It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• generic or brand name

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2007, 12:14 PM   #1
    len.b
    (male)

len.b HB User
    generic or brand name

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same way I do I
    was taking the oxycodone IR brand name for one week ...
    Next week changed pharmacy they gave me generic oxycodoneIR
    to me the doses were not equal, felt like the pills were only half the strenght.
    Like the brand name pills were twice as strong as the generic....

anyone have this problem?

thank you

len.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User
    Re: generic or brand name

I am going to try brand on my next refill. Although I dont take the same med as you, I'll let you know what I think~
    xoxoxoxo,
    IZZYSMOM

Old 01-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
    butrfligirl28
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by IZZY'SMOM View Post
    I am going to try brand on my next refill. Although I dont take the same med as you, I'll let you know what I think~
    xoxoxoxo,
    IZZYSMOM
    I've noticed a big difference, but between generic brands....never tried the brand name. This happened accidently when the pharmacy was out of their normal generic and filled with another. I now only ask for specific generic brands for both my oxycontin and percocet for break-thru. My pharmacy did not have my normal generic last time, and I had to fill with another. My pain levels have been much higher this month.........the pharmacists will tell you that they are all the same, but I disagree. Try switching generic brands before paying alot for name brand.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:01 AM   #4
    conductor
    Veteran
    (male)

conductor HB User

Both of my parents have been on Endocet--a generic type of Percocet. When our pharmacy could not obtain Endocet (through some sort of problem with their wholesaler), they were both given another generic version of Percocet simply labeled Oxycodone/APAP 10/325.

Within a few days, both of my parents were complaining of unusually high levels of pain. At first, I wasn't aware of the different medication. But, after a little detective work, I came to realize that this change MUST have something to do with their pain--and they are not usually complainers (at least compared to me).

Well, as soon as they were back on the Endocet, life was much happier for all of us!!

I can't pass up this chance to once again mention the significant difference between the two generic versions of the Duragesic Patch. For me, the Sandoz version (made by Janssen, who manufactures Duragesic in the same lab) is superior in every possible way to the Mylan version.

However, I must point out that there are probably an equal amount of people who believe that the Mylan version is the better of the two generics. Our bodies all function differently--or so it seems.

Sincerely,
    Jon (Conductor)

Closed Thread