It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Pain Relief

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
    Xerphon
    (male)

Xerphon HB User
    Pain Relief

A little back story. I've been living with back pain and leg pain for the past 10 years. I was in a dirt bike accident and fractured my left femur bone. To this day it aches, and in bad weather it's worse. I've also had back problems and consistent pain in my lower, mid, and upper back for the past 10 years. I was hit by a car and have had pains ever since. If I stand for more than 30 minutes I have to sit down to try and alleviate some pain.

This past week, I had attempted to help my uncle lift a "Snap-On" tool chest, probably about 500 lbs. Once we got it off the truck, my back completely gave out and I felt all the muscles in my back strain, but I couldn't drop it or else I would have broke my feet. I held on for a few seconds and then I felt my back completely give out and I dropped to the ground in pain. I went to the ER, they took X-Rays, said that I had tore the muscles off my ribs.

I've lived with pain for awhile now, but due to the recent injury it's completely unbearable. I can't sleep, if I move I wake up in pain. They had prescribed me Percocet 5MG, Naproxen 500MG, and Raboxen. Sadly, none of these are taking the pain away. I take the percocets and I have to take about 4-5 of them before it starts to alleviate the pain to where I can manage.

When I broke my leg I was on the strongest pain medications out there, and I'm guessing this to be the reason why the percocet's aren't helping that much. Well, they do if I take enough of them, but they give me a headache... I'm guessing becuase of the tylenol. Today I was referred to a different doctor, I was just wondering what I should do. Should I tell him that the percocet does work, but that I have to take more than I'm supposed to? I don't want to come off like I'm looking for drugs, but I can't deal with this pain any longer. Thanks in advance, I'm 22 if that matters.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #2
    Katirina
    (female)

Katirina HB User
    Re: Pain Relief

Tell your doctor that the medicine is not working at the dose you have. I just did that because I was in so much pain also. Doctor's don't know if you don't tell them. Good luck.

Old 02-20-2007, 03:36 PM   #3
    Xerphon
    (male)

Xerphon HB User

Thanks for the advice. I went and was completely honest with him, I ended up getting Oxycodone 30MG. I just took one and the pain is at a bearable level.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
    chaz13
    (male)

chaz13 HB User

I take the same for my back and they work well. A word to the wise, don't lift heavy objects if you have a back problem. I'm 31 and have had back problems for 10+ years. I do everything I can to avoid heavy lifting. Don't try to be macho and agree to help people move heavy objects, it's not worth it. If friends ask me to help them move I tell them I'll help but I can't lift anything heavy. Trust me you don't want to do any more damage.

Closed Thread