It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• hydrocotin[l.a hydrocodone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
    madhatter
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

madhatter HB User
    hydrocotin[l.a hydrocodone

I asked this question before also,and someone told me they are comming out with a time-released hydrocodone called hydrocotin. I also heard its already out in Europe someweres,but i don't no if thats a fact.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #2
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Re: hydrocotin[l.a hydrocodone

HeyMH, I think your confusing HydromorphContin, the Purdue Canada version of long acting hydromorphone "Dilauidid". I haven't come across any news about LA hydrocodone. I do know in Mexico, many people are mislead by street dealers into thinking regular oxycodone and even Vicodin is OxyContin and any other type of scam they can think of to increase the price. But I will keep an eye out for an LA hydrocodone product. Take care, Dave

Hey MH, JUst to be sure I was up to date I did som digging and the closest thing I found when searching for long acting Hydrocodne was a cold medecine that combined a decongestant and hydrocodne. I would imagine the decongestant puts a cap on the safe dose of this med you can take but it des mention not breaking or chewing the pill as not to interfere with it's time released mechanism. From what I can find, the Hydro wears off before the decongenstant and if you tamper with the long acting mechanism the decongestant doesn't last as long.

I do know folks tat have had LA hydro compounded using dextromathorphan and that last 6-8 hours and can be created in any dose you want, from 20 mgs of hydro to 100 mgs per capsule. The DXM just prolongs the action of the hydro and gives it NMDA blocing ability.

GENERIC NAME: PHENYLPROPANOLAMINE WITH HYDROCODONE - ORAL (FEN-ill-pro-puh-NOLL-uh-meen WITH hi-droh-KOH-doan)
    BRAND NAME(S): Codamine, Hycomine
    Medication Uses | How To Use | Side Effects | Precautions | Drug Interactions | Overdose | Notes | Missed Dose | Storage

USES: Hydrocodone is a cough suppressant. Phenylpropanolamine relieves nasal stuffiness. This combination medication is used to treat a cough and symptoms associated with the common cold, allergies, hay fever, sinusitis and other respiratory illnesses.

HOW TO USE: Take this medication as prescribed. Be sure to follow instructions closely. Do not increase your dose or take this more often than directed. Capsules and long-acting tablets must be swallowed whole with a full glass of water. Do not crush or chew them. The long action will be destroyed and the chance of side effects will be increased.

Good luck, Dave

Last edited by Shoreline; 01-21-2006 at 11:38 AM.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
    wirry1422
    Inactive

wirry1422 HB User
    Talking Re: hydrocotin[l.a hydrocodone

Shoreline is absolutely correct. For a further explanation, refer to the post "why no la. hydrocodone" on the bottom of the pain board page. Also, the correct suffix for long acting meds is coNtin as in oxycoNtin, ms coNtin, hydromorph coNtin, etc, not cotin without the middle "n". The suffix "contin" is an abbreviation for the word "coNtinuous" as in continuous release dosing. Here is the link for the other post regarding la hydrocodone.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=354733[/url]

Old 01-22-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
    madhatter
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

madhatter HB User
    Re: hydrocotin[l.a hydrocodone

Hi dave,hi group! I brought this topic up a long time ago.I was on another site[wich of course i can't say] and thats were they were saying hydro contin.I figured i'd bring it up,just in case there was any truth to it,you's on this board would of confirmed it.

Closed Thread