It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• Topamax question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #16
    jerris45
    (female)

jerris45 HB User
    Thumbs down Re: Topamax question

I am also a chronic back pain sufferer . I have had spinal fusion at l4,l5,sacrum and have severe pain at the location of the surgery and have taken 200 mg of mscontin,three times a day, 30 mg roxicodone 4times a day, tizanaqdene 6mg muscle relaxer, now they are trying lyrica but my legs swell so bad an hurt that I can"t take that . How well does the topomax really work . My next thing is nero surgery thats all I can think of that is causing the pain because when I move around alot or walk any thing that moving causes extreem pain and heat at site I also use a llot of ice any suggestions. I have tried just about every thing , this has really taken a toll on me my whole life has changed all that I do any more is complain and have severe mood swings .My life revolves around my pain I don't fish .garden,work or any thing every thing that I do or not do depends on how much pain I'm in and that is every day all day long .I would give myn soul for just a few day's with out PAIN!!!!!!!!!! I also quit smoking and gained somwe weight !

Last edited by jerris45; 01-05-2008 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Need for sugestions????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2008, 11:11 AM   #17
    jerris45
    (female)

jerris45 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Topamax question

I am also a chronic back pain sufferer . I have had spinal fusion at l4,l5and,sacrum and have severe pain at the location of the surgery and have taken 200 mg of mscontin,three times a day, 30 mg roxicodone 4times a day, tizanadene 6mg muscle relaxer, now they are trying lyrica but my legs swell so bad an hurt that I can"t take that . How well does the topomax really work . My next thing is nero surgery thats all I can think of that is causing the pain because when I move around alot or walk any thing that moving causes extreem pain and heat at site I also use a llot of ice any suggestions. I have tried just about every thing , this has really taken a toll on me my whole life has changed all that I do any more is complain and have severe mood swings .My life revolves around my pain I don't fish .garden,work or any thing every thing that I do or not do depends on how much pain I'm in and that is every day all day long .I would give my soul for just a few day's with out PAIN!!!!!!!!!! I also quit smoking and gained some weight.

Last edited by jerris45; 01-05-2008 at 11:12 AM.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 PM   #18
    sandollar
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sandollar HB User
    Re: Topamax question

Thank You Campingirl72,
    And I LOVE you name!!
    I hope you find what your looking for. Topamax is an excellent med for migraines.
    Stardust

Old 01-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #19
    brianpain33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

brianpain33 HB Userbrianpain33 HB User

Jerris45:
    Have you ever tried a TENS unit. I know that they help quite a bit for people that suffer from back pain. Also, if it does help quite a bit they can do a surgery where they implant leads directly into your spine and it becomes permanent. I beleive it is called electro-stimulation. It is defintely something to look into.

Brian

Old 01-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #20
    Queenneeee
    (female)

Queenneeee HB UserQueenneeee HB User

Hi everyone !! Hope everyone is in a little less pain this morning....I was just glancing at the boards and I always seem to find something that I can relate to. I have learned so many things from here and have also been through so much I sometimes can add something for someone else. After reading this post I must add (correct) something.

"I can tell you that vicodin comes in 3 stregths - 5/500, 7.5/500 and 10/500 - the top number is the amount of hydrocodone in the pills and the bottom number is the amount of tylenol in the pills. "

I take vicodin on a daily basis and my strength is 10/650, so this might have been a typing 'oop' but I just wanted point this out.

I take 10/650 's every 4 hours and never ever miss a dose. My pain in still there but without vicodin I would be afraid to see my pain level. I also take 375 mg. of lyrica a day. At first I thought it really really helped but now I am not sure. It's so hard because the only way to see if you are really benefitting from a med would be to stop it and see if it really really was helping and I don't think many of us would be willing to suffer through that if our pain levels shot even higher. If only there was a magic med that made us all well again and painfree (even just for one day)...it's nice to dream sometime.... take -care ,

Old 01-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #21
    scrappinmaniac
    (female)

scrappinmaniac HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Queenneeee View Post
    "I can tell you that vicodin comes in 3 stregths - 5/500, 7.5/500 and 10/500 - the top number is the amount of hydrocodone in the pills and the bottom number is the amount of tylenol in the pills. "

I take vicodin on a daily basis and my strength is 10/650, so this might have been a typing 'oop' but I just wanted point this out.
    Hello Queenneeee,

Yes, you are correct. As I'm sure you know, hydrocodone medication is made by many different manufacturers. I intended to post that Lortab comes in 10/500 strength. Thanks for pointing my mistake out. I appreciate it.

Take care,
    Scrappin Maniac

Closed Thread