It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Fentanyl patch residue...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
    Fentanyl patch residue...

Hi,
    I know there was a post somewhere awhile back with some ideas for getting the icky glue residue off of us, but I found something yesterday that works wonders!
    I had some Clinique eye makeup remover that i hadnt used forever, and was going to toss it, and tried it just for the heck of it, and it was one swipe and every bit was off. I couldnt believe it.
    So ANY kind of eye makeup remover would work, Id presume.
    I tried to look on the bottle for some ingredients in case someone didnt have the remover, but something comparable, and there isnt any because its a small sample.
    Just thought id pass it along
    xoxoxoxoxo
    IZZY'SMOM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #2
    forginon
    Inactive
    (male)

forginon HB User
    Re: Fentanyl patch residue...

I wish I'd known about that when I was on the patch.

Great find.

It doesn't irritate at all? I found that the skin under my patches was always a bit irritated for awhile and I had to be careful what got on that skin.

Again, great find!

Old 01-13-2007, 03:33 PM   #3
    Jenelle
    (female)

Jenelle HB User

Re: eye makeup remover tip Yes, I tried many brands, including Clinique, Lancome, etc. and found that Ponds eye makeup remover (looks like oil and water split in the bottle), works the best for Fentanly residue removal. Dab some on the residue, wait a few seconds and swipe off with a piece of gauze roll or cotton if you don't have gauze, which grips the goo a bit better. I spent time in the stage makeup field which demands solutions to special effect products and I know anyone on the Fentanyl patch will find this to be the best solution to remove the residue. Letting the remover sit for just a few breaths (10 seconds or so) will make the difference and you won't have the residue problem anymore.

Old 01-13-2007, 03:42 PM   #4
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Thanks for the feedback~ Now I have a reason for all of that crappy stuff they throw in when I buy cosmetics!
    xoxoxoxox
    IZZY'SMOM
    PS That stuff literally sat in my cosmetic drawer for 7-8 months. Can u believe it? And I tried EVERYTHING! Too funny~ I hope that it can help everyone else out there.

Steve...Not a bit, NO irritation nothing. And the Ponds is alot less expensive, if it works, thats great. I wish you would have known too.

Last edited by IZZY'SMOM; 01-13-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Closed Thread