It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Question about TizanidineHCL (for Zanaflex)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2006, 05:25 PM   #1
    Queenneeee
    (female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User
    Question about TizanidineHCL (for Zanaflex)

I know quite a few people on these boards are on muscle relaxers. I am also but I have never heard anyone mention Tizanidine (for Zanaflex) which I am on. I would like to know if anyone is or has ever used this . I am wondering if it is comparable to the more popular ones everyone is on. I take one 4mmg. twice a day and two at night . I do not notice much help from it and it makes very 'lazy' during the day . I would not say it makes me very sleepy but just 'lazy'. Thanks in advance for any info....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
    Re: Question about TizanidineHCL (for Zanaflex)

Queen,

I have taken tizanidine for almost a year.I found it more effective than flexeril.It targets the central nervous system and contains a mild anti-depresent.I'm on 8mg 4x a day plus 20 mg baclofen 4x a day.The tizanidine does make me sluggish.The tizanidine was not very effective for me alone.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
    Queenneeee
    (female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

thanks Nuffs3 for responding. Good I was wondering if it was as good as or better than flexeral because that is what I hear alot about on this site. May I ask what the baclofen does ?? I was thinking maybe of asking my doctor to see if I should increase my dosage of Tizanidine because I would like to see more relief but I was afraid it might make me too tired during the day, I see you do have a higher dosage per day than me even. Thanks again ... good luck to you

Old 08-19-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Queen,

The baclofen is also for muscle spasms.It works essentially the same as tizanadine,without making you drowsie.The tizanidine has an added very mild anti-depressant as where the baclofen doesn't.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:12 PM   #5
    jesses5
    (male)

jesses5 HB User

I have taken many kinds of relaxers. Tizanidine is unique in what it did to me. My doctor told me that it was a short acting (8 hours or less) muscle relaxer that would make my muscles feel like they're melting. I took it at around 5pm as soon as I got the prescription filled.

I didn't feel anything for a few hours, but I took it on a full stomach which may be why it took so long to work. It made me feel very relaxed and tired and I feel asleep. I had a very hard time waking up the next morning. My muscles literally felt like jelly. I felt almost weightless.

My muscles had a noticable drop in muscle tone, which is actually the principle action of the drug, to reduce muscle tone. [removed]

I tried to go to work but when I got to work around 9am, the medicine was still going strong and I had a very hard time concentrating and I had to go home sick. The medicine didn't wear off until 5pm that night, so roughly 24 hours.

Last edited by HBMod07; 08-19-2006 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Posting URL's that contain other posting boards is not permitted

Closed Thread