It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Tingling feet is it a side effect? Starting to worry

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
    Wingsoflove

Wingsoflove HB User
    Question Tingling feet is it a side effect? Starting to worry

Hi, I have been taking a muscle relaxant to help the effects of my other medications work better. I have been taking Baclofen. And have recently been given a new muscle relaxant I'm supposed to take instead. I haven't tried it yet. I know these two medications are given to people with MS. I don't have MS.
    My question is concerning a side effect I'm having. Or I think it's a side effect. I have never had this before. But starting around 3 weeks ago I have started to get a numb tingling feeling in my feet. If I had to describe it. I would say it feels like I rubbed bengayy or icy hot on the bottom of my foot. And I get this feeling on the top of my right foot. I've also had this feeling in my right hand a few times. I doesn't hurt like serious pain, it just feels weird and is kind of scaring me. At first I thought it was because of the cold weather, but now it's starting to warm up, so I don't think it can be that. Could it be because I'm taking medication for MS suffers? Am I'm now getting a symptom of MS? I know people with MS get numb feet. Or is this a side affect from using muscle relaxants? I have been taking Baclofen for about 3 months. I don't know if a side effect can happen 3 months later? Should I tell my doctor? Or should I give it more time to see if it goes away? Would I tell my PM doctor? Or my regular doctor? Has this happened to anyone taking these medications before? Sorry for all the questions. Please share anything you can.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2006, 09:15 AM   #2
    Kissa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Kissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB UserKissa HB User
    Re: Tingling feet is it a side effect? Starting to worry

It could be a side effect of the medications. I've been on Baclofen a while and never noticed anything more than stomache pain but everyone is different. It could also be that you have a pinched nerve in your spine as well. I would mention it to your doctor to be on the safe side.

Old 04-15-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
    mpvt
    Inactive
    (male)

mpvt HB User

Any time you have numbness or tingling ect you need to have a doctor address it.Neurological disorders can come and go but it's best to have this looked at asap especially when it's happening in more than one spot.Good luck and let us know how you make out........Dave

Old 04-15-2006, 11:22 AM   #4
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Hi Wings, and welcome to the boards! I agree with Dave and Kissa, I also have taken baclofen for over a year and never noticed what you are describing, But I do know that tingling in the hands or feet can be caused by a bazillion things, including disc problems, diabetes, and circulation. Best bet is to have a doctor get to the bottom of things. Good luck and keep posting, we want to know what happens with you. Hugs, Fabby

Old 04-15-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
    Wingsoflove

Wingsoflove HB User

Hello,
    I'm going to mention it to my doctor like suggested. Do you think waiting until my next PM visit would be to long to wait, unless things get worst? My next appointment is in May. I just hate calling. Should I tell my PM doctor or regular doctor? Thanx for the replies I have been trying to ignore it, hoping it will just go away. I know that is a stupid thing to do. I just worry.

Closed Thread