It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Long-term use and tolerance.....end result???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #16
    zuzu23
    Inactive
    (female)

zuzu23 HB User
    Re: Long-term use and tolerance.....end result???

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Director
    Hey Zuzu: You have those tabs of Morphine Statex that you say makes you ill. Have you ever tried taking them as a suppository? It can be done. If you have the blue pills, they are 10 mg and should be more than enough to stave off the withdrawals from the Percoset. What do the directions say? Does it say you can take two (20 mg), as it might take more than one to keep the wd's at bay.

Hang in there, you've got a lot of people trying to help you.

As a suppository?? The pills? Or a different kind? lol And how much should I take then....10 mg says 1-2 every 4 hours. Also, my amitriptiline I was asking about...it's only 10mg and says I can only take 1 at bedtime lol. I've already heard how low this is.....and I've tried it probably about 4 or 5 times in the last few years, always complained that it did nothing (I really did believe they were placebo/water pills lol) but my doc's never upped the dose. Anyways, what WOULD be a therapeutic dose for this? When I see the other doctor on Monday, I'll try again to get a higher dose of this too.

Thanks for the help and warm thoughts Director. Hope this nightmare's over soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2006, 10:23 AM   #17
    twisten
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twisten HB User

Director what exactly is morphine statex? I've never heard of it before. Zuzu I would ask your doc about trying 50 mg of the amitryptaline. I had said before I was on 100mg of that but I was wrong I was actually on 150mg and it didn't help so my neurologist took me off of it. I couldn't get my gp to do that because she was determined it should be helping me. Some doctors don't seem to realize that what works for one patient won't necessarily work for the next.

Old 12-02-2006, 02:11 PM   #18
    Rrector
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Rrector HB UserRrector HB User

You actually use the pill itself as a suppository. It is used exactly like you would if it was a suppository. 20 mg should help, as you get better absorbtion through that means than orally. Take it orally, if it doesn't make you sick.

Twisten, it's a Morphine IR and sold in Canada only, I believe. At least not in the US.

Zuzu, The Amitripyline is Elavil and I'm on 50 mg. at bedtime right now.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:15 PM   #19
    zuzu23
    Inactive
    (female)

zuzu23 HB User

So by using it as a suppository, my side effects from it might be minimized? And I's use 2 at a time, how often? Because taken orally like I have for 2 days now, I'm sleeping 14 hours or more at night, have this fuzzy head like I get with codeine as well, nauseaous, and it almost feels like there's a warmth spreading from one temple on my head to the other. It's very weird and an uncomfortable feeling.

Closed Thread