It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Problems with pain medication..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #16
    eddieJ85
    (male)

eddieJ85 HB User
    Re: Problems with pain medication..

Well here is an update on what happened. On last monday I did not receive a refill. My nurse said that my doctor was out of the country and had left instructions not to give me anymore.

By Tuesday I was very very sick, on top of that I was in pain. It was horrible, I called again on Thursday just to profess to the nurse what I was going through, and she took pity on me and gave me enough to last me until sunday night, since I see my GP on monday.

Well I see my GP today, and seeing what happened when I didn't have meds before, I am just very afraid he will not help me out at all..especially since he doesnt know me very well and I've only been to see him twice. Hopefully he'll understand.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #17
    feelbad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i wish you lots of luck eddie.i have to say tho that i am a bit shocked that a mere nurse would take it upon herself to override a docs direct orders and actually Rx you narcotics?wow.she could be in some big trouble when that doc gets back in town.i hope you appreciate what she did for you and what it could cost her.she is just going to have some big explaining to do to this doc.

if you are just honest and very straight forward with your primary i am sure given your history,he will be able to come up with some sort of plan to help with your pain.good luck and please let us know how things go,K? Marcia

Old 08-07-2007, 12:34 PM   #18
    Fabrashamx
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Fabrashamx HB User

Hi again Eddie,

Was this a nurse practitioner? they are allowed to prescribe. Or did she ask the doctor who is covering his service while he's out of the country?
    Possibly she even called him long distance.
    Its amazing how people word things that can greatly change the meaning of the message, also.
    The doctor may have simply left no instructions one way or another, and somehow that was conveyed to you as 'instructed not to give you any more' instead of 'not instructed to give you anymore'. close, but two very seperate things.

Anyway, I have been sending good thoughts your way and hope you post soon and let us know how it went at the GP's office.

Your Friend, Fabby

Closed Thread