It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• very scared my turn to vent

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2007, 08:01 PM   #1
    zoey1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zoey1 HB User
    very scared my turn to vent

Ok folks we are in a scary situation and i need your good thoughts prayers
    1st we were hit by today is devestating news about kiddos tour being extended . We were expecting him home May 17 now 8 more months .
    After that kick in the heart, hubby got the famous pink slip downsizing from work.
    Our insurance runs out end of month. I was suppose to have surgery now that is cancled. I have mega health issues. We have a meeting with my various docs over next few days to see what programs we qualify for the many meds i have to take. We are going to seek out help now to (which we never had to do before )
    Before this came down hip was really bad and had 3 appointments in a row while rhumy was trying to get a devistating flare up under control.. This was before bad news day. I always had plipospy it could be worse.... Here it is.
    Any how prayers for my kiddo esepicaly to be ok, prayers for me that the bad flare up eases up and of course good wishes for his hunt.
    Oh we were never spenders always did things cheap and know how to scrimp. We also have the typical 3 months savings ( thank god)
    So if bleive offer up prayers for son, hubby, and me and thanks for letting me vent , sometime life just plain sucks........
    Weird thing is we just celebrated a big aniversy many years together....
    So with the good follows heart sick
    had exray on hip today , see pain doc tommrow and will let him know whats going on, will get news on exray tommrow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 PM   #2
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User
    Re: very scared my turn to vent

Zoey,
    I am so sorry, for all this to be happening at once must just be devastating! You and your family will be in my prayers, I have two sons myself, and I can only imagine how scared you must be for him.

DH and I lost our medical benefits a few months ago too, We got on at a nice county clinic on a sliding scale, and some of our meds we moved to Walmart on their $4 generic plan, which has saved us thousands. I hope you can find some answers tomorrow, please let us know whats happening and how you and your son and husband are doing.

Your Friend, Fabby

Old 04-11-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

Hey Zoey~
    Im so sorry for the added stress...I was a Marine's wife during the Gulf War in the 90's, and when i heard the news today in my car on Fox News I was devestated for all of the falmilies and everyone. Please know that things will be alright, and even thought it rains when it pours,, there will be sunshine~
    Please accept my prayers and thoughts and give your son our love and support. You are always so kind to everyone here. Ive been AWOL for a bit, but Im always here for you if you need ANYTHING!
    Tons of hugs and understanding...
    xoxoxoxoxoxo,
    IZZY'SMOM~

Old 04-12-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
    morgyporgy
    (female)

morgyporgy HB User

you will definetly be in my thoughts and prayers. i could not even imagine having a loved one in the service right now. i do wish you luck in getting that pain under control and i hope your drs. can find some alternatives when your insurance runs out. i have gone every step of my journey without insurance but hopefully that will change soon. gl and god bless you and your family, katy

Old 04-12-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
    Tripletmom
    (female)

Tripletmom HB User

Somedays it just seems never ending, doesn't it!
    You will surely be in my prayers for both you and your family...
    Please tell you son, that we are grateful for all that he and the others are doing.
    I am a Navy brat...my mom raised most of us by herself while my father was away...so it makes it very hard for me to complain when my husband is gone for a week.
    Best Wishes,
    D.

Old 04-13-2007, 12:29 PM   #6
    babs17
    Veteran
    (female)

babs17 HB Userbabs17 HB User

My Prayers will certainly include you today. All the Best...your positive energy can make all these very scary scenerios work out good. Believe in it.

C4-C7 Herniations
    T5-T10 Herniations
    L3-S1 Herniations
    Thoracic Fusion via Thoracotomy 10/06

Old 01-11-2012, 02:27 PM   #7
    meg52
    (female)

meg52 HB User

Zoey,

I am so sorry to see you going through all of this.

Please know you and your family are in my prayers.

Old 01-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

Meg: The post you responded to was from 2007. It's likely the original poster may no longer be participating in the boards.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #9
    twinsmomma23
    (female)

twinsmomma23 HB User

first off i want to say thank you for your family's unselfish acts. i can not tell you how greatful i am not only for the sacrifices all the men and women make to fight for our freedom and safety but also for their family to be willing to give up so much time with their loved ones. especially the parents. i could never imagine not seeing my sons for so long AND knowing that they are in such a situation as your son is in. you truly are an inspiration. you will keep your family in my prayers especially your son who is giving up his time to fight for my sons to be able to grow up in freedom and safety. again thank you and your family for your sacrifices...

Closed Thread