It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Pain Management Message Board

• rude comment at the pharmacy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-12-2007, 06:54 AM   #31
    jodom1979
    Inactive
    (male)

jodom1979 HB User
    Re: rude comment at the pharmacy

Woot!

Lay the smack down on them!! Ya I would take the 500.00 dollar gift card as a bribe.. Get results before doing anything with it to make sure your satisfied with the outcome (IMO). I had an incident back a few months ago and spoke with the store manager (Riteaid) and now she is just as friendly as can be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2007, 06:58 AM   #32
    badoldback
    (male)

badoldback HB User

It sounds like they are trying to do the honorable thing by apologizing and giving you the $500.00.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:45 AM   #33
    BrittleBones
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

BrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB UserBrittleBones HB User

I agree with Badoldback! I really think that our society is too quick to sue the pants off of everybody and anybody who "does us wrong"! In this particular case I think I would accept the gift certificate and trust that the store will do its best to discipline the person who made the remark. Losing ones' privacy and having a neighbor hear rude comments about yourself is a terrible thing, but is it worth suing over? C'mon folks!!! We all make mistakes and some are worse than others, but why do we always have this need to pound the offender's head into the ground to make a point? I think I would take the gift card, accept the apology from the company, and call it a day. Save the lawyers for when you lose an arm or a leg to a bad surgeon or you fall into a pothole on your way out of the store and break something!! Just my opinion. Memere

Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #34
    morgyporgy
    (female)

morgyporgy HB User

hmmm quite alot to think about. isn't it a darn shame you can't just feel good about it and realize you have $500.00? honestly, to me, $500.00 sure is alot of money for them to be giving you. something else to think about is that when your friend filled her prescription, her receipt will have a time on it. i would ask her if she knew what time it was or atleast what the person looked like. i am so sorry all this happened but you did do right thing. do you realize that by turning this person in that you may have actually saved someone's life down the road. people will do absolutely crazy things for medication and because of you that may not happen to someone. possibly more that 1 person. i am proud of you and cannot say it enough. you did a GREAT thing Aver, give yourself a hug from morgy porgy. god bless

Old 12-12-2007, 08:57 AM   #35
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 123dietdrpepper View Post
    Make sure that you have documentation regarding that $500.00 gift card....I almost take that as being bribery to keep you quiet. I don't like that in the slightest. I almost think you should consult a lawyer.

exactly.....it's hush money. they will probably make you sign something

Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #36
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I wouldn't care about someone losing their job over this.....
    don't do the crime if you can't do the time......
    maybe that will teach someone the meaning of the words privacy and discretion.
    they shouldn't have been doing that......let them get what's coming to them and don't feel guilty for one lousy second.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:30 AM   #37
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User
    Cool Re: rude comment at the pharmacy

The head pharmacist knows the time because my neighbor told me this in the beginning and I gave them the information - My decision is that I gave them all the information they needed to complete their investigation and I am going to trust them to do the right thing (I am not signing anything and have not been asked to sign anything) -Both gentlemen seemed sincere and there is really nothing to do to undo what has happened - Now, I feel I have done what I can do to prevent this from happening again - I am still very upset but I have done what I can do and feel I have received a genuine apology with a promise to prevent anything like this happening again - I think the gift card was just that a gift - this would be about the same amount of money CVS would give me ($25. a prescription) to transfer my prescriptions -
    Now if I have been conned and they really do not give a flip, there is nothing I can do about that - However, if my service there is not wonderful from now on, I will transfer to another pharmacy and tell everyone I know that I have had problems with them and I have a bigger mouth than my neighbor
    Love and Peace Aver

Old 12-12-2007, 09:35 AM   #38
    friendly_one
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

friendly_one HB User

Aver,

I, too, think it's hush money. In a previous reply, I told you a few years ago I was physically attacked, robbed of my meds, and sexually assaulted by 4 assailants in the parking lot outside the pharmacy. It turned out, the pharmacist (new, young guy) and 2 pharm. techs tipped these people off. Well, eventually I retained a lawyer and the pharmacist lost his license and went to jail. Do I feel regret for him? HELL NOOOO!! I hope he was somenone's b*tch for a very, very long time!! The 2 pharm. techs were also fired.

You could have seriously been hurt, like I was, if the wrong person or people overheard your meds, ya know?? Just be careful, ok? I don't think it would hurt just to counsult a lawyer. You know this isn't the first time the pharmacist has opened his big mouth. It's just the first time he was caught. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #39
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User

That is so awful and a good reason why these people must behave in the professional way that they have been trained - I certainly hope you have not suffered too much with post traumatic stress - Do you really feel involving the legal system would make a difference to anyone - If I felt like I was being played, I certainly would - I do have a little of the "Pollyanna" syndrome so I will think about this some more - again, I am so sorry that some idiot has caused you so much pain and it proves how dangerous this all is Aver

Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 PM   #40
    IZZY'SMOM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

IZZY'SMOM HB User

DONT spend the hush money and get an attorney. If you call around attorneys you will have them lying at your feet wanting to take this case.
    If you think 500.00 is alot? Think about 5 million. they deserve it and are insulting your intelligence by giving you a crappy gift card.
    Too bad you couldnt have found out who the big mouth was and waited for them late at night after work at let them have it. Nothing like a good scare walking to the car. Id have someone scare them to death...they'd be giving me my scripts. Sorry, thats just how I roll. Im tired of all of the crap. BE STRONG!
    xoxoxoxox,
    IZZY'SMOM

Old 12-13-2007, 12:10 AM   #41
    BabyOwensMama
    (female)

BabyOwensMama HB User

Regardless of if you choose to spend the money or not (which I think you should) it doesn't have to be the final word in any sort of compensation you receive. You can still choose to consult a lawyer. I hope they were sincere in their apologies, I know I would feel horrible if something like that happened on my watch. This is a serious matter and if anything should happen to you like being robbed for your meds, I am sure they are aware they could be held liable. I would call back on a regular basis to make sure they are doing something and maybe get the name of the specific guilty party. I gurantee if you start throwing around the term "lawsuit" they will hang that employee out to dry like the bedsheets.

Either way, I hope it works out for you, being in constant pain is enough without the added stress!

Old 12-13-2007, 12:13 AM   #42
    BabyOwensMama
    (female)

BabyOwensMama HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by friendly_one View Post
    Aver,

I, too, think it's hush money. In a previous reply, I told you a few years ago I was physically attacked, robbed of my meds, and sexually assaulted by 4 assailants in the parking lot outside the pharmacy. It turned out, the pharmacist (new, young guy) and 2 pharm. techs tipped these people off. Well, eventually I retained a lawyer and the pharmacist lost his license and went to jail. Do I feel regret for him? HELL NOOOO!! I hope he was somenone's b*tch for a very, very long time!! The 2 pharm. techs were also fired.

You could have seriously been hurt, like I was, if the wrong person or people overheard your meds, ya know?? Just be careful, ok? I don't think it would hurt just to counsult a lawyer. You know this isn't the first time the pharmacist has opened his big mouth. It's just the first time he was caught. Just my 2 cents.

How awful!! Thank God you are okay and thank God those *bad words* were punished!

Old 12-13-2007, 06:13 AM   #43
    HappyFlower
    (female)

HappyFlower HB User

I have to agree with BadoldBack and Memere....and I know my opinion might not be popular, but after reading for a few days, I decided to throw it in.

No doubt what the guilty parties did was wrong. It is black and white.

Accept the gift card, sure. Sue, no. Aside from being angry and embarrassed, no harm was done to you. Could harm have been done? Sure. But, you were smart, nipped the problem in the bud, and made the Head Pharmacist and Store Manager aware of the situation. Trust them to handle it....and maybe use the drive thru...

The point was made somewhere (might not have been this thread??) that we are all targets of med-seekers. I have witnessed people staring over shoulders at the medication bags of others as the cashier rings up the person...as you can almost always see the med name sticking out of the bag. I have witnessed people asking those waiting what ailment they have....etc....and heard people tell them their meds and what the ailment was. I have seen people take meds in public places...clear as day...bottle out and all.

I have also known friends who never tell a soul about their meds or who have meds from a surgery three years ago and have them stolen from their homes...

What happened to Friendly One is aweful...and makes me sick. I hope she sued to the fullest the law allows. That is a whole other situation.

(I have to ask...Friendly One, when you said the pharmacist "tipped off" the people who attacked you. Do you mean he actually told them about you and your meds or did the people overhear comments? I took it to mean the pharmacist was "working with" those who attacked you?)

Please don't misunderstand me. I would be furious if I were you...I mean livid. I was brought up Southern Baptist...I know what "I'll pray for you" means...lol! It means "fire up the gossip train"..er..."prayer chain." That is the worst part of this to me...the embarassment you must feel. I am so sorry this happened and you are having to deal with it...but I think you have handled it with integrity and poise.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:50 AM   #44
    Aver00
    Veteran
    (female)

Aver00 HB User

Thanks Happy Flower - I was beginning to feel like I was letting people down by not getting a lawyer but I really feel they are going to handle this appropriately - I believe they were both genuinely distressed that this had happened and perhaps had been happening - they are supposed to get back with me and I believe they will Aver

Old 12-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #45
    rayefaye
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rayefaye HB User

Remember, all this is hear say and only one person to verify it. So it would be her word against their pharmacy staff which would mean more than one person denying it. So unless she actually recorded the person saying it or someone else besides your friend hearing it, you would really have no leg to stand on. So therefore, it would be a waste of time and money on your part. Also, how reliable do you think you friend is? People do tell stuff just to get something started because they don't have a life of their own.

Closed Thread