It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• rude comment at the pharmacy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #16
    stepbystep89
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

stepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB Userstepbystep89 HB User
    Re: rude comment at the pharmacy

Aver,
    I am really sorry this happened to you. It is a really crummy situation to be in.
    I agree with what several people have said here. I believe you should contact the pharmacy and stand up for yourself.
    One little observation and opinion I would like to add is it seems when I have problems at the pharmacy it is really hard to talk to someone who has authority. If you speak to the store manager he says the staff in the pharmacy are not his people. If you speak to the pharmacists working that shift they say you have to call back when the head pharamacist is in. Maybe it's just me, but just because you are a great pharmacist and very smart doesn't mean you are a great manager. I have a feeling that alot of these incidences happen because the employees in the pharmacies aren't properly managed. It seems like there is nobody who is going to give them timely feedback and consequences for what they do.
    Well, enough from the world according to Step.
    I wish you well,
    Step

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #17
    JoJo921
    (male)

JoJo921 HB User

Welcome to the wonderful world of being treated like a drug addict and all sorts of others opinionated things from the pharmacy workers. I would call the store manager and ask him/her if it was common practice for their pharmacy staff to break hippa laws ( The HIPPA law protects patients from ANYONE discussing anything medically about you to anyone else) I would also ask for his full name and the full name of the head pharmasist, and just tell him it is for legal purposes. I myself have had many rude things said to my face as well as behind my back from these folk who call themselves professionals

Old 12-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #18
    BabyOwensMama
    (female)

BabyOwensMama HB User

I can't believe they did that! It's a good thing your neighbor was there or you wouldn't even know. It always funny that some people working in pharmacies are so quick to judge people by their medications. It's like HELLLLLLLOOOO You should be happy I am on so many meds, it's why you have a job in the first place! If they felt the need to be deciding how much and what kind of medicine a person should be taking they should have became doctors and not pharmacists.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:29 AM   #19
    pjammies
    (female)

pjammies HB User

Hi, I'm fairly new but I was so angry when I read what happened to you that I just had to respond. There is no such thing as coincidence. Your neighbor heard it so you can do something about it. I wonder how many other uncalled for comments they make about THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I would love to hear how they respond to your complaint, if you would be willing to share.

Good thoughts and prayers are going out to you!

pjammies
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:24 AM   #20
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

I agree with letting the distract manager know, perhaps it will cause a chain reaction for other stores & save other cp patients having to go through this in the future. The amount of posts about pharmacies on here is proof alone that there is a problem with judgemental phamacists. As I have stated in the past dealing with pain everyday is hard, who needs to be treated like that from a proffesional who is getting paid darn good to do their job. This happens because it is allowed, & it should not be. I don't even want to go get my scripts anymore the last time I did I had just paid for them & turned around to see the two pharmacists looking at me & whispering, of course I knew it was about me, I am not being paranoid, the one pharmacist has changed the whole way he speaks to me now that I am on narcotics. I hate taking them & that makes it harder, I am thinking about changing pharmacys but I believe if I do I will explain to the next one why I did. It is not worth being made to feel like a druggie anymore. It is darn right hurtful & so unfair to be jugded. I can tell you if I caught any pharmacist doing what was done to you I would not hesitate to complain to the hightest chain of command, after all your rights were violated & like I said they do this because they are allowed to get away with it. Good luck

Old 12-11-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
    painaway
    Veteran
    (female)

painaway HB User

Just wondering how the meeting went yesterday at the pharmacy?

Old 12-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #22
    YohBlondie52
    (female)

YohBlondie52 HB User

Walgreens is TERRIBLE about announcing loudly what prescriptions you have (both in store and through the drive through). I would definitely talk to the manager and complain. There is no excuse for ignorant and unprofessional people to behave that way. Let us know if you get any reply from them.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM   #23
    MT10149
    (male)

MT10149 HB User

Yeah, What Happened????????

Old 12-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #24
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User

Sorry, sorry, sorry - they are doing an internal investigation and will get back to me within 10 days - the manager and the head pharmacist were both very humble and apologetic -the pharmacist said that if he could find out who was guilty they will be fired and if it is a licensed person, he will report them to the state (which he said could possibly cost that person their license) - the manager gave me an envelope that said how sorry he was and hoped that I would never have any problems with Walgreens again and that if I did to please call him immediately or the head pharmacist - he said they have taken this very seriously and there would be a resolution - also enclosed was a $500.00 (yes five hundred) gift card
    I know I am a bleeding heart but I will feel bad if someone has their license taken away because then they would not be able to work anywhere - my husband says that someone that unprofessional should not be working with our private information or making life altering decisions with our medication -
    I still think never working again is harse Love & Peace Aver
    Ya'll are incredible and make me strong - I feel like I have POWER and I am going to use it and make myself better

Last edited by Aver00; 12-11-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:35 PM   #25
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

Make sure that you have documentation regarding that $500.00 gift card....I almost take that as being bribery to keep you quiet. I don't like that in the slightest. I almost think you should consult a lawyer.

Old 12-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #26
    painaway
    Veteran
    (female)

painaway HB User

WOW!!!! What a wonderful turnout! I know it doesn't help the fact that your neighbor heard that about you, but with $500 to spend at Christmas, who cares, right?? I'm just kidding. That is great, though, and girl, you SHOULD feel empowered! You did an awesome job standing up for yourself! I agree that losing their license seems a bit harsh, but if it could save others from having personal info leaked, then so be it. I think "a good old fashioned raking over the coals" will work wonders!! Good for you, Aver!!! Thanks for sharin'!

Old 12-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #27
    painaway
    Veteran
    (female)

painaway HB User

Diet...hummm, good point! Never thought of it that way. Document, document, document! It can't hurt.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:03 PM   #28
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User

Do you really think it might be hush money = Why would I need a lawyer, I do not mean to be stupid =====I am however upset that my neighbor heard this as she also goes to church with me = now they are all wonderful people, my neighbors but she made the comment that she did not reallize I was so ill and she would be praying for me = great huh? Aver

Old 12-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #29
    ms_west
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ms_west HB User

They were WRONG to be saying anything about you especially in the presence of someone else. Not to say this but could that neighbor go out and tell people that you are on alot of meds -- she certainly did not waste time telling you. People who are on narcotics do not need anyone knowing that we are on alot of meds. It is a risk to us and the more individuals who know you are on meds puts you at risk == home invasion or being attacked. People do crazy things for medication. I am not saying this is going to happen to you or that your neighbor would say anything intentionally but she could bring it up innocently in prayer group. It is just food for thought.

Also why do you think the manager gave you $$, to say I am sorry. They were wrong....he admits they are at fault before he even got to the bottom of the problem and found out who said what. This leads me to believe that this has happened before.

I am not a sue happy person but this was a violation of your personal information and privacy rights. Just my 2 cents!!

Last edited by ms_west; 12-11-2007 at 08:54 PM.

Old 12-12-2007, 04:54 AM   #30
    sammyo1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Aver, I am like you I would feel bad about anyone looseing their job in todays time, but its sounds alittle fishy to me, first of all I am sure if your neighbor knew an approx. time she was there when she heard it they could trace back who was on duty that day & time, everyone works on a schedule. Honestly that is just avoiding dealing with that employee. At the least you would think that person would get an suspension or something. The privacy law is the first thing I was taught when I went for MA training & CNA training & it was went over constantly. Also what is 500.00 to a big store. It sounds like bribary, although not to make you feel bad I know money comes in handy to us all but it does not change the fact that your rights were violated & I am sure you are not the only one. They like pepper said could have very well endangered you. That person should be fired, the license thing is alittle harsh but come on they know the rules. Thank god your neighbor told you but what is to prevent her from telling others? I hope something else comes out of this & good for you for standing up for yourself. Sammy

Closed Thread