It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Tailbone Pain - Any Remedies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-19-2007, 08:30 AM   #1
    DarinsMom
    (female)

DarinsMom HB User
    Unhappy Tailbone Pain - Any Remedies?

Hi All
    I'm brand new to these boards and I'm hoping someone can help me. I bruised my tailbone back in Nov 2003 when I delivered my son. Since then I've seen 2 chiropractors, 1 spinal surgeon, a neurologist and an orthopaedic surgeon and NOBODY can allieviate this pain.

It has certainly subsided over the 3 years but it's very frustrating to be a healthy (almost 34) yr old woman and have a constant ache in my lower back/tailbone.

Does anyone have any advice for relief?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
    coastline
    (male)

coastline HB User
    Re: Tailbone Pain - Any Remedies?

I saw your post about tail bone pain and I just wanted to let you know what I had experienced. I had terrible back problems and my PM doctor wanted to do 3 sets of injections on my back. He did 3 shots above my scar from a previous surgery, then did 3 more shots below the scar with no reduction in pain. These were cortisone shots. He then wanted to do 3 more near my tail bone. I was in so much pain with my back that I could just mentally block out the pain of these shots long enough to endure them. My wife was watching when he did all of them including the last three where he injected me in my tail bone. My wife told me after the procedure that he bent his needle on my tail bone and my tail bone killed me for months and months and finally the pain subsided.

It was my personal experience that just plain old TIME had passed before I recieved any relief from this procedure he did on me. It is so terrible I certainly can feel your pain as it really bothered me. I just pray that in TIME, you pain will subside and won't bother you in the future. If it is really bad have you went to your primary doctor to see if their was any type of test or procedure that could be done to reduce or eliminate this pain. Maybe you need some mild medicine to help you with the pain until it subsided. I am so thankful that mine went away, but it took TIME in order for that to happen.

Good luck and God Bless. Jeff

Old 01-25-2007, 12:05 AM   #3
    janwooden
    (female)

janwooden HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by coastline View Post
    I saw your post about tail bone pain and I just wanted to let you know what I had experienced. I had terrible back problems and my PM doctor wanted to do 3 sets of injections on my back. He did 3 shots above my scar from a previous surgery, then did 3 more shots below the scar with no reduction in pain. These were cortisone shots. He then wanted to do 3 more near my tail bone. I was in so much pain with my back that I could just mentally block out the pain of these shots long enough to endure them. My wife was watching when he did all of them including the last three where he injected me in my tail bone. My wife told me after the procedure that he bent his needle on my tail bone and my tail bone killed me for months and months and finally the pain subsided.

It was my personal experience that just plain old TIME had passed before I recieved any relief from this procedure he did on me. It is so terrible I certainly can feel your pain as it really bothered me. I just pray that in TIME, you pain will subside and won't bother you in the future. If it is really bad have you went to your primary doctor to see if their was any type of test or procedure that could be done to reduce or eliminate this pain. Maybe you need some mild medicine to help you with the pain until it subsided. I am so thankful that mine went away, but it took TIME in order for that to happen.

Good luck and God Bless. Jeff
    have chronic tailbone pain. Well the way it happened is the only way I can explaine how baddly scarred it is.

I fell from bed, Broke my tailbone it was a tall pillowtop up off the floor, then my exhusband when we were married began to force me to have anal sex with him, I was also a new mother nursing an 8month old baby when I fell.

I was working full time sittng all day long as a data entry clerk, once a week or so Taro my exhusband would analy force himself on me, each week he would force the bone an inch or two more bent backwards, inch by inch my tailbone got pushed up to a 90% angle to the spine,

I was in pain, I asked the nurse at the doctors office for help, I told her I fell and was in pain and wanted an x-ray.

I was too embarrassed to tell her what he was doing she was older and judgemental enough and I didn't know if she might help me or make fun of me for not fighting him and hurting him or pulling a gun on him or whatever..anyway...he hurt me each week, each month for 9 months

My tailbone was bent completely off and backwards and wiggling loose under my buttcrack skin. I complained to my chiropractor that I was throwing my back out at work constantly because I was compensating for a broken painful tailbone..that felt like I had had a railroad tie nail hammered into the base of my spine and about 4 inches above my anus hole.

He asked me for permission to put his hand down my spine and palpatate my talibone area, I knew him well and knew his wife and family, so I said ok sure...he put his hand down there and said OH Hell I can feel it wiggling....it moves back and forth about an inch in each direction...you need an xray now...he said his xray machine was broken.

I went to my regular DO and while there he waltzed out with the finished xray and then got a ghostly look on his face and offered me drugs, then surgery was scheduled within a week and the thing taken out. That was in Aug,1989. I hve been living on vicodin or some other narcotic pain meds since

The doctors are doleing them out slowly and cautiously not giveing me more than 30 to 60 pills a month, I have also had 3 low back pain blocks done epidurmally and 3 neck blocks done...the neck blocks helped for the most part...the pain clinic doctors said there is nothing that can be done for my tailbone scar and the pain I get when I sit now.

The doctors at the pain clinics said that they could not put nerve blocks down that low on my spine for pain or in that area, that it might cause me loose control of my bowels and be in adult diapers for the rest of my life. Two different pain clinic doctors have said the same thing.

The bone is gone, the pain remains...not as sharp or accute upon sitting as it was then...it was on a scale from 1-10 in June 1989 well it was about a 15 on the pain scale...now it is between 8 and 10 on the pain scale if I only sit for 2 hours or less. When I sit for more than 2 hours well it gets up to 15 on the pain scale again and my legs start going numb and I cannot walk alone when I get up from sitting.

I do lay around like a lazy couch potato most of the time now, it is all I can do.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
    Katirina
    (female)

Katirina HB User

I also suffer from tailbone pain. I broke mine about 29 yrs ago and the pain went away but it is now causing me a lot of discomfort. I also suffer from spinal stenosis that cause pain in my legs and hips. I have a lot of arthritis that could also be the problem. Anyway, I am now going to a Pain Clinic and I asked if his shots could help with the pain and the doctor is trying to give me shots that will relieve that pain as well as my other. Try a Pain Clinic and I would like to know how you do.

Old 01-25-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Jan- I hope your ex hubby has the same thing happen to him

Darinsmom- I used to be a competitive figure skater. I have fallen on mine many times, and still have pain, and my doc says it just takes plain old time. It only bothers me now if i fall down or sit dawn really hard. It doesnt hurt chronically.
    But i remember when Id fall, it took a lot of time and it would heal, but usually id have it happen again.
    Hope you get some relief soon!~
    xoxoxoxoxo,
    IZZY'SMOM

Closed Thread