It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Stolen Meds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-13-2006, 02:07 PM   #16
    tina76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tina76 HB User
    Re: Stolen Meds

I now have one WEEKS supply. And unfortunately she is the only PM doc in my insurance plan. I was in this insurance plan for almost 2 years before I even got in with HER. If I DID switch it would be out of my insurance plan and there is just no way I could afford that.

You know, I never thought this would happen either. I 100% knew there was a possibilit that she would not refill early. But I thought it would be a "sorry this happened to you, but these are the rules" type conversation. I was prepared for that. I was prepared to have 2 weeks of pain until my next refill as that is what our contracts say. I never in a million years expected to walk in and have her start YELLING at me like that. Especially because I left them a message las tnight and they didn't call this morning. Adn I spent a half hour in the group meeting with Dan, her assistant and he never let on that she was ******. When I first got there he even asked me what had happened if anything new had transpired overnight,etc... He seemed very interested and as I told him the story he even went so far as to laugh at some of the ridiculous things the security guard had said and his exact words were "they are covering something". He completely BELIEVED me!!!!!! You could tell. It was obvious. I would have thought that if she was as angry as she was that he could have at least warned me about it since as I was telling him teh story of what happened I was already crying. But because HE seemed to believe me and they work together 100% I felt that she must be at the same mind-set. So it was even MORE of a shock to walk in and have her first words be a verrrrrry angry "we have a major problem here". I really wish I had had a tape recorder with me. Because she was SO mean to me I don't think anyone would believe it that knows her. I was just dumbfounded. It took me a few minutes to even find my own voice I was so shocked. But then of course I was not allowed to speak. I can't count how many times I heard "I don't want to hear it".

She also told me this was my "strike two". I asked her what my strike one was since I had absolutely NO idea. She said I called for an early refill last month. Which was technically NOT true. Yes, it was earlier than 30 days but that was because SHE raised my dosage!!!!!!!!!! When I got my last (before this one that got stolen) refill she filled it at 40mg a day. But she told me that if I was having break thru pain that I should take .5 mg each time, and to keep track of it. When I told Dan that I would run out early if I did that, he said that she had made a specific note on my chart that I would need my refill early. So, when I called early for my refill there was no trouble, they asked how many I was taking extra each day and they raised my dosage to 50mg a day. That is NOT a strike against me! That is what SHE told me to do!!! So when I said that she said, "oh well, now I remember that so I guess this is strike one...but stillll......" and then went back into her tirade against me.

I thought about calling them and asking them to drug test me. Because then they would easilty see that I have NOT been overusing and have been using my 50mg a day. But then I guess they could assume that I was selling them or something. Although if I was sellling my pills I would not up to my eyeballs in the debt that I am in!!! I just can't prove this to them. Even though the cops believed me that is not enough. I don't know why she is so ready to believe the worst of me when I do NOT have a history of this sort of thing... and she and I have gotten along SOOOO well over teh past 5 months.

I guess it hurst more than anything. I've been sitting here bawling my eyes out on and off all day. I feel betrayed almost. I thought I could trust her and that she trusted me. At least enough to hear me out and give me the benefit of the doubt. Which I guess she did because she did NOT drop me (yet at least). But she was so horrible about it.

Not to mention that when I DID have trouble with the vicodin (taking too much, etc...) I went to ALL of my doctors for help. INCLUDING her. She knows taht I don't want to be a drug addict. She knows that it is my biggest fear. I don't even hold my own meds! My brother does. I even tried to tell her to call my brother and he would tell her that he gave me 68 methadone when I left for the ER yesterday. She said no. I suppose she just thinks that he would lie for me. Which he wouldn't. Taht is why I have HIM hold my meds and not my roommmate and friend. He is NOT an enabler.

Last edited by tina76; 04-13-2006 at 02:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 02:19 PM   #17
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User

(((((((((((Tina))))))))))) I am so very sorry this has happened to you! I just signed a new contract with my doctor, and when we got to the part about having no replacements for lost or stolen meds, I said 'I have never in 10 years had my meds lost or stolen and if I ever did I would probably suffer through and not say anything'. The doctor gave me kind of a funny look. I think they don't realize how aware us CPers are of the consequences of losing or having meds stolen, when your situation proves we not only realize how serious it is, we all live in terror of it happening to us. You did nothing wrong here, And I hope after your doctor has time to calm down and realize how long you have been compliant, she will lighten up on you. If the worst happens, and she drops you, do NOT give up, you arent the first CPer to be in this situation and you won't be the last. you CAN move on from this and find pain management and the support and encouragement you need. I hope you dont have to find a new doctor, but if you do, hold your head up high and tell them the circumstances. This must seem like a total nightmare, but you will get through it, I promise. Please keep posting, we all care. Hugs, Fabby

Old 04-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #18
    tina76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tina76 HB User

I also wanted to thank all of you for your kind and caring posts. I really need them today. My friends, family,and even my boss' are also being quite wonderful. I had to demand that my best friend/roommate (the one who was with me yesterday) not call my doctor as I feel that would have made it all worse. She said she would not yell or anything but she wanted to tell the doc exactly what happened as a witness to prove i was not lying. But I feel that would make it worse since she didn't even want to hear it from me. But I appreciate the support so much. And everyone in my PM group today was incredibly sympathetic (including my doc's asst Dan) I just wish she could have foudn it in her heart to be teh same. Or at least cut out the yelling.

Old 04-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #19
    Sammiejoe
    (female)

Sammiejoe HB User

Tina:
    Sorry to hear about the way you were treated. It's ridiculous that a professional PM doc doesn't even want to hear the facts. If she thought you were lying, then why did she give you another rx??? Maybe she did believe you, but she decided you needed to be punished, so she reduced your dose to 40mg. In either case, I would start looking for a new PM doc and for the time being, request the police report be added to your chart.

Can I ask if you were given any narcotics at the ER? Have you been to this hospital before and if so, do you go there often? Because I'm thinking maybe the nurse or the security guard have done this before and if so, the police should have records of that. Also, call the hospital administrator and ask if they have any complaints like this on file? The more info you can get in your chart, the better it will look if you eventually need to find another PM doc.
    This might help repair your relationship with your current PM doc, especially if you can prove this sort of thing happened at this ER before.
    Maybe after some time goes by and your doc cools off, you can sit down and talk to her. I would try to explain to her that accidents happen and unfortunately, meds get stolen. The police always tell people who get robbed to just hand over whatever the bad guy/girl wants and money and material things can be replaced. That's not true for people in pain who need their meds. The way some of these PM docs act makes you feel like you should fight to your death with a gunman before handing over your meds or else.......your terminated as a patient.

Well, keep us posted and try to relax because anxiety just makes pain worse.
    Sammie

Old 04-13-2006, 03:10 PM   #20
    tina76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tina76 HB User

I have been to this ER a randomly over the past three years. The last time I was there was back in November when I had some torn ligaments (had to be admitted for 7 days before they figured it out). When I was there yesterday, yes they did give an injection of a narcotic. But that was at the instruction of my PM doc's assistant Dan. There was some confusion at first because the ER doc said "You shouldn't be here if you are in pain call your PM". To which I replied "I do not want pain meds, I am ehre because my gyno's office sent me here because she is not in and they want me to have an ultra sound and a thorough pelvic exam, etc.... Well the doctor then told me that he was not comfortable doing either exam because I was in too much pain and that he wanted to give me a narcotic pain shot. At that time I personally called my PM's office and had them get Dan on the phone to see what I should allow them to do since I did not really WANT any additional narcotics since I had taken my methadone for the day already. HE told the ER nurse to treat me under the same protocol that they would treat ANY patient that came in with my symptoms, if that meant giving me a narcotic shot, then that was what they needed to do. Especially because they would be seeing me today anway. This was all BEFORE the purse issue since my purse was gone for three hours before they brought it in. I also noticed today when in her office that she had my folder in front of her and there was a note on it saying "patient in ER yesterday, rec'd injection on my instruction, DAn" So maybe she was mad at him about that or something????? I have no idea. EVen so, still wouldn't be MY fault in the least. I didn't even WANY any injection. They didn't help anyway. And I knew they wouldn't. It was just pointless drugs pumped into my body. But it was on the instruction of my PM's office. And hour later they brought my purse in and the whole crap storm started.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:42 PM   #21
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

So sorry all this happened to you.

I'm just trying to think of WHY she might have reacted that way.

Don't let my post get to you... I'm just going to see if I can try and see where she was coming from.

You have talked about how you were addicted, or taking too much Vicodin before, and you went to get help from all your doctors, including her.

Maybe this is something she keeps a big watch on, and anything unusual is going to be more suspicious than someone who had never had the problem of taking too much Vicodin? You may not know how much she remembers it, but maybe it's something where you do one thing wrong, and she thinks it's the old "take too much of this" Tina.

That's really the BIG reason I feel she got SO mad. Sure, I don't know your whole history or her as a person, but I would think that would be something that she'll never really forget. She shouldn't forget that type of thing, ya know? I mean... that's something that certain people struggle with, and she's got to make sure people are following the rules.

Do I believe your story? Sure! I just was sitting here today trying to think how someone could react in the way she did. I honest to God think that's probably why she was the way she was today. What do you think about that? Do you think that's a big reason?

It might be letter time. I would be doing EVERY POSSIBLE thing to review those video tapes. Contact the HEAD of the hospital, explain your story, and say you WANT to have the tapes reviewed ASAP. Shoot, if it's something that's going to affect your quality of life, I would threaten legal action (haha). Seriously, I would do anything I could to watch those tapes, to see if there was anything on there.. to see who actually picked up your purse, if anyone who was there went through your purse before the nurses picked it up... etc etc.

I would go in there to the security guard and ask him why his story changed.

I usually let my Dr's walk all over me and treat me like crap and never speak my mind (if they ever get pissy or defensive)... but I wouldn't ever let some security guard at a hospital give me the run around. Those nurses would be getting accused by me and maybe my lawyer. "We have witness and video evidence that a particular person at this hospital has taken the contents of my client's purse. We will have no other choice but to take legal action if the contents of the purse are not returned to my client by (insert time here). If they are not returned, said person will face a lawsuit, and I will win. I'm very very very good." I would basically scare the crap out of them-make them believe there's evidence against them that could be very very damning.

Last edited by bulletinboard25; 04-13-2006 at 10:45 PM.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:10 PM   #22
    Chaswick
    Inactive
    (male)

Chaswick HB User

Hi Tina,

Sorry, hit enter too quick//CC

Last edited by Chaswick; 04-13-2006 at 11:21 PM. Reason: duplicate

Old 04-13-2006, 11:16 PM   #23
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

Yeah-I read your other post where you don't even hold on to your own medicine because of your past abuse. You told her he has to "give you your meds", and he had to give you your pills. So, you're already more of a risk than someone who hasn't abused their meds before. Now, if you take a step back, her reaction doesn't seem too unreasonable. She might have thought she was doing you a favor.

I'm just trying to get you to see why she might have reacted that way, and how it might not have been that unreasonable. It sucks bad, but it's actually probably more normal than you would think.

Last edited by bulletinboard25; 04-13-2006 at 11:18 PM.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:18 PM   #24
    Chaswick
    Inactive
    (male)

Chaswick HB User

Hi Tina,

I'm sorry that your Dr. reacted the way that she did. It must have been awful sitting there listening to her and if your Dr. was really out of control, then she has some problems. Sometimes though, it helps if you try and step back from it personaly and try to look at it objectively.

I don't know you and I have absolutely no reason to doubt anything you have said.

If I look at it from your Dr.'s point of view, maybe she was, albeit in a 'different' way trying to really emphasize how bad this situation was. You mentioned you were taking too much of a narcotic pain med. in the past and want to make sure that you never go down that road again. And that your Dr. remembers this. She also had a mistaken belief that you had just come in for an early fill (bad for her but with hundreds of patients it happens). So now you hit her with this one and she sees an all too familiar patternl.

You know that she has heard every excuse in the world from patients trying to get extra narcotics. It sounds like you have had a good relationship so she is obviously worried and upset that you might be having problems. Also, if someone has meds. that she prescribed it could reflect poorly on her as well.

Like I said I totally believe what you have said. But you don't have any iron-clad proof that they were stolen. You only have proof that your purse was not in your possesion for a time. It is easy to call the police and get a report written up and has probably been done a million times. People may have seen that you have an empty pill bottle, but they don't know that it was full an hour earlier.

It could be that she really wants to make sure that you know she is not a soft touch and that she expects you to look af ter your meds. better than you did. Maybe her way of reinforcing that is to come down hard on you in the office and to cut your dose back a bit to drive the point home even more. It sounds like she did not even consider leaving you without methadone and as was mentioned, many Dr.'s now days don't do what she did. It would have been very, very hard on you, I imagine, if she didn't write a new prescription for you.

Dave - Shoreline - was mentioned earlier and someone remembered that he had meds. stolen. His next door neighbour actually took 3/4ths of a month supply of his breakthru meds.. He took 4 a day and the theif took say 90 of the 120 that he had leaving him with just one per day. He is about as compliant a patient that I've ever met (and has been since I met him about seven or eight years ago).

He didn't even TELL his Dr. that they had been stolen. Even though they were taken from his house, the guy that took them also took off from his family after he took them and he had plenty of paperwork to back it up. He takes it so seriously that he didn't want his Dr. to even think for a second that he was taking too many. And he suffered for a month.

I hope that when you go in next week to see her things wiwll have started to return to normal and your relationship with her can start to heal - both ways.

Good luck!!//Chas

Old 04-13-2006, 11:25 PM   #25
    tina76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tina76 HB User

Oh I totally get what you are saying. Yes, I was very honest with her about my vicodin problems etc.... But she was extremely understanding and always told me to come to her and tell her if I felt I was having troubles etc... Any time I have felt that my dosage was not high enough I have told her and she has raised it with no questions etc.... So to me it seems weird that she would think that. If I wanted to or felt I needed to take more than she had prescribed I would have called her as I always have in the past. ALSO, if she thought I was abusing I would think that the easiest route to find out (and it is also one of the things I agree to in my contract) is a random drug test. If they were to test me today they would see right away that I am not abusing my meds and am taking the correct amounts. And since that's the number two list of rules on the contract, why wouldn't she have me do that?

The whole thing is really upsetting. Mostly because it was extremely unexpected. Yes, I figured she would be mad at me for being so STUPID as to leave my purse unattended. But accidents happen. Not to mention I was in the ER because I was pretty much delerious with pain at the time. I guess I just felt that she would want to sit down and have a talk with me about it. I fully expected her to ask me if I was on the up and up. To want me to give details of what happened. To want a copy of the police report....etc.... But she never even gave me the CHANCE to even tell her what happeend in the first place. All I told them in my message was that my meds were stolen at the ST Mary's ER and that I woudl talk to them about it when I saw them Thursday. Well, the situation was not that simply. My bank cards were also stolen along with all of my cash, etc... It's not like I was saying I had a party and a houseguest stole my meds. This was situation with the police involved, etc.... But she doesn't even KNOW that because she never gave me a chance to tell her. I guess I feel now that I am being punished for ever being honest with my doctors about the vicodin. Even though they all commended me for my honesty at the time. So what now the first time there is a problem they assume I'm lying and when I try to tell them the very factual details she tells "I don't want to hear it". What??? It was tried and convicted without her even hearing what happened??? I had the police officer's name, etc... that I talked to last night for her to talk to etc... but she wouldn't let me even give it to her. I have PROOF that I am not lying. Not video proof or anything but I was fully believed by the police and was even told that this was "not the first time this has happened" at that particular hospital!!!

I don't know. I just keep getting more and more upset about this situation. The fact that she refused to even let me SPEAK is very upsetting. The fact that she YELLED at me to the point that I was in tears ( I am NOT a crier), sobbing even, really makes me angry now. She treated me like I was the dirtiest, lowliest, most disgusting liar on the face of the planet. And she never even heard the details of what had happened. Even if she was prone to believe that I was back to abusing meds she should have at least given me the chance to plead my case. Offer to be drug tested. Anythign she wanted. I did not ONCE ask for her to refill my stolen meds. In fact I said the exact opposite both on my phone message to them and when I saw her today. That I understood that my contract clearly states that I cannot get an early refill on stolen meds. I was prepared for the two weeks of w/d. Sure I was HOPING they would cut me a break considering the circumstances, but honestly, I would rather go thru the w/d than to have to be dealing with all of this emotional abuse now. Especially the constant threat of "we'll see if we keep you on after next week" comment. So she refills for a week and then maybe I'll get dumped next week. It's like she is psychologically punishing me or something. If she is going to drop me from the program she should just drop me right? Not mess with my head like this.

LIke I said before too... I feel I was totally ambushed when I went in there. When I spoke to her assistant this morning and was telling him the details fo what happened etc... he was all for believing me. He even went so fas as to say that "no refills on stolen meds" comment was more for the FDA than anything. That they have to put that on there to try and be in complete compliance with them and that really it went more by a case by case basis and in a situation like mine with a police report and all that he was sure they'd be able to work something out. So I walked in her office assuming that she was gonig to be irritated but at least believing that I wasn't LYING about it. I mean he is her ONLY assistant. They work side by side all day long. If she was that angry he would have had to have known. You'd think he could have at least given me some sort of warning "DR. B is really upset about this, just so you know" or SOMETHING. But instead he led me to believe the exact opposite. So I get in her office and before I can even close the door she is YELLING at me. Which personally I don't feel she ever should have done whether I was lying or not.

Honestly, I wasn't even going to tell them. Yesterday when it happened I figured I was SOL anyway with my contract saying no refills etc... So I figured there was no point in even telliing them that the meds were stolen. But then the hospital said that they would be putting a note in my chart that this happened and that goes back to my regular Doc's office. I didn't want them to see it and think that I was hiding it from them for some reason since she has always been so adament about my being able to "come to her with anything at all". Well that was a crock. I feel like I would have been received better if I had walked in and told her that I was taking double my dose and just couldn't help myself. I know that sounds crazy but I really feel that way. Evne though it wasn't true I just get this feeling they would have liked that reason better. Poor druggie Tina just can't help herself, they give me all this support and sympathy. But when something awful happens and I get my purse robbed (and not just of my meds, I had to change my bank acct number, etc... it's big frigging hastle actually not to metnion my missing cash, not that she knows ANY Of this since she wouldn't let me tell her, as far as she knows it was just my methadone that got stolen because every time I tried to tell her what hapepend she said "I don't want to hear it") I get in TROUBLE for it. It just doesn't make any sense.

I have never had someone make me feel like such a low life in my entire life. I felt like a crumb of dirt when I walked out of her office. No one has ever made me feel like that except for my abusive ex-boyfriend. I never thought that I would be treated like that from anyone again, let alone this doctor that I have thought was SO wonderful and understanding.

And you know, I'm scared right now. I'm scared that I am going to get dropped from her clinic. And this was the ONLY place I can go. And if she drops me even if I DO find a new clinic and somehow come up with teh cash to pay for it, who is going to treat me? Thre are not many PM clinics in my area. It took me 2 years to get in to hers. The past 4 months have been the best 4 months that I have had in the past 7 years. It's the first time in that time that I have been able to lead a somewhat "normal" life. To walk to my dog, to go out with friends, to get up every day and to not have to grimace in pain every time I move. It's been a godsend to me. I've said that many times on this board. I don't know what I will do if she kicks me out of the clinic. I don't know how I can go back to living in all that pain again after having a taste of an at least somewhat pain-free existance. I don't think I could handle going back to a 9-10 pain scale every day. Not after being free of it. I'm terrified right now. And I feel like she has put me in this limbo on purpose. To punish me. Along with lowering my meds. How is having my meds stolen a reason that my pain level has diminished? She felt I needed 50mg last week? But this week after they are stolen my pain is less? Of course not. I feel like I am being punished. That I have to have more pain than usual...AND I have to sit here in fear the next 7 days wondering if when I call next Thursday if they are going to drop me.

I'm afraid to even call her again. Honestly. What if my pain increases? I'll never be able to tell her that again even if she does keep me on. I'll feel every time thta she thinks I am lying. I did a stupid thing leaving my purse in the waiting room. But I am NOT lying. It happened. A video tape SHOWS me leaving it there. Now who pilfered thru it I might never know. But someone did. They stole my money. They stole my credit card. They stole two different medications from me. That was a nightmare all on it's own. And now I feel like it is just never going to end.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:41 PM   #26
    tina76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tina76 HB User

I get what everyone is saying about why she would be concerened and also why she would have doubts in my story. I have never said I felt she should believe me right off the bat. My point first and foremost is tht no matter what should she have YELLED at me? And yes, she did yell. She actually had to close teh door because it was so loud. Was taht really necessary to raise her voice when I had not even said a word? And also, yes, she has EVERY reason not to believe me given my past (although I have NEVER lied to her and have been 100% up front about my previous problems) but doesnt' anyone feel that she should have at least let me TELL her what happened? She would not even let me talk. She would not even let me try to tell her what happened. She doesn't even KNOW my bank cards were stolen, etc... She jumped to one conclusion and there was no room for discussion. I'm sorry, maybe I am biased...but I really felt like she could have at least LISTENED to me and then decided whether or not to believe me. Yes, I realize I am lucky to have the refill. But as I said before, I would rather suffer through the w/d (and yes, I know how bad tht would be, I've been there before) than to have someone talk to me and treat me like she did. I am not some sort of despicable human being that is not worth anything. And that is how I was spoken to. I guess I just feel that even if I WAS lying, which I am absolutely NOT doing, she should not have yelled at me like that. I was never given a chance. I guess I thought I would at least deserve that. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. But I just thought someone should be able to tell the doctor what happened before judgement is passed. Btu I guess in her office that is not how it works. Maybe I am naive to think that I should have been given that opportunity.

Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 PM   #27
    Chaswick
    Inactive
    (male)

Chaswick HB User

Hi Tina, I obviously agree with alot of what BB had to say, but not all. And with what you say as well.

I think you should do your best to put a period and move on from here. You can prove that you cancelled your credit cards and bank cards. You have proof that you left your purse unattended. You have proof that your pill bottle was in your purse. You have proof that a nurse and/or security guard had possesion of your purse, but you don't have proof that anybody took your pills. Unless you have a video showing someone opening your pill bottle and putting something in your pocket.

Like I said before, I wouldn't be surprised if the President of the hospital stole the pills from your purse. But I would at astonished if the guard, 3 nurses and the janitor all got together and made up a story so he wouldn't get caught. There must be some very good people at the hospital and proud and honest people and if you go around making accusations and trying to cast doubt, or bluff them into admitting something, it is going to do nothing to help yourself.

I think you would do yourself the biggest favor if you put a period an moved on. If you want to get something in your file about the incident, be as brief and as removed as you can be and give it to your Dr. asking her to put a copy in your file. If you keep flogging this dead horse you are only going to make yourself look bad.

If you sit back and try to imagine 2 weeks of withdrawals I imagine it wouldn't be a very pretty thing. I imagine it would be awful. Since your Dr. did write you a refill, at a bit of a lower dose, you do have some trust built up. If she was going to drop you she would have done it today I think. I'm sure that your conversation at your next appt. will be alot better and you can start rebuilding any trust issue that may have been ripped a bit.

J. M. P. O.

Good luck//Chaz

Old 04-14-2006, 12:03 AM   #28
    Chaswick
    Inactive
    (male)

Chaswick HB User

Tina,

"should she have YELLED at me?"

If I didn't say that this was an awful thing to do (I think I did in an earlier post) I'll say it here. NO. She should not have yelled at you and she should have at least listened to what you had to say about it. Absolutely no question about that. If I had been in your position I don't know what I would have done. She behaved poorly.

I think what some of us are doing is trying to come up with a plausible reason as far as WHY she would have reacted like that. She probably thought that she had heard it all before and you know what, she probably has, but it was juvenile of her to react the way that she did regardless of what she was trying to accomplish. I know I wasn't excusing her behaviour only looking to the future.

My thinking is that from your previous posts you have had a hard time finding someone to treat you with pain meds. and I would hate to see you lose that. Is it worth eating some crow? If I was in your place, I would say yes, but that is your call.

We are on your side!!//Chaz

Old 04-14-2006, 01:11 AM   #29
    bulletinboard25
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

bulletinboard25 HB User

Yeah, I wasn't trying to do anything other than try to figure out why she might have reacted the way she did.

Why would you just want to let it go? I don't agree with Chas at all. Say she drops you from the practice, and you're flagged...and you didn't do anything about it and you're left with disabiling pain, is that something you can live with? Once you're flagged, you're flagged. Why wouldn't you want to review the videos?

This happened to my mother at a Walmart. Something was stolen from her purse while it was left unattended...she didn't give up until someone let her watch the video tape w/ the security guards and general manager. Guess what happened? The video showed an EMPLOYEE taking her wallet from her purse. That's right. She was able to recover all that was stolen, even though she had already cancelled her credit cards.

This is your life, seriously. The purse might have been in video range when it was left unattended where it could prove that someone else (maybe not a nurse) took your medicine. Well, you may not get the meds back, but your proof just was validated in the process. That sounds like a wonderful thing to me!

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. People are going to disagree with what everyone suggests- only you know your situation.

Old 04-14-2006, 01:52 AM   #30
    Chaswick
    Inactive
    (male)

Chaswick HB User

Hey B.B.,

I don't disagree at all with what your last message said. If she can find a video of someone going thru her purse, or even someone taking it (and much could be determined with 'how' the person took it) then I say go all out and do it.

I thought that she said there were no video cameras that showed the place it was taken from. I went back to Tina's initial post and she said

--------------------

"Well when the security guard came in HE told me that NO security guard saw it, that a patient pointed it out to a nurse who then took it to the nurses station (where there are NO video cameras of course) and then the nurses contaced security

----------------
    If there is a possibility it could be on tape somewhere I'd act immedicately to get my hands on the tape before they get taped over the day in question.

If there is no way to prove anything I said she should write a letter to the Dr. to put in her file about the incident. And to make sure that she kept it on point. If she rehashes things over and over I think it would come off in a negative way.

I think that your messages were excellent!!

Cheers//Chaz

Closed Thread