It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Using Norspan (Bupe) and ZYPREXA (olanzapine)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2007, 12:54 AM   #1
    jumathon
    (male)

jumathon HB User
    Using Norspan (Bupe) and ZYPREXA (olanzapine)

Hi I was just wondering if it is possible for these two drugs to be used together? Would any side effects occour if they were! Thanks so much!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2007, 06:16 AM   #2
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User
    Re: Using Norspan (Bupe) and ZYPREXA (olanzapine)

Hi Jum, Zyprexa is an anti psychotic, and like all meds in this class the thing to watch for is movement disorders. Any kind of tick or twitching that develops needs to be reported asap or they can become permanant conditions if the meds aren't stopped at the soonest onset or symptom.

All meds have risks, It's just a matter of the benefit outweighing the potential risk.. Antipsychotics have been used for years to treat CP and help with sleep or simply as tranquilizers and sedatives. The calmer you are, the better your sleep, the less you hurt. The more anxiety and stress your under the more you hurt. It's not like these are new theories, just newer safer antipsychotics being used than 15 years ago. Although they are considered safer, you still have to watch for those symptoms and report them asap if you see any sign of uncontrollable movements whether it's facial, hands, arms, legs, whatever. The condition is called TD, "tardative dyskinsea" "sp?"

Good luck, Dave

Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
    methadonia
    (male)

methadonia HB User

Does Neurontin fall into this class?

Old 11-30-2007, 06:23 AM   #4
    Shoreline
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Shoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB UserShoreline HB User

Neuontin is an ati seizure med, Zyprexa is an anti psychotic. Sorry about the stigma atached to anti psychotics, but many meds are used for off label purposes. You likely don't have seizures methadonia, and I don't think Juma is psychotic because she's taking a drug that's used for that condition.

Closed Thread