It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Watson generic Oxycontin...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-29-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
    wirry1422
    Inactive

wirry1422 HB User
    Lightbulb Watson generic Oxycontin...

Does anyone know if the generic Oxycontin marketed by Watson pharma is available yet? I understand that several months back, purdue pharma switched their designated generic marketer from Ivax to Watson. Purdue issued a press release in October stating that they will be directly manufacturing the Watson generic Oxycontin using the same active and inactive ingredients, so other then markings, it will be identical to brand OC. Now as we all know, the Endo generic OC is horrible, so I was just wondering if anyone is aware whether Watson OC is now available, because my ins. is insisting I use a generic OC product, and I am getting tired of going thru WD and nausea from the Endo OC, so if the Watson generic is out, I will insist my pharmacist order it from now on. Thanks for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 06:24 AM   #2
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
    Re: Watson generic Oxycontin...

I know how you feel about that endo crap wirry.i cannot believe that stuff is still out there considering the huge amounts of complaints about it.It did the same thing to me as you.it would really be interesting to actually find out just what the true and actual amount of active oxy is actually in there.with me it was really bad as my daily 60-60-60 was all in 20mg pills so even if the individual pill was just like only down like just ten mgs or so,this was multiplied times three for me and I lost alot of coverage just in the overall loss of mgs.i know that other folks have mentioned other generic OCs that they felt okay with,it seems to be just the endo version that is the biggest crappy one.would your pharmacy possibly consider ordering another generic for you?or could you call around to other pharms in your area to see if they use another generic and then just switch that to your designated pharm with your PM? just a thought.i know that stuff sucks and I was totally nauseas til the end of my two week fill period was over and I called my pm when i needed the next fill and begged them for that precious DAW to be written,and they complied with no problems at all.now I just make darn sure when I call my fill into the PM that I always mention the DAW,or i know I will be suffering for it.hopefully your current pharm will give you some better options than this junk.Good luck wirry,Marcia

Closed Thread