It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• UPDATE to "My doc's taking off for a month"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
    zuzu23
    Inactive
    (female)

zuzu23 HB User
    Thumbs up UPDATE to "My doc's taking off for a month"

I posted about calling last week to book my next appointment....and discovering that my doctor basically took off and won't be back until December 21st....about 3 whole weeks after I will run out of medicine. I said later that I was going to try to find a doctor i the next big city (3 hours away/each way.)

Well, after talking to a close friend who lives there, he gave me the number of his doctor nd said he's gotten Triplicate meds. (same as I take) from him (spports injury, takes maybe 10/year.) I called first thing this morning (8:45 a.m. lol) and just spoke to the nurse. I told her everything,and she was actually sympathetic (thank God, someone who understands chronic pain) and told me to see this one doctor at the clinic, gave me the walk-in hours for him, the address, and easy directions since I live out of town. She said obviously she couldn't guarantee anything....but just to try. She told me to bring as much from my doctor as possible (any tests or reports, statement that I do have chronic pain, etc.) and also a statement from my pharmacy showing how often I take it.

I'm relieved that there's a chance this problem will be taken care of...been literally worried sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread