It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Cymbalta causing my headaches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
    youngone00
    (male)

youngone00 HB User
    Cymbalta causing my headaches?

Hey everybody. Ive only been on Cymbalta for there days now, and the last two Ive had a terrible Migraine. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this, because I dont see it really listed at a common side effect when I google'd it. It may be that I just have a headache, I dont know.

Thanks

Bryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 04:48 AM   #2
    ozzybug
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB Userozzybug HB User
    Re: Cymbalta causing my headaches?

Bryan-
    Read the thread by KathyMac about more Cymbalta questions. I listed my experience with it. Part of that was a horrid migraine that wouldn't go away. It caused my blood pressure to skyrocket so badly that I could have had a stroke. My headache started the day I started using it and NEVER went away.

You have only been on it for 3 days, so it could be that you still need to give it some more time as headache is listed as one of the possible side effects that may or may not subside with use. My advice is to go to a local pharmacy and check your blood pressure to make sure the Cymbalta isn't causing it to go up. If your blood pressure is elevated, then immediately call your doctor and let him/her know about it.

It might be a good idea to call them and let them know anyway since you aren't having just a headache, but a migraine. Please let us know how it goes.

I do hope this will be a temporary thing and that you will be able to continue using the Cymbalta, because I've heard so many great things about how well it works with chronic pain/nerve pain & depression issues as well.

Take care!

Closed Thread