meds.the risks you will run if you go somewhere else or call and discuss this with him may just not be worth losing your total ability to obtain anything at all from this doc in your very near future.He DOES have grounds to dismiss you.if you are not currently seeing a PM clinic it would definitely be something to try as they can offer you many other options for treating and controling pain with and without the use of narcotics.are you currently on anything else besides the C IIs,like neurontin or some other type of non narcotic pain meds?there are some other good options besides the narcotics to treat chronic pain.the majority of CP patients are actually on many different combos of narcotics and anti siezure meds and or the tricyclic anti ds.if you can tolerate the NSAIDs like aleeve,this may be your only way of getting through the next week.I lived on aleeve for like two years before I was able to finally get my herniated disc actually attended to.my son was going thru liver failure at the same time my neck was going to hell but his medical issues were a just a "bit" worse than mine at the time.this stuff seems to work rather well for disc pain,at least it did for me anyway,thank god.i wish you lots of luck with your situation and hope things don't get too out of hand.

be very very careful in how you decide to handle this as whatever you do could have much more dire circumstances than you realize.the biggest thing here is to just remember how you are feeling right now,and think of it at anytime in the future when things get bad again and you are considering taking more than your Rxed dose.chalk this up to a big learning experience and in the future follow your docs instructuions to the letter and you shouldn't have any more problems in having this happen again.if you feel you are undermedicated,talk to your doc about trying some other meds like the ones i mentioned.they really DO help alot of us here who are dealing with many very painful conditions.good luck,and let me know how things go.Marcia

Old 12-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #4
    VA-GAL
    (female)

VA-GAL HB User

I have to agree with the other poster, absolute compliance is the only way to go. I know if I did what you are suggesting, I would be kicked out of my pain doctor's practice so fast my head would spin. There would be no possible explanation I could give that would satisfy my doctor. He would not refill my script early either. The way I would have handled it would have been to call him when I was having the extra pain, and tempted to take the extra pills. That is the time to call the doctor. Call BEFORE taking the extra pills, which you obviously must have done to be running out early.

Your best bet, and this is what I would do if I had taken too many pills earlier in the month, is to stretch out whatever I had left until I could get my refill. I would not go behind my doctor's back and have another doctor give me pills. You may want to discuss you increased pain with your doctor at your next visit so your dose can be adusted appropriately, but what you are thinking about doing could jeapardize your future treatment with this doctor forever.

Va-gal

Old 12-09-2005, 07:49 AM   #5
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Hi KA, Unfortunately, All the posters are right. There is no such thing as an early refill and going to another doc to get pain meds for the same problem he's been treating is doctor shopping, which is illegal. If you take you meds in, any reasonable doc is going to call the prescribing doc and ask why his patient is in his walk in clinic looking for meds because they ran out early. You would be supplying the walk in doc with your docs name addy and phone number to drop you deeper in the well.

WE can all rationalize taking extra meds for the pain, for traveling, to cram for exams, to tak a trip, to clean the house so we can live up to our mother in laws standards, whatever the reason, everyone has to deal with it and a new job or a weather change doesn't justify self medicating. You had the opportunity to call your doc at any point to see if he would have helped with the pain of an out of town trip and chose not to,

There isn't an excuse you can think of that a doc or pharamcist hasn't already heard, they have all been used up by those folks that have burned the doc in the past. What your suggesting is just another scorching where you told him you couldn't function without meds. He believed you, risked his licence to treat you and here you are.

Yes we all hurt when the weather changes or barometric pressure changes or simply wake up to a cold day. But you have a doc willing to prescribe meds stronger than most surgeons use for post op pain and risked your relationship and job over a few bad days you felt it was OK to self medicate.

If the doc doesn't how the DEA he is in control of his patients med use, your right, yu won't have a dcoc long. Whether you have a contract or not. If you know he calcualtes a 30 day supply to the day That's what you have to go by. The sad thing is if you blow your docs trust, how will he treat the next patient he sees that says they can't function with their level of pain.

My advice is to suck it up and not risk your future treatment with your doc. Your worried about your job, but can you work if your doc cuts you off cold and you need the next 10 days to detox to stop shaking before you go back to work without any meds?If you reduce your meds by half today and by monday yu will be feeling a little better and wel enough to make the rip and use the saved meds for when you absolutelyneed them for our meeting. That will give you 3 extra days at half your normal dose which is better than no meds the last 4 days.

Anything else is illegal or risking any future treatment with meds with abuse potential. If you reduce your dose by half today, it will be a lot easdier than going cold turkey out of town and expect to put on a presentation or close a deal. You would have meds for the meeting only and the rest of your time out of town won't be comfortable but it is doable and won't risk future treatment.

If yu get labeled now, even a surgeon would here about your problem with compliance and then your post op pain management will be short to get you off all meds. Even surgeons are not obliged to treat pain to your satisfaction. I've seen folks come home from surgery with nothing, with one script for T-3's after a fusion and that's another consequence of showing inability to comply. It won't just be your GP who's trust you blow, but anyone he refers you to. Your GP wold be obligd to bring up the potential problem of miss use of medication. The easiest way to handle it from a dcos stand point is to not handle it.

Good luck, we have all been under medicated at some point, if not for years for months. It's not that folks aren't empethetic, they just don't understand the risk you took if your pain is so severe you need these meds to function. Less ability to function on those bad days is better than no ability to function for the 5 days you set yourself up for.
    Take care, Dave

Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 AM   #6
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User

I want you to know that disc patients all understand the weather changes, My fusion and bulging discs turn me into a walking barometer, I can tell pressure changes faster than the weatherman. But not only would I not go to the walk-in clinic, If my meds were stolen or dropped in the toilet I would suffer until my next fill, Nothing is worth having your doctor not trust you anymore, and like Dave said, Non compliance can follow you for years. If this happens again, The day you feel your pain is out of control, call your doctor, If you can see him face to face he may be willing to up your dosage, or offer you other things like toredol or a tens unit to get you over the rough patches. Good luck and let us know how you are doing~Fabby

Old 12-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #7
    Rrector
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rrector HB UserRrector HB User

I don't think anyone has touched on this yet in prior posts, but I read through them rather quickly, so excuse me if it's already been covered. I had a thought when you brought up the idea of visting a walk in clinic to see if you could obtain something to get by until you could refill your Oxy.

The area I live in Washington state isn't huge by any means, but there's about 150,000 people here. I imagine the same applies to other areas as well, but here they have a central database here, which tracks all C-II scripts that are written and filled. You fill a script for Oxycontin at your normal pharmacy and then go to a walk in clinic and are able to get a script for some Hydrocodone and you fill it at another pharmacy, any doctor (or pharmacist for that matter) is able to call up your information and know what you have had filled, where, and who wrote it. Believe me, this is the absolute truth. I speak from personal experience. I really don't want to go into details, but several years ago, I had a situation similar to yours, and I got nailed by my regular doc. I came very, very close to getting cut off completely. I think now, looking back, the only thing that saved my bacon was the fact I have known my doctor for close to 20 years. He also was my parents' doctor when they were living.

So, what I'm saying, is do whatever you have to do, but do not go anywhere besides your own doctor that has been writing your Oxycontin for you. If you have to throw yourself at his feet and spill your guts to get by, then that is better than trying to get some meds elsewhere! If he is understanding and will help you, count your break as the only one you'll get. I would imagine if something similar happened again, you wouldn't get a second chance. I know today, I follow my doctor's instructions to the letter.

Good luck to you and I hope things work out for you.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #8
    Chaddyfriend
    (male)

Chaddyfriend HB User

hey director, what part of WA are u from? i am from kent/renton area. Where do you go for pm? i just started in bellevue. talk to yall later.

~chadd
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:36 PM   #9
    Rrector
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rrector HB UserRrector HB User

Chaddy: I'm in the Tri-Cities. I go to my PCP, who I have known for many years. He is getting close to retirement age, so I may need to start looking for someone else to take over my pain management. Any suggestions?

Old 12-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #10
    Chaddyfriend
    (male)

Chaddyfriend HB User

ahhh, tri-cities, my sister goes to central over in ellensburg. Nice over there. as far as pain managment in was goes, i dont know about anyone over there, but have heard great things about the pain managment at virgina mason on my side of the mts. They have multi-modality things, the only multi modality i nthe area here. The teach like bio feedback, and self hypno ect. Thats where i want to go if this one in bellevue doesnt work. Thats all i can really suggest. Would probably be about a 3-4 hr drive, but prolly worth it. Have a great evening!

~chadd

Old 12-09-2005, 07:20 PM   #11
    KA2112
    (female)

KA2112 HB User

Thanks to everyone. You’re right…my doc is great (he’s kind of indirectly linked to my family too), and I am very thankful for the meds and wouldn’t want to jeopardize my relationship with him.

I just have to say this…Chaddy, you really need to go easy on the addict talk, as you wrote, “I dont think anyone is going ot be simpathe tic, bcuz these people i am sure have heard EVERY addict story to be concieved.” I thought your comments were totally unnecessary. I thank the Director for his candor in sharing a similar experience…as well as the others who responded with empathy, or at least sympathy. The situation I’ve gotten myself into is not so unusual, and it certainly doesn’t implicate someone, as an addict. Like most everyone else here, I am a cp patient doing my best, and since I’ve fallen short a few days, I will have to suck it up and try to conserve as suggested by Shoreline. Choosing to alleviate unusual or increased pain today may result in having to suffer tomorrow. I did this to myself and will have to bear the consequences…message received. That’s all I needed to hear…tough it out…you’ll get there…if unbearable call your prescribing doc, etc. I’ve been through physical therapy without benefit. I’ve met with neuro’s and ortho’s regarding surgery and decided to wait based on the advice of my doc. Anyway, thanks to everyone for the voice of reason. I’ll get through this tough time, and then I’ll be happy at the end of the week, when I get my scheduled refill, and all is well again!

Take care of yourselves!

Ka

Old 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM   #12
    stacykgb20
    Inactive
    (female)

stacykgb20 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chaddyfriend
    man ur in a touhg situation. Lesson to be learned, it is better to hurt a little than run out early. 100% compliance is the only way to go. PERIOD. I dont think anyone is going ot be simpathetic, bcuz these people i am sure have heard EVERY addict story to be concieved. Even though i dont think ur an addict per se, i do think they may look harshley upon you for this. Especially, especially with a drug such as oxyC that is so abused in in the media alot. Be carefull, u dont want to do something now that may jeopordize your treatment in the future.... anyone can correct me if i am wrong...
    I agree KA, that the implication that someone who runs out of their opiate script a few days early one month will be considered an addict or thought to be lying by any reasonable, well-informed person is absurd and completely inappropriate and unwarranted. Throwing around terms like addict to describe CP patients who are dependent on opiates just perpetuates the hysterical ignorance and paranoia surrounding pain meds (due to all the true addicts out there WITHOUT CP who buy the drugs in order to get high). I would be completely appalled and outraged if I told my doctor KA's story and he called it an addict story or suggested that I was an addict...that's like saying your pain isn't real and you aren't taking your meds responsibly, as needed for a legitimate purpose, which is a highly slanderous claim for a medical professional to make against one of his patients.

And reading these replies: WOW! I had no idea that pain management doctors were so strict about no early refills! I know they have to be when you sign a contract but otherwise I have trouble understanding why they would be so adamant in refusing to alleviate your suffering. While I'm sure technically they can get in trouble for an early refill, the DEA is looking to bust docs who prescribe pain meds indiscriminately, to people who don't need them, in really high doses, etc. NOT to harass a perfectly compliant doc who every once in awhile writes a refill three days early for one patient. I really think that's a cop out excuse unless the doctor is being irresponsible with scripts in general, and I’d definitely try to find another doctor if mine could look me in the eye and tell me I’d have to suffer through withdrawals and no pain meds because he wouldn’t refill my script a few days early.

If you have never run out early before, I just can’t imagine that any responsible and compassionate doctor would force you to go through withdrawals as a result of your pain dramatically increasing, especially while on a business trip. I've seen several doctors since my chronic pain started (but only had one at a time prescribe pain meds), and none of them has ever had a problem refilling my meds a week or two early when I was going away on vacation. In fact, I regularly schedule my appointments about 3 1/2 weeks apart so I can get my refills without coming too close to running out...my insurance and the Mayo Clinic pharmacy system both allow a 30 day script to be refilled or renewed after 14 days. So it's not like all doctors (and all state pharmacy regulators) are even remotely as hardcore and uptight about early refills as some posters have described, though I definitely do feel very sorry for those whose who would let their patients go through withdrawal.

So I really think that it's worth at least talking to your doctor about your upcoming trip and the weather and the new source of pain, explaining how you've taken a few extra pills, and seeing if he'd be willing to give you an early refill just this once. It’s pretty unreasonable for him to expect that his patients will never experience increased pain except at their monthly appointments when he is writing out the scripts, and so I would think your doctor would be understanding and want to help you out, particularly if you tell him you are concerned about the new pain and want to schedule an MRI ASAP. That shows you are taking this whole thing seriously and not just concerned with getting opiates but in doing whatever is possible to address the cause of your CP. There was a good article posted here about the difference between behaviors of patients who are dependent (as is to be expected) and addicted/problem users of opiates, and one thing that was listed as NOT a sign of a problem or a cause for worry was occasionally taking extra meds than prescribed in response to increased pain. After all we are only human and it’s a pretty logical, normal response to experiencing more pain, not some deceitful betrayal or a crime for which you deserve the punishment of withdrawal.

However, if you get unlucky and your doctor insists on being completely rigid then I think you need to just suck it up and DEFINITELY don’t go to another doctor for pain meds. Because if a doctor is that uptight and paranoid about a refill a few days early, he will absolutely freak out about you seeking meds from another doctor, which is considered drug-seeking behavior by the entire medical community. Doctors and pharmacies have ways of finding out about that and it is just not worth the risk at all, no matter how bad you think withdrawal will be, because one note in your record about drug-seeking and you’ll never find another doctor willing to give you anything to help with your pain. If you get denied for this early refill, then I would strongly suggest that you start saving at least a few meds each month and build up a surplus in case this happens again, because withdrawal is not fun (I tried it voluntarily last month to see how bad my pain was without Oxycontin and the withdrawal actually wasn’t that bad compared to the increase in pain, which was literally driving me crazy and making me contemplate suicide) and it’s even more terrible to be in chronic pain and not have anything to help. Maybe telling a doc in advance that you need to take more meds would help you get around this in the future, though I don’t see why that should be considered any differently than just needing an early refill. Anyway, good luck with your doctor—I hope he’ll cover you and that you don’t have to be experiencing extra pain or withdrawals during your trip! Take care and hang in there!

Old 12-09-2005, 08:17 PM   #13
    Chaddyfriend
    (male)

Chaddyfriend HB User

whoa whoa whoa whoa, i am not being reactive, but what did i say after that quote you used....I saied "even though i DONT think your an addict". I said i didn't think YOU were an addict, but correct me if i am wrong again people, that is addict behavior. Even shoreline said the same thing in his post, he even said that the doctors have heard every story in the book. Please when you use a quote, dont take it out of context. I was not trying to be offensive, but get you to look at it from THEIR point of view. Anyone can correct me if i am wrong...feel free...

~chadd

Old 12-09-2005, 08:19 PM   #14
    Chaddyfriend
    (male)

Chaddyfriend HB User

jeez stacky, why are people picking on me, this is ridiculous, i even said in that post that i did not think he was an addict. I was trying to help so watever. And why are people downplaying how serious it is to run out early? Thats not just a minor issue that EVERYONE goes through. It not ok bcuz EVERYONE else does it. I was trying to help someone understand how serious it was to not be fully compliant. I sis not call him an addict and would like an apology.

~chadd

Last edited by Chaddyfriend; 12-09-2005 at 08:21 PM.

Old 12-09-2005, 08:53 PM   #15
    mshatch
    (female)

mshatch HB User

Hi KA
    I can identify with your situation. I was in horrid pain before I got my MRI's. I know the pain is almost unbarable. The key to your improving your pain is to get the MRI done and see exactly whats going on. I had a long hard time convincing dr's that something was really wrong. That is of couse tilll I got my MRI done then there was no denying what the problem was, I was losing feeling in my left arm and also in my leg. Eventually I started getting paralyzed. So I would say it is urgent that you get this checked out. I wouldnt worry so much about runnign out of meds early but like Dave said asking for early refills or going to another dr can jepordize alll you future med treatment. You have to be very careful about asking for meds before your time is up. Personallly I would wait. You need to just tough it out. I know that sounds harsh but believe me it is in your best intrest. I know the pain your going through is excruciating. I went through it myself. But you cant push that meds issue. Get yourself in a position to take that MRI asap. That way you can be better treated for your symptoms. I know your not an addict and I know your just trying to cope with all that pain. The thing with running out early is major withdrawls and it doesnt make you feel good when that happens. I wish you God's speed in getting the necessary test done so that good treatment for your pain will come soon. Just try to stay on your meds as prescribed as hard as it may seem. Its a real benifit to you if you take as Rx'ed. Just try to tough out the rough patches and stick to your prescription. I will be thinking about you and hope that you get some relief for your pain. I know its hard right now cause I know how painful it can get. Just hang in there tilll they find out whats going on and hang on to those meds as long as you can ok. Like I have heard from alot of people on hear addiction is when you abuse your meds. I for one am dependant on my meds. And I think most of us here are dependant there is a big difference and to me you sound like no addict I think your just dependant and believe me alot of us run out a couple days ahead of time except those who are under a strict watch from there dr's. Just stick with your current dr's orders and dont ask for more because they may label you. And believe me you dont want that happening. Just ake it one day at a time and in the end you will get relief. When you first start out on meds its best to follow all the rules. Dont jepodize your chances of future PM. Be honest with your doc next time and just let him know that you ran out a few days early because of the weather and other situations. He may be sympathetic but if he is just go with the flow for now. I hope that what some of us has passed along to you willl help you. And dont give up but you have to be very careful when it comes to those kind of meds. Its alll about following the rules. Well I hope all works out well for you and I know alot of us willl be thinking about you and hoping you can make it through this rough time. Like I said earlier even if your feeling pain after taking your dosage just hang in there tilll your next that way you will have a enough meds to see you through. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Good luck......
    MSHATCH

Closed Thread