It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Running out early...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #16
    kittencaboodle
    (female)

kittencaboodle HB User
    Re: Running out early...

72575--
    (sorry, don't know how else to address you )........

I'm so glad that your appt went well for you and that you have a plan for your Mother to hold/dispense your meds to you periodically. I'm also glad that you didn't take offense to anything I wrote either.....or at least hope you didn't. Sometimes what is written comes across as being judgmental and non-caring. That is never the intent by myself and most others on this site. I have never came across a more caring group as those who frequent this board. There always seems to be someone who will be able to reply with either the info that is being sought or even just a kind word or two, and most times just someone who is willing to listen to those who only need to get things off their chest.

I hope things continue to work out for you and that you will get either a confirmed diagnosis along with a good plan to fix it or at the very least a good working medication regimen and maybe some other non-medicinal modalities of treatment to go along with it.

Take care,
    ~~~Kitt

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
    MAMMYBOJAMMY
    (female)

MAMMYBOJAMMY HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fabrashamx View Post
    Hi Mammy,

No, what I meant was that I take 50 mg. Tramadol (thats the strongest it comes in).
    I take 2 pills at once, 3 times a day, for a total of 300 mgs a day.

Sorry I didnt make that clearer. I have been on them for well over a decade, and they still work for me, but I am considering switching to the methadone, has your doctor offered you that option? Hopefully you can switch to something that works better for you.

HTH, Fabby

I just started a new Dr. in March. I have only seen him for my initial consultation. I didn't have any other choice at that time who my Dr. was. I just had to have one for the WC people and he was the first one I called that was taking new patients and would accept both WC and Medicare.

He point blank said "I will NOT give out Narcotics"...I have also been on the Tramadol for decades. It has not worked in a long time. I refuse to "ask" for anything any stronger because I don't want to be labeled...

I will eventually find another Dr to take care of me. I already know A Dr. I could go to if drugs was all I wanted. But, that is not what I want. I just want to have a little less pain so I can function better.

I was thinking I read where Tramadol comes in a dose of 100...??? Hmmmm
    I know that either Ultram, Ultracet or Tramadol...one of them now has an ER tablet. I read online about it somewhere...

Well, thanks for your reply. Talk to ya later, Mammy

Old 09-14-2007, 07:41 PM   #18
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

I just wanted to let you know that Ultram the brand comes in 100 mg ER or 200mg ER. I was taking tramadol 50mg 8x/day for a total of 400mg. I am titrating down now and going off of it. I am down to 4/day (total 200mg)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MAMMYBOJAMMY View Post
    I just started a new Dr. in March. I have only seen him for my initial consultation. I didn't have any other choice at that time who my Dr. was. I just had to have one for the WC people and he was the first one I called that was taking new patients and would accept both WC and Medicare.

He point blank said "I will NOT give out Narcotics"...I have also been on the Tramadol for decades. It has not worked in a long time. I refuse to "ask" for anything any stronger because I don't want to be labeled...

I will eventually find another Dr to take care of me. I already know A Dr. I could go to if drugs was all I wanted. But, that is not what I want. I just want to have a little less pain so I can function better.

I was thinking I read where Tramadol comes in a dose of 100...??? Hmmmm
    I know that either Ultram, Ultracet or Tramadol...one of them now has an ER tablet. I read online about it somewhere...

Well, thanks for your reply. Talk to ya later, Mammy

Closed Thread